Brag on

Stumbled on this thread. What can I brag about??

How about the fact that a year ago this time, I was a freaking mess haha. Totally sedentary with horrid sleeping and eating habits.

Now, 8 months and sixty-five some odd pounds later my point of view has TOTALLY changed. I eat cleaner, and made the gym an actual priority; I started to take care of myself.

Even though im not even halfway to my end goal, I am so much happier that i'm not stuck in that self-loathing state I used to be.

Slowly, week by week, month by month, ive been improving myself to crawl out of that black hole I created. Now, I know what I gotta do, and its all lining up!

Last edited:
I lost 4 pounds this week :D
I started up running again :D
I didn't give into my extreme chocolate craving last night!

Ive lost 10 lbs these past two weeks and i now fit into my old size 36 pants again! i used to be purely size 38 for a long while. I so happy to see this improvement. Im aiming for a size 34 if not 32...

I have stuck to my diet plan and have lost 2.2 pounds in 3 days :) i also have managed to resist the urge to pig out on junk food and fast food.

1lb away from 100lbs total lost, itching to lose that final pound to this landmark (although many more to go before goal :p)

Lost 4 lbs this week AND im happy eating the stuff i eat, which is the fun part. I eat plenty of Lean Cuisine products whenever i have pizza cravings or other.
And i said NO to a chinese food temptation last night.

I went to the gym today even though I didn't plan on it

I have not been able to beat a time of a mile in 10 minutes on the elliptical and was barely averaging 6.3 miles in 65 minutes ... today I smashed it too the ground...

I hit 6 miles in 57 minutes 20 seconds... average of 9.5 min/mile
I burned 840 calories in 65 minutes
I got up to 255 strides per minute
I was at resistance 7
I didn't stop once, I kept pushing my body as hard as it would go

:D AMAZING day at the gym, and I felt like I could have kept going but figured 65 minutes was enough for the day. SO HAPPY!

That's awesome shawnnam! Inspiration for me to kick butt tonight!

I had a great day yesterday. 1.5 hours of biking, Biggest Loser Last Chance, and Jillian Micheals kickboxing. The only reason I hit pause was to wipe sweat out of my eyes (and ears :smilielol5:!)

Well i started at 365, and over 50% BF, now im currently at 250, 16% BF and trying a Keto Diet, so far so good, im a whole new person since i posted for the first time in this forum.im also a 3 round vet of P90x, and 1 round of Insanity!!

I remarried to a beautiful woman, im in GREAT shape, and very very satisfied with my overall progress, im just posting this so all of you guys know it can be done.... It takes work and dedication, but once you make it a habit its EASY!! Basically part of your normal life!!!!!

Thanks a lot for each and every one of you who helped me through this journey, still a lot to go (under 10% BF its my main goal), but im on track now thanks in part to this forum!!

God Bless!!!

woop. 111 pounds lost in total now! AND I got my bum pinched in the club last night ;)

Last edited:
For the first time in years I seem to be in control of my eating.
Congrats to everybody else on their achievements

I'm at 179 from 243.

I've been eating really well. Or at least, I think so. My bum is more shapely and my stomach is a lot smaller. Well, my whole body is, but still.

I know this is late, but AnrBjotk congrats! That's amazing! (Whats your secret? haha)

Anyway, this may seem small, but I've managed to start back to school and living with my boy WITHOUT gaining weight. This is a big deal! Haha. I'm actually losing! And for the first time I'm doing workouts without having to force myself and eating healthy without it being torture. I feel for the first time that I am finally in control of my eating and exercise habits. Feels amazing if I'm honest! :)

Can't wait to post here with more weight loss brags! Haha.

I lost a fair amount of weight through basically changing my diet.

If you are interested in exactly how I did this, you can read my story on the website how-to-lose-weight.me

All the best

Peter

I had to go to Cheesecake Factory for the boy's birthday. So, I'm sure many of you know, that that place is a calorie powerhouse. I looked up the nutrition info and there is almost nothing under 1,000 calories on the menu, with most things up towards 2,000. For 1 dish. Not including sides or drinks. So I found that the potstickers were only 377 calories. And I ordered them. And I only ate 4. And then had a couple bites of cheesecake. But it was Reese's cheesecake which is only my favorite. So I feel really proud. That night could have done a lot of damage, but i managed to keep myself on track.

^good job! Eating out can be difficult for some people, so good on you.

Lost 2 pounds in week 1, awesome.

Back