Brag on

When I first joined this forum I was overweight and generally inactive but on the weekend after much training and hard work

I am Australian National Bench Press Champion in the female 90 kg Division

I weighed in a full 4kg under the weight limit on the competition scales.

When I first joined this forum I was overweight and generally inactive but on the weekend after much training and hard work

Excellent! Well done!

That is brilliant. Very well done.

Amazing!! Congratulations!!!

I know it doesn't seem much to brag about, but I handled my first spinning class from start to finish like the big boys, without getting tired! all after months and months of not doing anything for my body. I've also been eating healthy and I am loving it! :D

I dropped 2 stone (28lbs) between January and April this year! I've since put 3lbs back on, but I've started my regime up again and I've pledged to lose another 26lbs! Here's a bizarre before/after photo for you - I guess I'm just not that photogenic...

beforeafter.jpg

Ok in the spirit of internet instant gratification... I just signed up here and wanted to get straight to bragging that I have not only stuck to eating properly and training for three whole weeks (a miracle in itself really), but I have also lost 9 lbs. I only have another 10 or so to go but I finally feel like I'm in control of my body and mind again instead of being totally out of control, miserable and heavy.

I'm starting to think that my days of yoyo diets and binges are gone forever. Wow.

I'm enjoying reading all about the good news and progress here!

I got tested by UK Biobank yesterday (government funded project to provide data for medical research). They found that my body fat percent is now 21.7% and they said that was good for a 50 year old woman (as I am).

I got tested by UK Biobank yesterday (government funded project to provide data for medical research). They found that my body fat percent is now 21.7% and they said that was good for a 50 year old woman (as I am).
Nicely done!

Me, I just ran (well, jogged) 5k! Longest jog I've ever done in terms of both distance and duration :)

Thanks FLG.

You did great to jog - never mind that distance. I can walk fast and I can do aerobics - but I havent even tried to jog or run yet. 5k is quite some distance too. Great weight loss too! I love checking people's tickers...

i'll brag! last week i ran 15 miles, this week i'm doing 20 miles (i hope, i still have tomorrow and i am at 15.5 miles) which is me running 5miles 2.5 miles, 5 miles, and 3 miles today! 20.5 miles here i come!

hey hey I wanna brag too!

I have lost 32 kgs/64 lbs in last 8 months. I am very very happy hehe and keep looking for people to brag abt it! my goal weight however is to lose 30kgs more so am just midway.

but it sure feels good to brag abt ittt :rant::rant:

Well I am really pleased with myself - I have lost 25lb in 13 weeks - but I think the biggest acheivement has been going to the gym 6 days a week - starting at 5 minutes on the exercise bike - and now do 45 cardio and 20 resistance training, plus tennis twice a week and a desert walk once a week..... so woohoo for me

Good job, Beth.

Keep it up!

Back