Alligatorob's Diary

Those pictures are amazing. Absolutely beautiful!
And amazing getting 6 miles hiking in without too much pain. Don't overdo it though!

Well I'm back, can't say I ate real well but no bingeing and according to Noom I was in target calorie range, but I'm skeptical. Anyway now I will try to be back to more what I think I probably should eat. One example of what I think is wrong with Noom is my lunch today, I bought the lowest calorie sandwich they had at a gas station market, and Italian Wrap, ~440 calories according to the label. Noon said 80 something calories, I had to tell Noom I ate 5 of them to bring the calories up to something close to right... And I had too many cookies on the trip, and I am sure Noom was wrong on those, I double or tripled the amount to get something close to reality... oh well.
That's a ghost hamlet, not a town.
Yep, it was a strange place, I'll try and post a few pictures. Mostly abandoned, it used to be a railroad town and sheep shearing center, but now the only business is this crazy place "Jackass Joes" and their specialty is UFO delivered jerky...
Wonderful pictures. Enjoy!
Thanks, it was interesting, first time I ever posted a picture from my phone. Some worked, some didn't. Will try to post a few more when I get settled.
6 miles hiking in without too much pain
I amazed myself. The snow here has kept me from doing any hiking but I thought I'd give it a try. My goal was just a mile but it was so easy I just kept going. I have been too careful about hiking, its fine. It wasn't the roughest ground or the fastest hike but I got it done. Felt good. The snow has started to melt here, so I will try some hiking here.

Don't believe these calories, I don't.
Image-1.jpg

It's great that you are back hiking again, Rob. I wish I could easily downsize my photos to share here. They're always too big!

I bought the lowest calorie sandwich they had at a gas station market, and Italian Wrap, ~440 calories according to the label. Noon said 80 something calories, I had to tell Noom I ate 5 of them to bring the calories up to something close to right...
Ok, that's just silly. What kind of wrap only has 80 calories??? Unless they have a recipe section they assume you use and a serving size is just one inch-long slice of a wrap that makes no sense at all.
now the only business is this crazy place "Jackass Joes" and their specialty is UFO delivered jerky...
Not gonna lie: I want that :rotflmao:
My goal was just a mile but it was so easy I just kept going. I have been too careful about hiking, its fine.
That's wonderful to hear!

One example of what I think is wrong with Noom is my lunch today, I bought the lowest calorie sandwich they had at a gas station market, and Italian Wrap, ~440 calories according to the label. Noon said 80 something
Good you already have a good idea of what actual calories there is in stuff. That could totally throw a person off if they were relying on Noom to calculate!

Hi, Rob. I just wanted to let you know that you are missed. I hope you're happy & getting in some hiking, maybe camping & hopefully some fishing. I miss your posts xo

Back again, don't know what else to say. I have not been eating well, but no binge for a couple of days now and I'd like to try and keep it that way. This is hard, but the alternative ain't great either... At least I am still exercising that's one good thing.
Hi, Rob. I just wanted to let you know that you are missed. I hope you're happy & getting in some hiking, maybe camping & hopefully some fishing. I miss your posts xo
Thanks Cate, and you are part of the reason I am back, I missed you! Other than eating things have been going well, did a trip to Alaska for some fishing, some visiting, and some touristy stuff. It was nice, my first trip back in 20 years.
What Cate said :grouphug:
Thanks Llama, I missed you as well.

Happy Juneteenth y'all!

Free Calorie Counter, Diet & Exercise Journal _ MyFitnessPal.jpg

Last edited:
Great to have you back Rob. Alaska would be an amazing place to visit, especially for someone who loves fishing. “The boys” (Tyke & Tom) will have missed you too!
So good to have you back 😊

Good to hear from you :party:Alaska sounds amazing... for a vist, but not for permanent residency 🙈
Alaska was amazing, and you are right about that, a great place to visit, but no place to live. Fishing was good, not so good as last year in Canada, but still pretty good. Not a great picture of me, I have gained a little weight, but not so much as the multilayered clothing makes it look. It was a cold wet day.
IMG_3753.jpg
Got to see Denali, first time for my wife. Denali is not often visible due to cloud cover. They claim its the highest mountain in the world when measured from base to peak. It might be, the base is just a couple of hundred meters above sea level the peak is 6,190 meters (20,310 feet), highest in North America. This is the best picture I could get, the mountain was 50 miles away, and partially clouded. Got to see lots of wildlife there, moose, grizzly bear, caribou, big horn sheep, and more.
IMG_3768.jpg
So good to have you back 😊
Thanks Cate, I really have missed you.

Did 3 hours and 20 minutes in the gym this morning, and I'm tired. The first hour was a cycling class and I probably pushed that too hard, made the Tabata and weight training that followed hard. Eating... so far so good.

Today was a good day, back on track, about as good as it gets. I'm thinking I may try to stick to 3 meals a day without snacks. My meals are less often the problem than snacks and grazing... but not always. Anyway that's my theory of the day.
Welcome back Rob!! :party:

I was so happy to see your name pop up on my thread. I think that's a lovely photo of you - Alaska sounds fab. I would love to visit there some day.
Thanks Emily, and it is good to see you here, I missed you also.

Thanks for the complement on the photo, I suppose that is about as good as it gets under the circumstances. I was wearing heavy long underwear, top and bottom, overalls, a sweatshirt and an oversized rainsuit. Not exactly the latest fashions, it was cold I had on a wool hat and a rainhat and gloves too that I took off for the picture. Still got cold out fishing...
Free Calorie Counter, Diet & Exercise Journal _ MyFitnessPal.jpg

Looks like a wonderful catch! I know we all look at our own pics checking how our bodies look but I realize I never would for others. You look content and that's what matters. Also: there are some pretty geared up pics of me around and I don't even look at my own body in those

Attachments

• 20230621_081816.jpg
    20230621_081816.jpg
    240.7 KB · Views: 9
Yes i think you look great Rob--strong and healthy--I know what you mean about the layers--it's amazing how different how bodies can look depending on our clothing...
Alaska sounds wonderful. I love that you enjoy such interesting trips.
Lovely to have you back at the forum!

Right now, its about 3:30 pm is a hard time for me. I ate a relatively light lunch and sure want more... I will try and tough it out until dinner, about 6 pm. I know the first few weeks of eating less can be hard, so I am going to try and think of it as a kick start...

I only did about an hour and a half in the gym today, Wednesdays are often my lighter days. However I still feel tired, as tired as I did after over 3 hours yesterday. I suspect my eating less is contributing to that. I find I am able to do better in the gym if I eat a lot, too much... Oh well gym performance isn't my goal here, figuring out how to live without bingeing or overeating is. So I'll be ok with poorer gym performance for a while... or try to be. Its a great and insidious reason to binge, if I had a few chocolate bars right now I would probably feel better and stronger... but only for a while.

Looks like a wonderful catch! I know we all look at our own pics checking how our bodies look but I realize I never would for others. You look content and that's what matters. Also: there are some pretty geared up pics of me around and I don't even look at my own body in those
Thanks Llama. I like the picture. You know when I see it I think that's a pretty girl, dressed rather strangely, I look at your face and hair first. But I know you focus on the body, guess the same as I do with my own picture. What is that outfit for? Geared up for what?
Yes i think you look great Rob--strong and healthy--I know what you mean about the layers--it's amazing how different how bodies can look depending on our clothing...
Alaska sounds wonderful. I love that you enjoy such interesting trips.
Lovely to have you back at the forum!
Thanks Liza, you are a great cheerleader and motivator here. Alaska was great, have you been?

I hope you hung tough till 6pm. I do think you can afford to eat more and be able to do the gym workouts you want and not feel low on energy, but that is up to you. More protein!

Back