Cate's Diary

Front row seats :party:
Outstanding!!

I don't often go to concerts, but I'm a huge music fan, so if a concert comes along that I just gotta go to, I do try to get the best seats I can.

My kids surprised us a few years back. The gave us an anniversary present of a set of 3rd row seats to one of my favorite bands, along with 2 nights at a beautiful bed and breakfast right nearby the venue. One of the few bands that my wife and I both enjoy, lol (we usually have very different tastes in music)

Being able to go see live music & move around freely seems almost "wrong" the way the pandemic has changed the world almost everywhere else. I am so, so grateful.
I love that you are taking that oppportunity to go to the concert. I think it's great that you guys are able to do that. Hopefully one day we can all feel as comfy and safe again to do the same!

What a great present TDT! We’re very lucky to share the same tastes in music. I love going to live shows & this will be fabulous! (I have not used that word for a long time). I am really looking forward to it.
Oh, Liza, I really hope you can get to do the same again one day too. I’ll try to enjoy it for everyone who can’t be there.
I had a day off logging yesterday but just inputted it then. I forgot to charge my Fitbit but I think I would have had a small deficit.
It is so wet & cold here at the moment & there is lots of snow on the mountains.
I keep saying I must get some new waterproof hiking shoes & over pants, but I’m a bit allergic to shopping! I also love to take Archie with me wherever I go which makes it hard to shop.
I can’t connect to the internet on my laptop this morning so am using my phone. I might try again….
Edit: Fixed. I used G's phone to connect. I have found some goretex waterproof over pants & have a discount that I can apply to a clearance price & find I just can't go the next step. I hate not trying on clothes & they are not available in the stores here apparently. I'll think about it. I really need some shoes too....

Last edited:
You'll have to pick your poison then. If both online and offline shopping are unpleasant it really only matters where you have a better chance of finding what you need.

I’ll have to go shopping in town soon, LaMa. We may go into town next Friday & I’ll make shoes a priority. I fished out some polar fleece hiking pants today & wore those. I was rugged up from head to ankles today- woollen beanie, gloves, thermal top, woollen jumper, polar fleece vest & pants & merino socks.
I did some gardening & got snowed on. I fitted in 2 walks with Arch between rain, sleet & snow! I have had a good day. I’m currently sipping on a no alcohol red wine. Once your expectations have been lowered you can enjoy it.

Enjoy the AF red wine! Day 16 for me today.

Lovely to hear about your front row concert tickets. I can't wait to see live music again.

I was rugged up from head to ankles today- woollen beanie, gloves, thermal top, woollen jumper, polar fleece vest & pants & merino socks.
Oh that sounds so cozy!
Getting snowed on while gardening made me laugh--what are you finding to do in the garden these wintry days?

Thanks, Em, Liza & LaMa.
I really am looking forward to the show! He is one of my favourite singer/songwriters.
I was potting up some strawberry seedlings we were given. I started laughing when I got snowed on. It was SO cold & felt quite absurd.
It is much harder being active in the cold, but I really need to push myself out there. It is cold again today & just started raining. Ouch.
Thanks, LaMa for joining the veg & fruit thread. I’m looking forward to Summer fruit!
I’m not finding not drinking to be a hardship but sure wish I would lose some weight.
I have listed 2 more items online & had a few enquiries already. It looks like I have sold one. FB marketplace is quite simple. I’m meeting a woman this evening. I’ll keep trying to sell bits & pieces. It’s quite rewarding.

Thanks, Em, Liza & LaMa.
I really am looking forward to the show! He is one of my favourite singer/songwriters.
I was potting up some strawberry seedlings we were given. I started laughing when I got snowed on. It was SO cold & felt quite absurd.
It is much harder being active in the cold, but I really need to push myself out there. It is cold again today & just started raining. Ouch.
Thanks, LaMa for joining the veg & fruit thread. I’m looking forward to Summer fruit!
I’m not finding not drinking to be a hardship but sure wish I would lose some weight.
I have listed 2 more items online & had a few enquiries already. It looks like I have sold one. FB marketplace is quite simple. I’m meeting a woman this evening. I’ll keep trying to sell bits & pieces. It’s quite rewarding.

I hope you had luck finding shoes and overpants. I don't know exactly what overpants are, but hope you got what you needed.

I have almost given up on shopping in person almost now. I need extra wide shoes, which are hard to find in the store, and it seems to be getting easier to return a lot of things that I order online now if they don't work out.

Hi, lioness. Over pants are waterproof pants you can pull on over your normal ones. I think I’ll just stick with the polar fleece ones I have for now. I think we’re going into town on Friday. I’ll try the hiking stores first for shoes & I really need a haircut!
I think I have sold the second item as well. They have both said they will pick up & pay this evening. We’re meeting them both down at the highway, hopefully about the same time.

It is much harder being active in the cold, but I really need to push myself out there. It is cold again today & just started raining.
It is harder to get out there on those days isn't it? I do find I often do ok once I get out into it, but often looking at it from inside it's really tough to motivate! Are you still getting onto your exercise bike?

Lovely about the on-going selling of stuff--sounds very satisfying!

Fingers crossed the sales went through!
They did, LaMa. They were also both lovely people.
It is harder to get out there on those days isn't it? I do find I often do ok once I get out into it, but often looking at it from inside it's really tough to motivate! Are you still getting onto your exercise bike?
Lovely about the ongoing selling of stuff--sounds very satisfying!
It is rewarding once I'm out there, even if I get rained on. I will use the bike on days when I just can't go, but am really happy it's back in its place. It was a spur of the moment thing to sell Archie's crate, but I'm glad I did.
I sold the cordless warmer/cooler that we won in a raffle earlier this year ($10 worth of tickets) for $400 so we're $460 better off today. The guy who bought it was lovely. We settled on a price during the day on messenger. When he picked it up, I said "so, you're a camper then?" to which he then told us about his wife having cancer & a few operations, including a hysterectomy & that they are going to get out & about as often as they can, while they can. They looked to be in their early 30's. I had agreed to drop the price by $100 as I had good feelings about him. Glad I did. The cheapest price I could find online for a new one was $880 so it was very fair as it was still in the box unopened. I keep getting reminders about how lucky we are.

I'm trying to work out what next to sell. I think it's best to only sell one or two things at a time.
Cals yesterday were 1313, with a 479 deficit.

Just out of curiosity, who is the singer/songwriter? I realize you are about as far away from me geographically is you can be and still be on Earth, but I like listening to a really wide variety of music, so I'm curious. There is an Australian guitarist that I am a huge fan of, and almost nobody in this part of the world has ever heard of him. John Butler, or the John Butler trio. I stumbled across him a few years ago and was blown away by his skill on the guitar.

Anyway, I'm always looking for new and interesting music.

@toodamtall He's Paul Kelly. I think he's Australia's best songwriter. John Butler is brilliant. I'm glad you like him. Have a listen to the Teskey Brothers too. I also love so many of the RocKwiz duets. It's my favourite TV show. The RocKwiz Team: RocKwiz Duets Finder . No 14 is great. Dan Kelly is Paul's nephew. I love Martha Wainwright. 161, 155, 129 (love Amanda Palmer), 71 (Max Merrett is an old favourite. Saw him live in Melbourne once). Also check out Dan Sultan's "Kimberley calling" and a duet he does with Paul Kelly about an indigenous AFL footballer, Adam Goodes, who shamefully was booed out of the sport. It was disgustingly all about racism.
There are so many good songs in the RocKwiz link. Look up Paul Kelly "Dumb Things". I often have that song in my head.
I have only just started listening to Low Cut Connie. I read an article about Obama loving their music so checked it out & love it. We both love listening to their music in the car or while cooking.
BTW, I'm also a fan of your signature. There is a huge difference between selfishness and self care.
That is very true. We owe it to ourselves to look after ourselves.

Last edited:
Glad to hear these sales were a much better experience. About the exercise bike: it would be better if you got on it at least for a few minutes every day to get/keep your muscles (and knees) used to it. Otherwise using it for a little longer on bad/rainy/cold days might hurt.

Thanks, LaMa. I'll do that. I can't ride it with my polar fleece pants on though, so will do it in my PJ's.

Back