Weight-Loss Be kind to yourself every day, starting now.......

Weight-Loss
Did you mean to put this pic in this thread, Flyer?
Are you being kind to the colour orange, which as you say, has been getting a bad rap?

I did not even look at the halloween treats we got. Felt good. We have never had a trick or treater stop at our house, but always get things just in case.

Orange matters!

It's just as well you-all are being kind to orange, because I am just about to eat one! Mwah-ha-ha-ha-ha!
And being kind to myself by signing off for the day, to save my eyes from too much screen! :)

I'm being kind to myself by going back to the hostel before my brain's battery runs out and I turn to stone on the spot like a troll at dawn.

I'm being kind to myself by stopping negative thoughts about myself as soon as they start.

I am being kind to myself by accelerating my retirement schedule.

I told another client today that I would need to stop working on their project soon. This is a funny feeling process, as a consultant I built my business getting as much work as I could, it becomes instinctive. Doing the opposite sure feels funny.

As of this moment I am going to nurture my body, concentrate on losing weight again & exercise more. My body deserves that.
I like this Cate . I am struggling with everything going on in my life and so much is not being done. But I am focusing on my diet plan . I am trying to not let it get to me that I am not keeping on top of house and paperwork. Today I am going to visit a friend and maybe spend 20 mins declutterimg . Can't think beyond that .

I am struggling with everything going on in my life and so much is not being done.
Petal, and Cate, I think this is just the way of the world. Always more that we want to and probably should do than we end up doing. The trick is to be satisfied with what we actually do, and most of the time that's good enough. Easier said than done I know. Be kind to yourself by realizing that what you are doing is pretty good.

Hi all, great thread. I often feel inadequate bc I can’t get everything done I need to or feel I should. It’s taken me a long time to figure out that I need to put certain things first like exercise in order to get more of what needs to be done, done. I have felt selfish about it though. You cannot seem to go wrong with healthful activities including nourishing, resting, exercising your mind and body. It’s easy to forget this in many moments though.

You cannot seem to go wrong with healthful activities including nourishing, resting, exercising your mind and body. It’s easy to forget this in many moments though.
:iagree: & that's what we must do. Our health & well-being is as important as anything else.
Today I am going to go for a long walk, eat healthily & drink more water.

I was thinking that it's about others too. You are helping others around you by being kind to yourself and maintaining your health and well-being. Enjoy your walk and some nourishing food, Cate!

Being kind by getting back to normal eating, without panickingly going into starvation mode - and limiting on-screen time, especially at night.

I´m going to try and be kind to myself by not stressing to get everything perfect. My sister is wonderful and doesn´t want me to wreck myself anyway.

I’m being kind to myself today by taking regular breaks to sit down for a while . We finished up early this eve so had long hot shower And I had cheese on toast for supper as was a long time since I ate my healthy stir fry for lunch . Was mindful about it ( although did feel a bit guilty )
Someone else was kind to me today and sent me flowers as they realised they missed my birthday this year. I was gobsmacked .

maybe not every day, but 'tis the season (almost) to be jolly, right...?

RVB.jpg
i was going to open it on a special occasion, but perhaps we underestimate every day as being special?

2oz / 16 oz of coffee is a little less than the recommended dosage if that's any concession.
it makes a cup of coffee look like Strawberry Quick... :)

Yes, every day is special. :) Care of myself today will be taking half an hour at lunch time to sit quietly in a public garden space, and if I'm brave enough, to sketch a little bit of what I see.

maybe not every day, but 'tis the season (almost) to be jolly, right...?

View attachment 30265
i was going to open it on a special occasion, but perhaps we underestimate every day as being special?

2oz / 16 oz of coffee is a little less than the recommended dosage if that's any concession.
it makes a cup of coffee look like Strawberry Quick... :)

Oh yum . I love Baileys but am partial to the original . I will definitely wait until Xmas though as I could have every night . That would be nice with ice cream . Yum

Amy- sitting in a public garden during lunchtime & enjoying the space sounds lovely. Did you sketch?
Petal- a 20 min power nap? Lovely.
Today I am going to go for a walk & see if I can spot the big echidna again. It will be a quiet restful day as I'm feeling tired after golf yesterday.

Back