Weight-Loss Be kind to yourself every day, starting now.......

Weight-Loss
Rob a good red would look good ! Lol .
Been good to myself last couple of days although I worked hard too . Try to keep it going everyone

Today I am going to stay at home instead of going to town shopping as I had very little sleep last night & feel really tired now. A peaceful, quiet day at home recovering is needed much more than a day shopping for clothes & looking at phones & phone plans. I'm nurturing myself today.

That's a lovely story, of your niece under the table, Rob!
I was very good to myself getting out and about over the weekend - got a bit tired doing it, but that's no bad thing!
Your quiet, nurturing day today sounds really good, Cate - just breathing in the peacefulness.
I'm still working with the words from before - This is a great body, and I’m going to treat it right! - but I'm also going to take some of lunchtime today to dance like no-one's watching (because no-one will be).

Cate hope that day went well. And Amy hope your dance did too. Not sure what I will do today but I have work to do at home. Maybe a half hour later to read.

A nice thing I do for myself is to build a fire in the stove and get my office/mancave really warm. The colder the weather the better. Built one tonight and it felt great.

I have spent today at home as well but threw myself into some Spring cleaning. I have sorted out another big bag of stuff to go to the charity shop- mostly sheets. After visiting my SIL & BIL the other day & seeing how much stuff they have I really felt like making our home more minimalistic.
I must take myself out of the house tomorrow & do something nice as it's our wedding anniversary & I don't want to spend it at home on my own.
I'll try again to ring my friend, V. She hasn't been answering. I hope she's ok. I thought I would take her out to lunch.

Sounds like a good plan Cate . Also you answered my question your in laws have too much stuff !
I’m struggling to find time for myself a bit at the moment . Must make more effort

The dancing was terrific! :D It felt good at the time, and since no-one was watching I could do all sorts of things I wouldn't be game to do on a dance floor (like limbo-esque things) and not only did it feel good at the time, my body felt good afterwards - warm and glowing, like Rob with his cosy fire!
I'll try again to ring my friend, V.... I thought I would take her out to lunch.
That sounds a great idea, Cate - somewhere really flash, with exquisite food! :) I'm sure you and she both deserve exquisite!
Did you get the half-hour to read, Petal? I'm guessing not, from what you said about needing to find time for yourself. :( It's really hard to undo the put-yourself-last frame of mind - it has very deep roots. Hugs, and solidarity for this struggle!

The dancing sounds great Amy .
I actually watched some Netflix and I have very little to do this eve as it happens so I will relax a bit more I think . I could find some work to do but I think it’s down time for a couple of hours .

Your dancing sounds really good, Amy. I like your new signature :)
Petal- downtime for a couple of hours instead of work. That's being kind to yourself.
I haven't been able to catch up with V. I think she may be away, perhaps visiting her daughter.

I have half an hour to myself again now - so I'm going to dance again - oh, and moisturise. :)
Thanks, Cate, about the signature.
I'm glad you got some time to relax with Netflix, Petal. Well done on seizing the downtime as well.

I let myself not go out into the blizzard today, and not feel (very any) guilty about it.

I also let myself not dance! That's an easy one.

Instead of "woe is me" on our wedding anniversary(with me being solo) I gave myself a pedicure, moisturised, wore some bright clothes & got out and about. I headed up the NW coast of Tassie & wandered around the town of Ulverstone. I dropped into V's place but she wasn't at home. I shopped at the lovely providores on the way home, called into the fishmongers & bought myself a dozen fresh oysters, which I just consumed at 4 pm (very late lunch!) with a glass of bubbly. I sang along the way. I also called into one of our local cheese places & bought some of their parmesan offcuts to freeze & caught up with an old friend (much younger than me) & she is about to have part of her bowel removed & will be home for a whole month & suggested a visit would be nice. I said that I would for sure. We have hardly seen one another in the last 10 years. I'll fix that.

Glad you did all that Cate and didn't focus on woe is me. You have a great relationship and you are very lucky . Hope your friend is ok and just visiting as you say. Nice to catch up with old friends too.
Amy well done more dancing ! And Rob well done on not dancing lol .

I feel like dancing now . I ended up spending a nice evening online shopping for my nieces and nephews for Christmas and also browsing for gifts for my sister and sister in law . Chatted with a friend via email also so thst was really nice.

I really liked the dancing, and the glow I felt afterwards - but maybe I was a bit more energetic than my knee expected - oops! So today I'm being kind to myself via the Alligator method - i.e. not dancing. :)
And here's a pledge for self-care for tonight - to shut down this screen at least two hours before bedtime, in the interests of better sleep! Paper books for the win!

Amy screen time is a killer .i had weaned off of it but kind of back a little bit too much again . But managing it ok . I have however cut back on messaging and email with people . It’s so so time consuming .

I'll be reading my paper book as well tonight: I promised myself that if I can finish it before Sunday I get to buy Bill Bryson's latest for the flight back. I couldn't believe he did a commentary for the Roman Baths audio guide!

I just ordered Bill Bryson's new book from the library. Thanks, LaMa. It sounds really interesting.
I weighed myself this morning & expected a gain & steeled myself for it. I was kind to myself & did not berate myself or call myself a fatty.
As of this moment I am going to nurture my body, concentrate on losing weight again & exercise more. My body deserves that.

"Life isn't Always a Bowl of Cherries"...

IMG_6311.jpg

a good day to celebrate the color orange.
recently it's been getting a lot of disrespect through no fault of its own.

Back