Weight-Loss Be kind to yourself every day, starting now.......

Weight-Loss
I just realized I really need this thread. Today I´m being nice to myself by having a delicious-if-light breakfast before going out to brunch instead of going in starving and risking a binge.

That’s really good LaMa and also sounds like your having a lovely day .
Think I will just let the day flow and see what comes . Daughter has study and I have lots of household stuff to do . Will go for a short walk too with my iBook and try get back in that zone too .

This thread helps me to actively think of a way to better look after myself. Today I am going to have lots of fresh fruit & vegetables & also "go with the flow". I need some rest & fresh air, so I think a walk in the bush would be my best medicine.

Today I am going to just take it easy & breathe lots of fresh air. I'll just potter about our home, maybe have a snooze & eat mostly fresh fruit & veggies. I'll squeeze some lemons & limes & drink a lot of water.
Sending out lots of love to everyone & saving some of it for myself :grouphug:

How are we doing for kindness then? I can´t really think of a specific kind thing to do for myself right now. Then again this week someone in my therapy group mentioned not being able to just relax. They couldn´t think of a single thing they enjoyed doing that did not involve doing something for other people/animals :eek: There´s one problem I don´t have! Maybe feeding myself nourishing and delicious things this weekend, doing things I enjoy and thinking kind thoughts is good enough. And maybe accepting "good enough" instead of striving for "perfect" is a kindness in itself.

I have kept my calories low enough to have a whiskey while watching the LSU football game. Have not poured it yet, but I probably will.

I still find it hard to be kind to myself . I’m sitting for 10 mins and pottering here so a little time to myself and I’m going to go and have a bath and hair wash in my spotless bathroom later so I’ll say that

Sometimes sitting down for 10 minutes is what you really need. I kindly didn't force myself to run a 5k first time back on the street so I may not feel like death tomorrow. Hoping to apply the same principle to the gym in the morning, only doing as much as feels good.

Looking for ways to be kind to myself on a long workday. I prepped lunch and dinner, which makes it easier, and I guess I might try slacking a bit during my twice 15 minutes of desk time. Someone else can do the laundry and wash dishes today.

Today's kindness is to tell myself that doing what I manage to do in a day is enough. I am not a machine (and if I were,I wouldn't run it non-stop).

Today I am going to get out into the garden & be kind to both myself & my garden by mulching it ready for what I think will be a very hot Summer. I have been kind to my skin by remembering to put sunscreen on.

Back