Cate's Diary

Good song you posted Cate.
I can't ride it with my polar fleece pants on though, so will do it in my PJ's.
ah yes the benefits of indoor exercise :)

I love Martha Wainwright as well. ‘Don’t Forget’ is a beautiful song.
She's brilliant & gorgeous & I love that song.
Good song you posted Cate.
ah yes the benefits of indoor exercise :)
It's a really good song, Liza. Paul Kelly has written some great songs & stands up for indigenous rights.
The indoor exercise hasn't happened yet as I have been getting out in the cold & rain & even taking my dressing gown off inside is daunting. What a winter we are having! SO wet!
I went a bit over my cals yesterday but still had a deficit. G left for his pool comp & the power went out & didn't come back on for over an hour. I had an ice cream & then some chocolate. Once I have something sweet at night I just want something more. It's not a good idea. I'm gradually whittling down our sweets, but really need to get some more fruit. All I have left are apples.

She's brilliant & gorgeous & I love that song.

It's a really good song, Liza. Paul Kelly has written some great songs & stands up for indigenous rights.
The indoor exercise hasn't happened yet as I have been getting out in the cold & rain & even taking my dressing gown off inside is daunting. What a winter we are having! SO wet!
I went a bit over my cals yesterday but still had a deficit. G left for his pool comp & the power went out & didn't come back on for over an hour. I had an ice cream & then some chocolate. Once I have something sweet at night I just want something more. It's not a good idea. I'm gradually whittling down our sweets, but really need to get some more fruit. All I have left are apples.

Totally know what you mean about it being hard to stop after some sweets. And I want them sooo much after dinner. Do you manage to feel content with fruit sometimes instead? I keep thinking some really sweet types of fruit should hit the spot.

Fruit definitely satisfies my sweets cravings & I actually prefer fruit. Today I bought purple pears, mandarins, bananas, oranges, red seedless grapes, some more Fuji apples & a whole pineapple. Yes!

Yay for good fruit! I was thinking if apple is all you have left a nice cinnamony compote would be nice for a change as well. But I see you've got plenty of choice again :D

Checked out a few tunes by Paul Kelly and Teskey Brothers. I liked both so far. Paul Kelly is a story teller. I like that. Teskey Bothers remind me of a lot of classic soul/blues type stuff and I'm a big fan of the blues. Thanks for the tip!

Local artist to me, but nationally known (maybe internationally?), check out Ray Lamontagne. I think his style and voice might be right up your alley. The band my kids sent us to see is a band named the Tedeschi Trucks band. Susan Tedeschi has this great soulful, bluesy voice and she's married to Derek Trucks who is otherworldly on a guitar. They travel with like 10 musicians on stage including sax, brass etc. They both had solo careers before joining up as a band (natural progression for a couple, I suppose).

Checked out a few tunes by Paul Kelly and Teskey Brothers. I liked both so far. Paul Kelly is a story teller. I like that. Teskey Bothers remind me of a lot of classic soul/blues type stuff and I'm a big fan of the blues. Thanks for the tip!

Local artist to me, but nationally known (maybe internationally?), check out Ray Lamontagne. I think his style and voice might be right up your alley. The band my kids sent us to see is a band named the Tedeschi Trucks band. Susan Tedeschi has this great soulful, bluesy voice and she's married to Derek Trucks who is otherworldly on a guitar. They travel with like 10 musicians on stage including sax, brass etc. They both had solo careers before joining up as a band (natural progression for a couple, I suppose).
The show was absolutely fantastic. I think it was one of the best we have been to. I will have a listen to Ray Lamontagne & the Tedeschi Trucks band some time in the next week, TDT. Life is so much better with music. After the show, we saw one of the band members outside & chatted with him. My husband, G, told him how much we loved his duet with Martha Wainwright & he told us he couldn't believe it was happening at the time & it was a "pinch me" moment. I said I had recommended it to someone in the US on a forum & he looked surprised & asked our names. It was such a wonderful night. Another band member had connected with G's enjoyment of the show I think & came back onstage after their encore, picked up his playlist & brought it over to G.
Wow nice variety on the fruit Cate!
And nice job getting outside despite the weather!
Thanks, Liza. Sometimes it's really hard to push ourselves out the door, but it almost always is well worth it. :grouphug:

Wow, that sounds fantastic! I'm glad you two had such a good time. I agree 100%. Life is better with music. It's a coping mechanism, escape, background, memories and just plain enjoyment for so much of my life. People ask me what kind of music I listen to and I truly can't answer the question, because there is something to like in virtually every kind of music out there. My tastes literally are all over the map. I find the style much more dependent on what mood I'm in than anything else. My only requirement is that the people making the music know what they are doing and can "feel" what they are putting out. If its genuine, then the feeling will come through.

Thanks, TDT, LaMa & Liza. It really was a wonderful night out. The connections with the band, seeing their enjoyment of the night & their love of the music & one another made for a truly enjoyable experience. I think you can tell when musicians are authentic. Being unable to play live for so long & then being able to was obviously joyful for them.
G talked me into going into town yesterday & I got a haircut, which feels great. I'm suffering a little today from the double whammy of a night out & the day in town with all the perfumes, but a couple of days at home should fix that. I got a short razor cut.
Cals yesterday were 1,377 with a 296 deficit. I didn't get much walking in yesterday, but Arch & G sure did!

Thanks, LaMa. I suck on particular lozenges that reduce my reaction to fragrance so I don’t notice so much at the time. I’m feeling ok, but a bit short of breath. I still went for a 2.5 km hilly walk with Arch.

Thanks, Liza. I spoke too soon. I feel a bit under the weather this morning. I probably won’t get around all the diaries as my eyes are stinging.

I got better as the day went on. I managed to squeeze a walk in between downpours.
Today is the last day of July & I can proudly say I have not had even one sip of wine.
We will probably share a bottle of red wine tomorrow evening but I have kicked the habit of having wine every day. I did an order yesterday & have more no alcohol wine coming :)

Well Done !

Back