bluehats diary

Wow they are still hard! It's been 8 hours on low and nearly 3 hours on high. After 2 nights soaking. Looks like I will be leaving them on all night and hoping they will be softer in the morning. But the recipe I used said 1 pound of dry beans unsoaked. Did I somehow misunderstand? Cause I even soaked them.

Last edited:
Well the weight was bad and I have decided how to absolutely make sure it will never climb.
No one would agree it's a good method but I have to make sure it doesn't go up.

So my soup was awful when I checked it this morning. I ended up having to add food resources to it that was unexpected so a bad experience now as the food added was not for the soup. So not a good plan for me to cook homemade foods. It's always too expensive. But I got 5 meals out of it anyway.

Very much cheek and jaw pain. Idk how to do a liquid way of eating. Pureed just doesn't cut it. Can anyone help.

Very much cheek and jaw pain. Idk how to do a liquid way of eating. Pureed just doesn't cut it. Can anyone help.
No ideas. sorry.
(have you looked around to see if there are any ideas online for eating without teeth?)

Last edited:
No ideas. sorry.
(have you looked around to see if there are any ideas online for eating without teeth?)
Yes. I can't seem to find enough variety enough different things.
There isn't really alot to make up.
Like 1 cup of fruit juice. 1 cup of protein drink. I hate vegetable juice so idk how to do that 1. And idk what to put in the 4th cup. A cup of hot chocolate?
So I'm basically missing 2 cups.

So today it's 1 cup fried eggs (4 eggs)
1 cup canned pasta
1 cup squash soup
1 cup mint hot chocolate

Idk the calories on all that but I'm only counting the 4 cups.
4 cups is the minimum I've read in cup food plans. So I guess that's the best I can do. And hopefully get the cups as pain free as I can.
The only thing wrong is that I can't seem to get it to be 1500 mg sodium or less. I obviously suck at homemade versions of soup so idk.

So something new to say. And I'm kind of excited to have a goal.
My closest family member wants to do a "who can lose the most weight by sept".
So my 4 cups still fits anyway but now I have another reason to try 4 cups. We are NOT counting vegetables. Nor picking unreasonable calories or exercise. They are choosing a calorie amount that drs say is OK. And my 4 cups should work out to 1300. If not I can add a cup. Because even tho I am counting cups I always roughly count their calories.
Idk if they have an advantage over me being nearly 30 years younger in age but I also take a diabetes med. that suppresses appetite (i wish!!) as a side effect. I use ryebelsus-- the pill form of ozempic. So maybe it equals out the huge age difference hence the better metabolism?
I'm not sure about my exercise yet. Now being off the leg pain causing med maybe I can walk around the block or dance to a few songs. I really hope so cause the exercise improves my mood.
So we take our weight in the morning. Wish me luck.

So tomorrow is a week.
Weigh day.
Not expecting much. But that's just a defense.? If you don't expect much you don't get disappointed.

Well it's up 2 pounds.
I hate blaming other things but I went back on that hunger causing weight gaining med.
Not sure how I feel about the weight being up. Mostly bad and negative. So I'm refraining from voicing all the bad thoughts here.
I have done 2 songs twice anyway. Two different days.

Keeping on with the songs sounds good to me! I can imagine regaining a couple of pounds would be disappointing, but good for you staying focused on the positive.

So an update.
Too early for weight. Thursday is that day.
But I'm on 4 songs now. And not counting veggies gives me free cups. Yay.
I hope that's not why the 2 pound gain.
It's rare anyway as I rarely find any on the reduced rack.

Nice one on getting up to 4 songs! Dance and music is so uplifting!
Sounds smart to not include the veggies in your cup count--good healthy food with so few calories.

do you have any song favorites Bluehat?

Back