Alligatorob's Diary

I could not do 2 hours at the gym .....so congrats !
Thanks, and to be honest when I first started here I could not have done 2 minutes. I started exercising riding a bike in the drive around my house. At first I was only able to 5 or so laps, just a couple of hundred yards. Now 2 hours in the gym feels like a lazy day, many days I do 3+ hours. However I don't exercise as vigorously as the 20 and 30 somethings I see at the gym, and I don't think I need to.

One good reason for retirement: being able to take your time at the gym :p

I started exercising riding a bike in the drive around my house. At first I was only able to 5 or so laps, just a couple of hundred yards. Now 2 hours in the gym feels like a lazy day, many days I do 3+ hours
Isn't that amazing to see that sort of progress--i feel the same way about my running! (course not at present while I'm injured :(

Thanks, and to be honest when I first started here I could not have done 2 minutes. I started exercising riding a bike in the drive around my house. At first I was only able to 5 or so laps, just a couple of hundred yards.
I remember it well. You have come such a long way, Rob & will never go back.

Its been a good day, ate well, exercised and feel good tonight. Did 2 hours and 50 minutes at the gym, and was supposed to have physical therapy but I canceled it to plow snow... this is my truck when I came out of the gym this morning.
IMG_3437.JPG
We are already about 15% above the all time show fall high record and I think it may be coming to an end. Weather says the jet stream has shifted and we'll be getting no more of those near constant storms. Would make me happy.

Not sure how much I will be able to login or post in the next few days, tomorrow am we are taking grandkids for a long spring break weekend. Going to Goblin Valley, Arches, and Canyonlands in southern Utah. I plan to try some hiking. Elevations are lower there so should not be much if any snow. I will do my best whilst away.
I hope so 🙈 If a 500 kcal/day deficit is needed to lose a pound a week then 8 pounds of fat a week would require a 4000 kcal/day deficit! Which is like... not eating anything and still exercising pretty solidly for 4 hours on top of your normal daily calorie burn. Scary tv show territory.
I'm sure it isn't, I'm not starving! Wouldn't make it on one of those TV shows.
One good reason for retirement: being able to take your time at the gym
It really is, a few years ago there is no way I'd have had the time for this. Glad I do now.
Isn't that amazing to see that sort of progress--i feel the same way about my running!
Thanks Liza, and you have done well with your running. When do you think you can get back to it? My doctor tells me it's best not to run on the new knees, just as well I needed an excuse, LOL. Actually I envy you being able, soon again, to run.
I remember it well. You have come such a long way, Rob & will never go back.
Thanks Cate, I know I could not have done it without the support you and others here have given me. Much appreciated. Sometimes I need a reminder as time goes on its easier to focus on the smaller backsteps than the big picture. I know I have come a long ways, just need to keep reminding myself.

Another day when the Noom calorie count just doesn't look right.
Image-1.jpg

Just removing the fat from that yogurt moves it to green? That seems kind of silly. Reminiscent of WW, and silly.

I'm glad you got a reminder of how much more fit and mobile you are now compared to a couple of years ago. Have fun camping!

Just removing the fat from that yogurt moves it to green? That seems kind of silly. Reminiscent of WW, and silly.
Yeah, it is silly just not that much difference between regular Greek yogurt and low fat... Still trying to follow the Noom thing, but so far I'm not real impressed...
Have fun camping!
Thanks! But no camping this time, trip to short and quick for that. Staying in a rental place in Thompson Springs, Utah, an almost ghost town, population 39.

I love the look of that snowy scene, though I know it's nicer to look at from afar when one is not getting so tired of so much snow!
Enjoy your trip Rob!

8437AEC3-A696-447A-8A24-4561C1240B9F.jpeg

Back