Calling everyone from the UK

Hello everyone:),
I'm another Brit - from London. I just joined this forum about a month ago and it's fantastic - much better than Weight Watchers, in my opinion, but then I never really got on with counting points.
It's nice to see so many other Brits here, too. How did you all arrive at this place? I got here because I didn't want to join an organisation and follow their specific diet, but I really want to talk to other people facing the same issues. So far it's working well. I've already lost a stone and I'm not feeling irritable and aggrieved at all! :D
:lurk5:

I'm from lancashire.

Not new here, but been on a ...break shall we call it.

hey good to have you back here after you 'break'.
have a good day

;-)

x

I'm another Brit - from London. I just joined this forum about a month ago and it's fantastic - much better than Weight Watchers, in my opinion, but then I never really got on with counting points.
It's nice to see so many other Brits here, too. How did you all arrive at this place? I got here because I didn't want to join an organisation and follow their specific diet, but I really want to talk to other people facing the same issues. So far it's working well. I've already lost a stone and I'm not feeling irritable and aggrieved at all! :D

hey popcorn! i joined the forum just by accident. i was googling randomly and came acrosss it...though there was a lot of good advice for someone like me who is quite clueless lol...so here i am hehe. i couldnt cope with weightwatchers i dont think. for one my diet is different everyday. i dont think ive ate the same things twice and i just couldnt cope with finding points and counting them.

good job on losing the stone!!! :hurray: can't wait till i can say that!

have a good day

;-)

x

Hey Popcorn you are doing really well....I think I picked up on your London thread...then ended up here.

We love Cornwall...we were lucky enough to re locate here 8 yrs ago....we came here on holiday for 12yrs plus & decided when we could we would...and we did!!

My weight loss has steadied out now at around 1lb a week. I'm happy with that and I think I have a routine I can keep to longterm.

Thought I'd join in on the Brit-isms :] Hullo! Another person from the Midlands, and I'm definitely envious of anyone lucky enough to live in Cornwall xP We're planning a weekend trip to the south, though we're still undecided whether we want accommodation or if we'll rough it with a tent.

Haha, I used to get confused with the pounds, but definitely prefer working in stone. The numbers look nicer (aka smaller) working in stones than having a number in the hundreds.

hi, another newbie from the midlands here. just joined the site n lookin for other people going thro this so we can chat together. im dieting using 1200 calories at min and havin a fair bit of success but worried bout the saggy skin after ive done...best exercises anyone?? lol have a gd weekend :seeya:

hi, another newbie from the midlands here. just joined the site n lookin for other people going thro this so we can chat together. im dieting using 1200 calories at min and havin a fair bit of success but worried bout the saggy skin after ive done...best exercises anyone?? lol have a gd weekend :seeya:

hey good to have you with us shelley!

look at stickied threads for excercises. i do cardio and weights and general body workout.

x

I think that you would be better off eating more than 1200 calories. It can be counterproductive to eat too few calories.

What are you doing specifically to help your skin while losing weight?

HI!!!

i'm from the uk... brilliant place it is... if a little cold. hehe I'm currently in Suffolk... Just wanted to pop in and say hi really... Only just found this forum :D

Hi Pinky

Had you forgotten where the forum was - I see that you have been a member for quite a long time.

Welcome - or possibly "Welcome back".

I've been an on and off member now for a long time... I'd use this forum for a lot and then something would kick off in my life and i'd forget about it... only to return once again. So yeah... its a welcome back for me! haha

Actually thats one of the things i LOVE about this place... is that it doesnt matter how long you have been away, you will always find loads of helpful information and pictures to keep you inspired. :D

I've been an on and off member now for a long time... I'd use this forum for a lot and then something would kick off in my life and i'd forget about it... only to return once again. So yeah... its a welcome back for me! haha

Actually thats one of the things i LOVE about this place... is that it doesnt matter how long you have been away, you will always find loads of helpful information and pictures to keep you inspired. :D

hey welcome back Pinky!!

good to have you here!

have a great week.

x

:waving:

I'm FROM the U.K (Glasgow, Scotland) but, no longer live there. Now living in the U.S.

hey Joey! Haven't 'spoken' to you in a while. i know you are nearly back in the 140s congrats! :hurray:

btw...did anyone feel that earthquake last night?!

x

Welcome back Pinky (well, welcome back :]) and Joey! Hope you're doing well! I've just started the Slimming World eating programme, which is starting off well (even though it's a bit confusing at the moment, lol).

Back