Cate's Diary

Great work on dry July!

Thanks, LaMa & Liza :grouphug:
It seems like a good day to make a new plan.
I have dropped my calorie goal to 1,440 from 1500.
That's a start.
I'll think about it during the day....
Yesterday was 1447 cals with a 208 deficit.

Thanks, Liza & LaMa xo
Cals yesterday 1444, not sure of the deficit as my Fitbit is refusing to sync. Fixed it now but won't sync yesterday. Oh, well.
I'm trying a lighter breakfast today, with one piece of toast with PB(2/3) & vegemite(1/3) & 50g of low-fat greek yoghurt & rhubarb with a little almond meal. It was 279 cals & I weighed everything.
I won't have any wine today. I opened a reasonably expensive Tas wine last night & I didn't enjoy it all. I had one glass & then had a glass of cask wine & quite enjoyed that. I'm glad that happened really. Our older son, D had a dry month as well & he has decided to only have one or 2 drinks one night a week. I think I'll just make it one or two glasses occasionally, but definitely no more than 3 days a week. It feels better not to impose super strict restrictions on myself as then I'm more likely to stick with it.
G has gone off to play golf today as he missed out last week. I think I'll go to town & take Arch for a walk on footpaths & do a little shopping. We both fancy a steak tonight. I feel a bit of a hermit & could easily stay at home, but I'll push myself out the door.

Hope you enjoyed your walk with Archie. Well done on Dry July. I think abstaining completely is a great thing to do from time to time. It just resets things a bit.

I agree, Em. I do feel like I have had a much needed reset. Now I need G to accept that. He’ll get used to it. I have had a good day today.

Yeah, I guess he likes having a wine buddy, which I totally get. But you're not being fair to yourself if that's the only reason you're having a glass.

Good to hear the day went well.

Hmm.
I have enjoyed having a break from the forum, after the initial shock.
I'm not sure I'll be able to get back into it as I did before. It's very hard on my eyes for a start.
I need to have a good look around I think & come back here later.

OK.
New look forum :rolleyes: It's very hard on my eyes. All that pink!
New plan. It's time to start again.
<1440 cals a day.
3 AF (alcohol-free) days a week. Yesterday was AF. 😇
5000+ steps every day.
Less time on the internet. That has become easier, as of today, unfortunately.
OK- I'm off on a dog walk 🐕🚶‍♀️(I do like the new smilies!)

OK.
New look forum :rolleyes: It's very hard on my eyes. All that pink!

i'm with you on too much pink! Yikes. Hope i can get used to it too.

Excellent sounding plan Cate.
And yes maybe we'll be more motivated to do less on the forum and more exercise with the new look!

It doesn't show any smilies for me! If anyone finds a "dark" setting my eyes will be happier as well. Agreed that more time offline is probably going to be healthier all around.

Hi, Liza & LaMa 🤗The smilies are hidden, behind The first "More options" 3 vertical dots & then you have to go further & find another 3 vertical dots :svengo: (just testing to see if this is still here- it used to be my favourite!) :rolleyes: It's more like FB & that is not a good thing.
I'm having a good day today. The sun has been shining, which is a very good thing. No rain. I am so over Winter & rain!

:cool: Found the smilies right off. Shall have to incorporate some of the interesting ones along the way.

Hi Cate! Actually, think its pretty cool that they have family emojis that offer same sex options. Trying to get closer to the modern age.

🥴 Found 'em! Thanks for the explanation 🫂 That is a very tight hug, by the way, not sure I fully approve yet...

🥴 Found 'em! Thanks for the explanation 🫂 That is a very tight hug, by the way, not sure I fully approve yet...
I have to say that I do not like the new smilies - it means that old postings with smilies in look stupid.

Back