Cate's Diary

I think being on my own here for a week unsettled me. I was never scared, just felt lonely this time.
I wonder if next time you could put a plan in place so it doesn't feel so lonely-either for others to come and stay with you for a while, or for you to go and have some days somewhere...

Thanks, Liza. I think I will. Not having a little car that I am happy driving around is keeping me home more, so that needs to be addressed next I think.
The power went out yesterday at 4.20 pm & it didn't look like it was going to be back on until 11 pm so I went with G to 8-ball & had a pleasant evening. When we got home just before 11 it still wasn't on, so I'm glad I went.

Not having a little car that I am happy driving around is keeping me home more, so that needs to be addressed next I think.
Yes so important you have something you are comfortable driving!
The power went out yesterday at 4.20 pm & it didn't look like it was going to be back on until 11 pm so I went with G to 8-ball & had a pleasant evening. When we got home just before 11 it still wasn't on, so I'm glad I went.
So good you chose to go out and had a good time. Power outages can be fun for short times (getting out the candles, enjoying the silence...) but when it comes to not being able to make a cup of tea for that long it kind of sucks!

Thanks, LaMa & Liza. The power came back on about 10 minutes after I got to bed, but I was able to make us a hot drink as we have a wood heater with a cooktop.
I had a good day yesterday. We went & picked up the red car from the panel beaters & he had washed it & it looks like new with the work done. I took lots of photos when I got home & will try to sell it soon.
The way I'm going I don't think I'll be losing any weight in September. I think I need to go below 1450 cals to actually lose weight. I also need to be more active with some aerobic exercise. My daily walks are good but I don't work up a sweat.
I'm feeling good.

You don't have to work up a sweat for something to burn calories or be good for you, thankfully. Of course strenuous exercise generally burns more calories per unit of time but most people can't keep it up as regularly or for the same amount of time so total the gentle stuff may very well burn more.

You’re right of course. Anyway I much prefer the gentle stuff. My walk this morning was a good one & was very enjoyable.

Attachments

• AA42467C-FCE4-4422-9651-D54C1906C0A9.png
    AA42467C-FCE4-4422-9651-D54C1906C0A9.png
    208.9 KB · Views: 1
Anyway I much prefer the gentle stuff.
That's a big component in keeping us consistent too--the enjoyment factor...so if you are enjoying the more gentle stuff keep with that I think--good to not over stress joints too especially when you've had a history with knee issues!

I was able to make us a hot drink as we have a wood heater with a cooktop.
Oh that's good you have that backup--I have friends with wood stoves and yes, they always do better when our power goes!

We went & picked up the red car from the panel beaters & he had washed it & it looks like new with the work done. I took lots of photos when I got home & will try to sell it soon.
Excellent!

Thanks, Liza :grouphug: You wouldn't believe it, but my knee has gone again. I really thought it was healing by itself, albeit gradually, & I must have done something to aggravate it. I went for a biggish walk yesterday morning, without any problems & in the afternoon it caused me grief. It gave way a few times. Hopefully, it's only temporary. I'll see how I go today, but may get the brace out & wear it again tomorrow if I need to.

Thanks, LaMa. It's a little better, but hurts when I go uphill at all, or up steps. I'll definitely wear a brace tomorrow.

Thanks, Liza. It feels much better today & I'll be very careful. It's wet & windy out there so I don't think I'll be walking much today.

Thanks, Liza. It feels much better today & I'll be very careful. It's wet & windy out there so I don't think I'll be walking much today.
Good you are being careful.
Maybe you can do some upper body movement instead?
That sounds like a nice idea. I know a lot of my qi gong doesn't stress the knees at all (although I would avoid certain movements if having knee pain)...so maybe some of that would be nice?

Anyways just take care and keep healing :grouphug:

Maybe you can do some upper body movement instead?
I did that yesterday, Llama. Does drinking count? I'm just kidding, but I did have 3 drinks while watching the football grand final. I did go for a couple of small walks & also did some Qi Gong.
Good you are being careful.

That sounds like a nice idea. I know a lot of my qi gong doesn't stress the knees at all (although I would avoid certain movements if having knee pain)...so maybe some of that would be nice?

Anyways just take care and keep healing :grouphug:
Thanks, Liza. I did do some Qi Gong. I love it. The knee setback made me feel cranky yesterday I must admit, but doing Qi Gong made me feel much better. I do it at night out in the fresh air on our deck.
I just read your post on my thread, Cate. Can we come up with some game or idea to get us motivated again? I'm all ears. 💡
I'll try to think of something, Em as waiting for the magic to happen is just......not happening :(

OK. I am going to have a reset as of tomorrow (Monday) morning. I'll think about it today & come up with a plan.

Back