Big T & MMW: To Keep Lean & Stay Mean ;)

Is it me or has the site been down today?

Workout Today: Chest/Biceps

Flat DB Press
1x6 (176lbs) -3
1x10 (143lbs) -8
1x8 (154lbs) -6

Incline BB Press
1x6 (154lbs) -2.5ish....LOL
1x10 (132lbs) -7
1x14 (110lbs) -12

Standing Cable Flys
1x12 (level 3)
1x8 (level 5)
1x12 (level 3)

BW Pushups & Dips
Did like 3 random sets of each throughout the workout.

Seated DB Curls
1x8 (33lbs)
2x10 (27.5lbs)

Neutral Grip Cable Curls
3x10

Well played. I'm gonna catch up with you on flat DB pressing eventually...!

Good to see the sheep man is still working out despite injury.

Well played. I'm gonna catch up with you on flat DB pressing eventually...!

Cheers MMW, but im sure if on your very first set, you'd be able to press some 88lb DB's for 3 reps. As much as i hate to admitt it, i think your the slightly better presser ATM. As i say though....ATM ;)

Cheers MMW, but im sure if on your very first set, you'd be able to press some 88lb DB's for 3 reps. As much as i hate to admitt it, i think your the slightly better presser ATM. As i say though....ATM ;)

Haha! You trickster...maybe you're right. I shall try next week perhaps. Today I have my heart set on BB flat bench, I think I have done 175 for a set, gonna try to get several sets out of it.

ATM huh? I'm gonna leave you miles behind mofo!

Its my back and knees, i cant wait to get this Glucosamine and see its affects. It just affects my lower body workouts! Which is bad news!

Your a Yeti.

I'll be curious to see if it helps at all. My bro just got diagnosed with "snapping hip syndrome"...I thought he was joking, but it's real and in some cases it can hurt like a bitch. He's getting some glucosamine and I've told him to get his ass in the gym.

The man in me will do, nearly any task, and as for compensation, there's a little he would ask...takes a woman like you, to get through...to the man in me.

Went out last night, trained before though ;) Calorie intake must of been low yesterday (daytime anyway) must of been in the 1k's, i forgot to pack food for work! Although all the drinking last night will have added another 2-3K on im sure of it :D

Almost got a f**k, pulled a lass and we were walking around for a hotel for agesssss and everyone we went to was fully booked! So in the end her mate got pissed off and they went home LOL, was guttered man!

Yesterdays Workout Included: Back/triceps

Pullups
Wide 2x5 Spotted
Close & Neutral 2x5 Spotted

Lat Pulldowns
1x10
1x8
1x4 DS 1xfailure

Was a different rack, wasnt sure what the weight increments were.

Seated Machine Rows
1x10 (132lbs)
1x10 (176lbs) -7
1x4 (220lbs) DS to 1x10 (132lbs)

DB BOR's
1x6 (88lbs) Spotted
2x10 (61.5lbs)

Was f**ked when it came to these! My joints hurt a bit aswel hmmmm.

Skull Crushers
3x12 (66lbs)

DB OH Tricep Extensions
3x10

Also my Glucosamine came yesterday, so im taking 3 a day which works out as a 30 day trial. So will be able to test if it helps.

Iv just come back from a run, wasnt much. Its the start of our cardio again :D
Were both wanting bikes aswell, so next pay day i might get a cheap bike.

Today We:
-Ran Half mile.

-2 Uphill Sprints, then some people were walking near us, and im sorry but i feel a f**king idiot running up and down a hill LOL. So we stopped.

-Next we ran back to our usual starting point, but i sprinted it, about 150m id say it was. I havent run like that in ages, my lungs were hurting after LOL Felt good to do it though.

-Finally we just finished with another half mile run.

This was just so were can ease ourselves back into it. The good point was, no pains in any joints what so ever :D Also Im praying that i can finally say iv started MMA training tomorrow :D Fingers f**king crossed.

All hotels were booked eh? Why not just take her to your place? Too bad you had to bang your hand...:D

Nice workout man, you can do a lot of weight on the seated row...I can usually do a few sets of 160 for 5 reps...hard ****. Good job.

Okay, so 30 days of the glucosamine, we shall see how you do, I'm hoping it helps for ya. Good idea on the bike, I rode my bike like a mofo all summer with my friends and brother, love it. Even better high as ****. :)

Do the MMA tomorrow! The only way you get stopped tomorrow is if aliens invade overnight.

My workout yesterday was brief but good.

Flat BB Bench
1 x 5 @ 155
1 x 5 @ 175
1 x 4 @ 185
2 x 5 @ 175
1 x 4 @ 175
1 x 6 @ 155
1 x 12 @ 135

****load of volume, was trashed, did 185 4 times!!!! Never before, and now my "working sets" are 175 instead of 165...movin up.

Pullups
2 x 4 w/ 10 lbs
2 x 3 w/ 10 lbs
2 x 4 @ BW

Fun to do em with weight...hopefully that will make me progress on days I only do BW.

OH Squats
1 x 10 @ 25
1 x 10 @ 45
1 x 10 @ 55

Been wanting to get into these...they are awkward and hard as ****, but I kinda got used to them even after just the first set. I could feel pulling and stretching in my arms and back that I've never felt before...I'm gonna get better at these...damn!

F**k me your seeing some good improvement. That pressing destroys mine.

Pullups also destroy mine!

Training seems to be going well for you, im pleased and jealous for you :D

Are you consistant with diet and that MMW? Also if you can will you post up an average daily diet?

And yea, lol, only aliens could stop me doing the MMA! :D

Well......finally got there! About f**king time. There were only me and my 2 mates there! With the trainer and one of his partners. But soon it will be all fully booked, and will be a lot more people.

Well first of all its based at a professional Rugby club, and its got some good facilities. The main room for wrestling etc, is padded absoloutly everywhere so you can do what the f**k you wanna! Theres a decent gym aswell that he showed us. Outside he has huge tyres and he says hes planning on getting bigger ones, theres also some logs. In the gym itself theres ropes to climb up, monkey bars, f**king everything.

Each session he says will be different, like sometimes we maybe in the gym for a while, followed by some boxing. Other times it could be wrestling followed by some sort of circuit. He was telling us so much sh1t that i cant remember half of it.

He's jus started training a professional UFC fighter, after he's just lost his first fight. He trains the rugby team in terms of lifting and strength training. Also he trains a fighter who Presses 176lb DBs above his head! To me thats hulk strength man!

So anyway today was more talking and showing us around, but we did start on some things.

First we started basics in Equido (dont know about spelling), its just basically finding ways to get people off balance and putting them to the ground. He showed us a few locks aswell. Cant really remember much!

Then we just did a bit of boxing, using the pads and gloves just practicing combo's etc. That was it, nothing tiring.

Cant wait to get proper into it, there's so many things he does. Hes been down for 2 years himself for knocking the f**k outta people. But he seems like he knows what he's doing.

A problem from my point is my knees are not feeling good at all.

EDIT: Oh and also, he says he teaches a lot of olympic lifts as he trains a lot of people for strength. So ill be learning some of those, the proper way. He said he had some new lads come over from another rugby club and their deadlifting form was pathetic to say they were in the academy. So at least ill be able to learn some good form. He also has some good routines wrote out he said.

Last edited:
F**k me your seeing some good improvement. That pressing destroys mine.

Pullups also destroy mine!

Training seems to be going well for you, im pleased and jealous for you :D

Are you consistant with diet and that MMW? Also if you can will you post up an average daily diet?

And yea, lol, only aliens could stop me doing the MMA! :D

Hahah, don't be jealous man, you put up some beastly numbers of your own! I'm always very consistent with diet on weekdays, on weekends I loosen up and eat what I want within reasonable limit, still trying to get about 3,200 cals in no matter what. Even on weekdays, sometimes I'll make something killer to have for dinner.

Meal 1:
75 grams oats
25 grams flax seeds
2 scoops whey
12 ox. whole milk
885 cals

Meal 2:
1 cup rice
3 oz. chicken
1 cup carrots
2 tbsp. PB
590 cals

Meal 3:
1 cup rice
3 oz. chicken
1 banana
1.5 oz. cheese
1 cup cucumber
620 cals

Meal 4: (workout days)
72 grams dextrose
1 scoop whey
390 cals

Meal 4: (non-workout days)
1 apple
handful raisins
1 scoop whey
330 cals

Meal 5:
4 jumbo eggs
2 tbsp. PB
1 turkey sausage
12 oz. whole milk
820 cals

So that comes out to 3,305 cals on workout days, and 3,245 cals on non-workout days. It has been working well...should have to add another 100 cals one or two more times before I am too chunky to go any further...hah.

Well......finally got there! About f**king time. There were only me and my 2 mates there! With the trainer and one of his partners. But soon it will be all fully booked, and will be a lot more people.

Well first of all its based at a professional Rugby club, and its got some good facilities. The main room for wrestling etc, is padded absoloutly everywhere so you can do what the f**k you wanna! Theres a decent gym aswell that he showed us. Outside he has huge tyres and he says hes planning on getting bigger ones, theres also some logs. In the gym itself theres ropes to climb up, monkey bars, f**king everything.

Each session he says will be different, like sometimes we maybe in the gym for a while, followed by some boxing. Other times it could be wrestling followed by some sort of circuit. He was telling us so much sh1t that i cant remember half of it.

He's jus started training a professional UFC fighter, after he's just lost his first fight. He trains the rugby team in terms of lifting and strength training. Also he trains a fighter who Presses 176lb DBs above his head! To me thats hulk strength man!

So anyway today was more talking and showing us around, but we did start on some things.

First we started basics in Equido (dont know about spelling), its just basically finding ways to get people off balance and putting them to the ground. He showed us a few locks aswell. Cant really remember much!

Then we just did a bit of boxing, using the pads and gloves just practicing combo's etc. That was it, nothing tiring.

Cant wait to get proper into it, there's so many things he does. Hes been down for 2 years himself for knocking the f**k outta people. But he seems like he knows what he's doing.

A problem from my point is my knees are not feeling good at all.

EDIT: Oh and also, he says he teaches a lot of olympic lifts as he trains a lot of people for strength. So ill be learning some of those, the proper way. He said he had some new lads come over from another rugby club and their deadlifting form was pathetic to say they were in the academy. So at least ill be able to learn some good form. He also has some good routines wrote out he said.

Awesome dude, bout f**king time is right, haha! No but really, glad you got there and got to feel it out. Sounds like a cool place, especially that padded room, that sounds freaking awesome.

Also good news about getting some form help on lifts, that could be some invaluable ****! So you are going again next Sunday?

Sh1t, your diet is measured to perfection! Mines nothing like measure, id jus aim to throw loads of protein down me and thats me done LOL.

Yea ill be there next Sunday.

My knees are so f**ked. Every movement i do such as getting off the f**king toilet seat aggrevates them. Even stepping off curbs etc does.

Sh1t, your diet is measured to perfection! Mines nothing like measure, id jus aim to throw loads of protein down me and thats me done LOL.

Yea ill be there next Sunday.

My knees are so f**ked. Every movement i do such as getting off the f**king toilet seat aggrevates them. Even stepping off curbs etc does.

Yessir, I gotta measure my stuff exactly, otherwise I could never eat enough or I'd eat wayyy too much.

**** man, knee pain getting off the crapper and off curbs? That sounds bad...and if it were muscle soreness, seems like you would make noticeable healing after just a few days.

Ballz, I dunno why but I just didn't feel quite right today.

Squats
1 x 5 @ 135
1 x 5 @ 185
1 x 5 @ 205

OH Squat
1 x 6 @ 45
1 x 6 @ 65
1 x 4 @ 85
1 x 6 @ 65

These are hard as hell.

BB BORs
1 x 5 @ 115
1 x 5 @ 135
1 x 5 @ 155
2 x 5 @ 145
2 x 5 @ 135

Inc. DB Press
1 x 5 @ 110
1 x 5 @ 130
1 x 4 @ 150
1 x 5 @ 140
1 x 4 @ 140

Didn't really make any advancements, even after 2 days off...****ty day, even at work.

Well MMW's you get them days dont ya when your just not on your game. At least you still worked out.

Right today, knees feel worse than ever. However iv got a physio session booked for tomorrow at the gym so hopefully i should know more then.

Todays Session Included:

Seated DB OH Press
1x6 (132lbs) - 3
1x9 (110lbs) - 7
1x10 (99lbs) - 8

BB Upright Rows >>SS>> BB Mili Press
2x8 on both (88lbs)
1x10 on both (77lbs)

DB Arm Raises
1x10 (12lbs)
2x10 (15lbs)

Shrugs
1x15 (154lbs)
2x10 (198lbs)

They are easy but i darent put any more weight on my knees.

Seated DB Curls
1x10 (27.5lbs)
1x6 spotted (38.5lbs)
1x10 (27.5lbs)

One arm Cable Curls
3x10

Well i couldnt really press as much as i should have because of my knees. Even the seated pressing, i usually use my feet to drive the force into the ground but i couldnt do it today so i couldnt lift as much.

So for now it looks like ill be doing 4x weekly lifting on just upper body. I think ill be able to train calfs (seated calf raises) as these wont affect my knees. But is there any point?

I hope i hear tomorrow (''youll be fine after a couple of weeks of rest'') or something like that. I hope its that simple.

Also i weighed myself again just to make sure im not putting weight on. Im still 227lbs which im not suprised since i cannot do any cardio what so ever as it just aggrevates the knees.

I just hate the days when I go the gym and its like I already know I'm gonna do crappy.

Good luck with the doc tomorrow, I sincerely hope you get some good news man. Nice lifts on some of that stuff anyways, at least you are still in there doing your thing! In the meantime, I wouldn't do anything that irritates your knees in the least.

Back