Cate's Diary

I had three small glasses of wine (poured into large glasses of sparkling water because I'm a barbarian) over the course of yesterday as well and I can still feel the fog in the back of my head today. It was fun though, and I hope you enjoyed the grand final as well :) Great to hear you managed some Qi Gong!

Thanks, Llama xoxo

The knee setback made me feel cranky yesterday I must admit, but doing Qi Gong made me feel much better. I do it at night out in the fresh air on our deck.
That would make me feel cranky too...It is so frustrating to have setbacks like that...the outdoor qi gong sounds so good!

Thanks, Liza. I take Arch outside each night before bed & it's good to breathe that fresh air in while I do Qi Gong. I must look up some more exercises.

I had a really good day yesterday., including a walk in town with Arch & then around part of the golf course with G & his partners, a fun, sociable time in the clubhouse & then some surprise visitors when we got back home. It was funny because we were both in our dressing gowns. It didn't matter though & it really was a pleasant surprise.

That sounds lovely! Except for surprise visitors: I hate those, no matter how much I like them as people 🙈

Thanks, Liza. I take Arch outside each night before bed & it's good to breathe that fresh air in while I do Qi Gong. I must look up some more exercises.

I had a really good day yesterday., including a walk in town with Arch & then around part of the golf course with G & his partners, a fun, sociable time in the clubhouse & then some surprise visitors when we got back home. It was funny because we were both in our dressing gowns. It didn't matter though & it really was a pleasant surprise.
Sounds like a great day Cate! A very people-y day which can be so nice sometimes.

It was slightly embarrassing, Em as it was so early. We rarely get surprise visitors. They're lovely people & I have been hoping to see more of her as I really like her. I am developing new friends & that's a good thing.

I have booked & paid for tickets to go to the Nationals next March & now I have booked accommodation for G & I & A & M. M rang me yesterday & we had a lovely chat. We're going to the art class on Sat week & she was checking she had the correct date. G has formed a solid friendship with her husband & ours is developing well too. A's brothers had booked expensive accommodation at the course & she wondered if I could find something for the 4 of us, which I did. G & I are both really looking forward to it now. We'll be in a 4 BR house with 2 bathrooms & it's half the price of the alternative. It will save lots as we'll be able to cook a lot of our meals.

Yay for new friends and a fun trip to look forward to! As a kid I loved hotels because *fancy* (they weren't, of course, but felt like it) but the older I get the happuer I am to stay at places with a fridge and a kitchen...

Thanks, LaMa. It is good to have something fun to look forward to. I used to love hotels too, but being able to self-cater when you want to is a big saving plus the actual accommodation is a whole house, rather than a poky space. It is right next to a walking track that leads to the beach. It has 2 bathrooms so we'll have one per couple.

I didn't feel motivated to go anywhere yesterday, but pushed myself out the door in the morning & went into town with Arch. We had a lovely sociable walk along the riverbank, met a lovely woman with 2 little dogs & quite a few people I know to say hello to, did some shopping, went to the library & the post office & came home for a healthy lunch.
After lunch I read, and then G rang to say he was on the way & we headed off down the road to meet him. G talked me into going out to 8-ball with him last night as I enjoyed it last week. I went with him but must remember not to go back to this venue as it has incredibly strong-smelling toilets. They have those air "fresheners" that choof out nasty chemicals & also stinky sticks. I only had one drink.

The automatic poofy air smellifiers annoy me but the stinky sticks irritate my skin and throat more. Your walk sounds lovely indeed!

pushed myself out the door in the morning & went into town with Arch. We had a lovely sociable walk along the riverbank, met a lovely woman with 2 little dogs & quite a few people I know to say hello to, did some shopping, went to the library & the post office & came home for a healthy lunch.
Sounds like a great day out. I love the sound always of your walks along the riverbank.
They have those air "fresheners" that choof out nasty chemicals & also stinky sticks.
lol yeah they don't really "freshen" anything! So gross smelling!

Thanks, Llama & Liza :grouphug:
I'm still wheezy from the toxic stinkers. They are so hard to avoid. I won't be going back to that venue.

It's L's 1st WA without her husband & I had the idea to take her out to lunch. G's brother, SIL & 2 sisters are going too. I'm going to get a haircut. We have to leave Arch at home. I really must try to get a doggy door. One that you can slot into the sliding door setup, even if you can't lock it would be better than leaving him inside for that time. I can't really leave a door just open as we get wildlife come inside. Last night we had a bat in our bathroom, luckily before we went to bed.

Wildlife coming in might be a problem with a doggy door as well. I've heard there are options (mostly to keep neighborhood pets out) where the door only opens when it detects a chip in the dog's collar but I don't know how well that works in practice.
What a nice thought to take L out to lunch on what must be a hard day for her. You're a good egg, Cate.

We bought a door today, LaMa & hopefully we'll be able to work it out & it won't let much wildlife in. It's a safer option than what we have been doing which is leave the sliding doors ajar, which lets in flies & bats & a blue wren the other day :)
What a nice thought to take L out to lunch on what must be a hard day for her. You're a good egg, Cate.
Thank you xoxo
She seemed very chuffed about it.

Last night we had a bat in our bathroom, luckily before we went to bed.
!!! wow. what do you do then? Is it difficult to get a bat out safely?
It's a safer option than what we have been doing which is leave the sliding doors ajar, which lets in flies & bats & a blue wren the other day
That made me laugh a little imagining that as a childrens story where all the wild animals come to have a little party in a human house while the people go to town...but really that sort of stuff I imagine could be extremely problematic! I hope the doggy door helps to keep things more manageable

Is it difficult to get a bat out safely?
Not really. Usually, we open the sliding doors & they make their own way out. This one was in the hand basin & G put a small towel over him & got him out that way. There is a wonderful mural in Sheffield in Tasmania of Gustav Weindorfer, sitting in his hut up Cradle Mountain with wild animals warming themselves by his open fire. You can see it here- https://mattysomewhere.com/2021/04/01/stunning-cradle-mountain-tasmania-for-the-people-for-all-time/
We could end up with snakes or larger birds inside if we just left the door ajar so I hope we can work it out & then train Arch to use it. We had an Echidna on the decking once & an Eastern Quoll.

We had a lovely day yesterday & I got such a heart-warming message from my SIL, who must have been told that it was my idea to take her to lunch.
R & his GF are arriving this afternoon & G & I have some house-cleaning to do. We'll be looking after his dog for tonight & tomorrow & they will be back to stay with us tomorrow night.

Living in regional areas where the animals can just wander inside if your not careful is quite a foreign concept for many without this level of animal activity around them.

Back