100 Days

Milanica

Hello everyone!

My name is Milana, I'm from Serbia.
Years: 38, Height: 157cm, Weight: 85.5kg

My ideal weight is 52kg.

I recently gained 3 kg, and that triggered me to start dieting. I'm on a therapy which as a side effect has appetite change, so I'm always really hungry. It's hard for me to lose weight and really easy to gain it. I will have to take that medicine at least a year more.

My plan is simple: I will have breakfast and lunch. For breakfast I will eat oats with chia seeds, blueberries, raspberries, some milk, some honey, and hazelnut butter. For lunch some proteins, chicken with vegetables, or peas, or quinoa with vegetables, and sometimes salat (tomatoes and cucumbers). I drink a glass of water with some lemon and honey just after I wake up, and take breakfast half an hour after that. I lunch 5 - 6 hours after breakfast. After lunch I just drink water. I don't take any other drinks.

I walk 10 000 steps every day, and that, for now, I count as exercise.

Today is my third day. For previous 2 days I lost 0.5 kg, and I'm happy for that.

It's hard, but I hope I will make it. I have 97.5 days left.

I hope this diary and your support will help me achieve my goal.

Hey Milana, welcome!

Looks like you are off to a great start and have a good plan. Any particular goal associated with the 100 days, or is that just how long you want to stick to your current plan?
I hope this diary and your support will help me achieve my goal.
I am sure it will, my diary has been a great help to me, and I have gotten lots of good support and advice from the folks here. I am sure you will too.

I am looking forward to following your progress!

Alligatorob, thank you for the welcome! It's very much appreciated!
I don't have an exact goal to mind when it comes to how much weight I want to lose in the following three months, I just want to try and stick to the plan for that amount of time.

Welcome to the forum, Milana! Best of luck with your plans, I hope you don't get too hungry in the evenings. Let us know how it goes :)

Thank you for the welcome Maria! I am definitely hungry in the evenings, but I drink a lot of water and that helps. I hope the hunger will go away once my body get used to not eating at night.

Hi Milanica,
Welcome to the forum. I look forward to following your journey. I like the sound of your food choices--they sound yummy and nutritious.

Today is day 4.
Yesterday was fine. I walked around 20 000 steps. For lunch I had an eggplant with tomatoes and chicken.
I friend of my lost 20 kg in three months and he motivated me to try this. He says that after a week body get used to not eating after lunch, and it gets much easier.
My sister went to Greece for a holiday and she brought me a jar of sun dried tomatoes, witch look delicious.
I will make a salad today with some vegetables, feta cheese and sun dried tomatoes.

20 kg in 3 months is a LOT, unless you're severely overweight. Might be hard to maintain without binging. You know your own body best though!

I agree, but he is a man, and he weighted 136 kg, so it is ok. I'm sure for me it will be different. But even for me, since I am very overweight, the optimal amount would be 6 kg a month (or so the doctor said). So that is even more than 20 kg in three months. But we will see. I'm focusing only on following my plan. Every kg gone is more than welcome, but I will be happy with much lesser weight loss than his. 3 kg a month would be ok with me.

Salad was great, I have everything left, so I will make it tomorrow too. It's quite hot here in Belgrade, and salad is cold and refreshing perfect for this weather.

I prepared my breakfast: raspberries with some honey, Greek yogurt and granola with four different nuts. I usually don't eat granola because it's sweet. But I really like this combination, and I had some Greek yogurt my sister brought me, so I decided to go with it.

My father picked fresh strawberries from the garden and brought it to me, so I will have a small bowl of strawberries for breakfast, too. The rest I will have to freeze. He picked a lot of perfect organic cherries, and I will eat them in the following days as a part of my breakfast. I have some raspberries left, and I will have to freeze them too. I have enough fruits to last me for a week or even more.

I walked 10 000 steps today, just finishing some things around the city.

There's an Irish 'diet' I heard of where 'he skipped a few dinners' to lose the weight. I guess that's what you're doing.

It's something I've thought about doing myself. Sometimes I exercise in the evening, and by the time I'm finished, it's really late to start cooking a meal. My housemate is always bugging me about it. But I generally don't feel that hungry after, and so I eat something high calorie that doesn't carry too much bulk but loads of calories, so I never get the benefit of it. Anyway, I don't see an issue with it if your other meals are healthy, and you don't feel too deprived, which you don't seem to be.

Hi, Milana. I love the sound of fresh strawberries, but especially fresh cherries. We are in the middle of winter where I am & I am missing the summer fruit. I do have some in the freezer & it's better than none. I just had some blackberries with my breakfast oats. Just thinking about not eating after lunch sounds really hard, but I guess it's no different to people not eating until 12 noon & then not after 8 pm. I think your eating "window" is even shorter than that. It should work if you can stick with it.

There's an Irish 'diet' I heard of where 'he skipped a few dinners' to lose the weight. I guess that's what you're doing.

Exactly! :) In my country we have a saying: eat your breakfast alone, share a lunch with a friend, and give a dinner to an enemy.
It is hard the first few days, but it is definitely getting easier. Maybe you should try it :)) I'm now on my fifth day.

Hi, Milana. I love the sound of fresh strawberries, but especially fresh cherries. We are in the middle of winter where I am & I am missing the summer fruit. I do have some in the freezer & it's better than none. I just had some blackberries with my breakfast oats. Just thinking about not eating after lunch sounds really hard, but I guess it's no different to people not eating until 12 noon & then not after 8 pm. I think your eating "window" is even shorter than that. It should work if you can stick with it.

I love blackberries! Yes, my eating window is 6 hours more or less. I have to eat after I wake up, that's why I decided to do it like this.

In my country we have a saying: eat your breakfast alone, share a lunch with a friend, and give a dinner to an enemy.
I like that, even though I can't imagine skipping dinner. I think the English version is have breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince, and dinner like a pauper.

I will share a recipe for a salad I made today and yesterday. It is delicious!
arugula
kale (I used baby spinach instead)
sun dried tomatoes
chickpeas
dill
chives
basil
feta cheese
carrot
pine nuts (I used walnuts)
for dressing: oil from sun dried tomatoes, vinegar a splash, a drop of honey and some lemon juice
Chickpeas are crisped on a butter, everything else is fresh.

That salad does sound delicious. I've got some fresh kale in my garden (along with some other greens and herbs) so could toss those in...

Lovely to have those fresh strawberries and cherries from your dad's garden as well! Sounds like you are getting a lot of really nice food in all round.
I absolutely cannot go long without eating so could never do the no eating after lunch thing...

That salad does sound delicious. I've got some fresh kale in my garden (along with some other greens and herbs) so could toss those in...

Lovely to have those fresh strawberries and cherries from your dad's garden as well! Sounds like you are getting a lot of really nice food in all round.
I absolutely cannot go long without eating so could never do the no eating after lunch thing...

It was tricky at the beginning, I was really hungry, but somehow you get used to it, and you don't feel hungry at all. Also I drink a lot of water and I believe it helps me feel ok :)

Back