100 Days

Thanks girls!
Today we are going outside of the city. A friend has a house and an orchard (not so sure about this word). He produces organic, no added sugar juices from every fruit imaginable, even herbal juices. We will have bbq. I'll try to drink only one glass of juice with the lunch, to have a lot of salad and some meat. It is always such a chill out when we visit him, I'm looking forward to it.

Orchard is the correct word. Our son currently works 2 days at an organic juice press( as well as working as a cook). It sounds like a lovely outing, Milana. Have fun!

Sounds like a lovely day out. I'm currently enjoying a Sommerspritzer on top of the Kahlenberg and it's glorious.

Thanks Cate! :)
Maria, I had to google Kahlenberg and the view is amazing! What is Sommerspritzer made of? In the summer I like to drink Rose (wine) Spritzer :)

I was somehow sad in the evening I really don't know why. Maybe I'm pmsing. Maybe I just deep down really need a boyfriend. So I chatted with one guy. He was watching football European champ. and suggested that we meet and watch it together. We took a walk after it in the old fortress. We laid down on the big wall and watched the moon and the stars. We kissed a lot, so I felt like I'm 20. Sadness disappeared. I'm positive that is due to oxytocin levels going high. I liked him a lot. He is very relaxed, easygoing person. He is a painter. I laughed so much, and was feeling like something magical is about to happen.

Whether or not you NEED a boyfriend that sounds like a fun date! Well, apart from the soccer watching, I'd hate that, but ro each their own :D
A Sommerspritzer is when instead of half wine and half water you have one part wine and three parts water. It's the best thing in summer.

Whether or not you NEED a boyfriend that sounds like a fun date! Well, apart from the soccer watching, I'd hate that, but ro each their own :D
A Sommerspritzer is when instead of half wine and half water you have one part wine and three parts water. It's the best thing in summer.

Actually, when I think about it we call it the same :) Letnji spricer :) I agree, it is the best thing! (Although I love the winter version with more wine as well :))

Liza, Cate, thanks :)

Today was my birthday, which is one of my favorite days, because I get to feel all the love from my friends and family, concentrated, all in one day :) I had a standard breakfast, oats with fruits and yogurt in a lovely cafe near me. I didn't have work today, so I went with my mom to the city beach on the river island. We were sunbathing, swimming, enjoying the music and had a super delicious salad for lunch. After that I met with a friend who wanted to take me to a great Japanese restaurant. I lived in Japan for a couple of months long time ago and it was the best time ever, so the J. food brings back those memories. Although it was not according to my plan, I tasted a bit of everything we ordered, one gyoza, one piece of tempura (paprika) and one sushi nigiri with octopus. We also had a dessert, the tasting of everything sweet they offer, green tea ice cream with azuki beans, chocolate mousse with ginger, sticky rice ball with maracuya, and some other sweets, and also some fruits I almost never eat, passion fruit, dragon fruit, rambutan... everything was served on a lot of ice and it looked wonderful. I had a very small bite of everything.

After that we went to a restaurant and other friends joined. I just drank water. We had the best time remembering old days, talking about everything... we know each other for more than 20 years.

A boy I spent time with yesterday called, but we'll hopefully see each other tomorrow. Looking forward to it.

I am very happy and truly grateful for all the fantastic people that are in my life!

Happy Birthday milana!
That sounds like a really great celebration--you sound like you have a really great community of family and friends. So good to hear!
And a big congrats on just drinking water at the second restaurant! very impressive will power!

Happy belated birthday! What a lovely day. Tasting a little bit of everything sounds delicious but also like a LOT of self control :eek:

very cool that that's what motivated you! I'm sure St Augustin would be proud :)
hahahaa :) :)

Today was very hot. I had some work to do, but did nothing.. Wanted to go to the pool, but was too lazy.. Wanted to see some friends, but haven't called them.. So I was very bored. I ate well, so that is ok, and I took a long walk by the river all the way to the different part of the city. But I felt somehow lonely, and I hate that feeling.

The boy I met caught a cold so we decided not to see each other until he feels better.. He tested for covid and the result is negative, thanks god..

On the positive side, I met new colleague, and he is a very pleasant person. Also another very dear colleague invited me to join her on a trip to Greece. It is a short trip, few days, climbing Olymp. I would love to go, but I'm pretty sure it will be too difficult for me, so I will have to skip. Maybe another time. I love climbing, but after gaining extra weight it became too exhausting.

I used to get lonely sometimes when I went for a long walk on my own, even though I could have had company if I wanted it. Sometimes you feel you want to be alone & then miss the company. It sounds like you have good friends/colleagues, Milana. Next time you get that offer of climbing you should feel able to go, especially if you continue to eat well on what felt like a bad day.

:iagree: With everything Cate said. Yesterday was a hard day here as well. It's kind of frustrating when those precious summer days turn out to be too warm to be usable. Thankfully it's better today.

Thanks Cate for the encouragement! Thinking about all the things I'll be able to do if I get in shape, motivates me :) It will take a while, but I'll try to enjoy the process.

It's kind of frustrating when those precious summer days turn out to be too warm to be usable.
Exactly! It's still 39 C here, but tomorrow and in the following days it will be cooler.
Sometimes I like when it's very hot so that my mind is foggy and slow :)

I've been to pool this morning, it felt great. Probably endorphin levels went up. I've swum 10 lengths, breaststroke and freestyle combined. After, I've sun bathed, I really enjoy it. I used home made oil, mixture of olive, carrot and walnut oil. It should protect but also help tan.

I will call some friends in the evening to go out for a walk and a drink.

For lunch we will have new potatoes with chard and butter. Fried trout with parsley, garlic and lemon. Stewed carrots. And an arugula and cherry tomatoes salad.
I've drunk a glass of cold, fresh orange juice, which is not according to my plan, but it was so hot on my way home from the pool, and it felt good.

There is a book I need to read, but it is quite hard to understand, so I procrastinate. Hopefully today I'll finish few pages.

Glad to hear you had a nice refreshing time in the pool--a lifesaver in heat like this!
What is the book about?

Back