100 Days

Monday, good day to start. I have a new approach. Of course my goal is to eat the same as I was eating when I started the diary, but that is impossible for now so I need a strategy. Elaborative, hard to follow plans are not for me. So I decided the following. Every three days I will make a plan of what I want to eat, breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks. Make a list, buy the food. Then prepare it. We will see how it goes.
These three days, breakfast the same as always, oats with almond milk, fruits, almond butter and I bought soya yogurth with coconut. Lunch, also the same, I made cabbage soup. We eat that a lot in Serbia, it is very healthy. And it is better when it stays for a day or two in the fridge, so I will have that for the next three days. Dinner, salats. Today with tuna, tomorrow with egges, and on Wednesday with cheese. They didn't have the bread I like in the store, so I will have to go tommorow again, but ok, I will buy walnuts, grapes and cheese as well. I didn't planned it perfectly on the first go, it will be better. I feel great cause I ate very good today. Lots of fruits and veggies.

Planning and prepping food ahead makes such a difference for me. It's just too easy to grab something high-calorie when I don't have something good waiting for me in the fridge.

Planning is key. Isn't it good that you feel so much better after just one day of eating really well? Do you have food security in Serbia & produce most of it yourselves?

Llama! Exactly the same here. It is easier and I think it saves time as well.
Cate, yeah it is amazing how just one day of eating well can make a difference. I am not sure we have a food security, never heard about the term. I am in Spain now. I have more foods here variety wise, but quality wise, food in Serbia is better. Maybe I don't know where to shop here. Yeah, we have mostly domestic fruits and veggies in Serbia, mostly organic, and extremely tasty.

Hey Milana,

Monday is a good day to start! I have also restarted recently so we can do it together. Your planning sound great, wish I could plan so well.

Have you moved to Spain? Or just on vacation or temporary there. I have never been to Spain (or Serbia) hope to visit one day.

Keep up the good work!

Hehehe Cate, nooo you are not :) There is so many diares, it is hard to remember everything :)
Hi Rob! Yes, I moved to Spain. It's an amazing country, you should definitely visit it! Yes, let's go together on this journey :)
It is not hard to plan, I just think fruits and veggies, and adding other things for the taste.

These three days went well. Cabbage soup was a life savior. Next three days, breakfast the same, I maybe just change oatmeal with chia pudding. Lunch, tomorrow we will eat at a restaurant, Friday cauliflower with cheese, Saturday meatballs, Sunday eggplant in tomato sauce and cheese. Dinner, the same, I have still some salad left, I will eat it until I finish it, and then, I will think of something else. I will also buy lentils, and prepare lentils for the first three days of the following week.

I just think fruits and veggies, and adding other things for the taste.
Don't forget about protein either: so important for both health and feeling full. Your food sounds delicious, by the way: now I want eggplant.

Yes, Llama! You are absulutely right. I sometimes skip proteins, but then I am hungry, which I mustn't be.
I am eating well. I noticed one thing. If I don't have my full breakfast I crave sweets during the day. Beacuse sometimes I am so sleepy I just run out of the house, eating a banana on my way to work. But I need my oats, almond milk, honey, and other fruits.
Plan for the next few days. I still have salad left. And I have goat cheese and tuna, so three dinners are in. I have cauliflower left, that will be my lunch for monday. And on Monday I will cook lentils for Tuesday and Wednesday. So three lunches are there. I just have to buy an onion, a carrot and a potato, and some garlic for the lentils soup. Everything else I have.

Let's see if I eat the full breakfast, will I stop craving sweets. if not, I will have to think of the strategy to stop eating it. Beacuse, that is so unhealthy + I spend unnecessary money. Fruits are so much cheaper and healthier and it gives me the same feeling.

If I have oatmeal & fruit for breakfast I make sure to add some greek yoghurt & almond meal for extra protein & doing that keeps me full until lunch time.

Yes, proteins keep me full as well.
Yesterday I started again autophagy. It feels so good! For breakfast I had a banana. Then, I had a snack, a pice of blue cheese. And for lunch a ate a big bowl of salad, with chopped walnuts, some grape and 100g of nice goat cheese. So salad is gone.

This morning a ate chia pudding (2 tablespoons of chia seeds + a cup of almond milk), with some honey, a banana, a handful of strawberries and a table spoon of almond butter. For lunch I will eat cauliflower with some ementaler, and a big chunk of blue cheese. I would like to make lentils this evening for tomorrow. But I will see, I have to make a plan for the next three days.

I´m on my third day of autophagy. It is going well, I have no cravings so far, but I got sick. My throat hurts and I feel weak. But I will continue, and hope I will feel better tomorrow.

I feel better today, still sick, but better. Autophagy is going well. I really like this eating regime on so many leveles. The most important being that at 14h I stop thinking about the food. And it is easier to organize. I just have to think about the lunch. Because breakfast is always the same. So much easier. Then, I save the money. I just have to plan the lunch for tomorrow and the weekend. I will cook lentils on Sunday for Monday - Wednesday, because is easy to bring to work. And for tomorrow and the weekend I could cook somethinkg nice and more elaborative.

Ok, I bought a scale yestarday. I measured this morning, before breakfast in pajamas. 83.7.
Ok, that is less than when I started way back in june. So, good. I would like to lose kg a week in the beginning.

Of course, when I woke up, I measured myself, I won't be doing that any more, it is not good for my mental health. But I lost 200g since yesterday. In that tempo I could lose 1kg in a week which would make me really happy.

I am happy, met a lot of interesting people yesterday, and I have seen a friend I have here, I love her. Then, a friend I made last week invited me to go with her and her friends to live music. And tomorrow I will have lunch with people from work. So, that makes me super satisfied.

I met yesterday a girl from Lebanon, so beautiful! And a guy from India, intense and intellegent, I really liked him! Girls and guys from Brazil, super charismatic guy from Portugal, and a couple of Italians. And a nice loving girl from Columbia :)

Yes, and one funny guy from Guadalupe :)

Autophagy goes well. But I will eat tonight, because I want to socialize, and the guys from yesterday are organizing Ramen night. But I ate a little (for me) for lunch so it will be okay.

I made a perfect sandwich: nice dark bread with a lot of seeds toasted on a butter, so crispy and tasty, then one small avocado, one sunny side egg and a little bit of prosciutto. Here they have a perfect jamon, so I like to eat it from time to time.

I will enjoy these moments of happiness and peace. :)

Autophagy is going well. Definitely the best option for me. Not much else to say.
I am still making plans when it comes to eating. Just now the plans are on a weekly basis. Since I don't eat dinner anymore, there is less stuff to plan.
Breakfast: rotating chia pudding and oatmeal, with raspberries, banana and blueberries, almond butter and some soya based yogurth with coconut. I have everything I need for the whole week. Maybe I will have to buy milk.
Lunch: tomorrow - sandwich with avocado, proiscutto and egg. Wednesday - salad with tuna, olives and paprika. Thursday - restaurant. Friday, Saturday and Sunday - lentils soup with some bread. Maybe I will need to buy bread. Also I want to make couscous for the next week, Monday and Tuesday.

Last edited:
I switched and had the salad and tuna today. But it was too little. I need two small cans of tuna and two slices of bread, if I am not gonna eat dinner.

So I have a headache now, but ok, it will be better. Now I know how much I need.
Today I ate with my collegues, they all eat super healthy, so I have new ideas for lunch.
Rice and chickpeas curry. Then chicken in coconut milk with cauliflower. Lentils with onions and apples. Bulgur with vegetables and chicken. Eggplant with turkey. And a ton of staemed vegetables, with some feta cheese and tuna.

So I will be making these dishes in the following days. Also I will make couscous, and I have to make something with shrimp, because it is cheap here and available. I should eat more fish and sea food while I am here.

But I am craving comfort food, like mashed potatoes.

Your colleagues sound like healthy hipsters! Or are you just a very international team? When you say autophagy do you mean intermittent fasting with the goal of autophagy?

Back