100 Days

It probably also depends on your physical activity level though, right? Do you work out a lot?
Yes it probably has something to with it. I believe I have to lose some weight before I start working out, so not to have to much load on my joints. For now I just go for a walk 10 000 steps and count that as exercise.

Absolutely justified. Running might indeed be hard on your joints. Things like swimming, cycling or a bit of weight training would already be possible but everyone has to find their own joy in movement. If it isn't fun you won't keep it up long-term.

I love Farmer's markets and your list of things to buy sounds great. I would be happy if I could even stop eating after 7 pm and just drink herbal teas in the evening...alas it just doesn't seem to work for me...I will keep it in mind though.

Before starting I was afraid I will not feel ok, but gave it a try, and for now everything is alright. I am hungry but I just drink a lot of water and simply don't think about it. And it works. But it took me a few days to get used to it. Maybe you could try to endure hunger after 7pm for two days no matter what, and see if it would get easier.

For example today I went for a walk with a friend. We made a little break in a cafe on the river, but it turns out it is more of a restaurant. So people around me were eating pizza, fried chicken, burgers, ice cream... It was tempting, but I just thought to myself I will enjoy the food tomorrow. It won't go anywhere, I don't have to eat tonight. I ate enough pizzas and burgers in my lifetime, let's now appreciate vegetables and fruits. And that helps me. I am now really looking forward to breakfast and lunch, which I used to skip and overeat for dinner.

Emily, Cate, thank you so much for your kind words!
I have lunches planned for a couple of days, I might just have to go to the local grocery store once or twice.
And breakfast is easy. In the following days I will eat a small bowl of cherries, and a small bowl of oats with milk or yogurt.

i have a hard time with MKS, so i'll convert... you are 5'2" and weight 188 lbs... BMI = 34.5. your goal is 114 lbs (BMI = 21) in 100 days.

that goal is too unrealistic... it will probably lead to disappointment and you will have thought you failed. first off, it might take up to two weeks before you really begin to see any change. weight loss after 2 days on a diet will not really be lost weight. any day your body can vary as much as 4-5 lbs.

i would set your goal at 1 kg/week and even that is being very aggressive.

the 2nd problem with your goal is the end point. even if you do get on a good diet and start losing weight, it is going to start tapering off when you hit a BMI of about 26 or in your case around 65kg. it took me over 3 months to go through the final phase from BMI of 26 to where i am now at a BMI of around 23.5. i have thought about trying to get to 22, but frankly i'm much happier at where i am now. a BMI of 21 is VERY hard to achieve.

so please take this as a warning.
don't be discouraged, but try to keep realistic.

here is your first goal... if you are on the right path, in about 2 weeks you will start noticing your clothes feel different... a bit looser.

good luck.

i have a hard time with MKS, so i'll convert... you are 5'2" and weight 188 lbs... BMI = 34.5. your goal is 114 lbs (BMI = 21) in 100 days.
good luck.

Thank you for wishing me good luck!

I don't have a goal weight. My goal is to stick to the dieting regime I found works for me, for 100 days. If I lose 10 pounds in that time I will be happy. I just wrote what my normal weight was my whole life before I started gaining weight. That's not my goal weight at all. I will eat how I have decided to eat and I don't care at witch weight I will end up. Of course I would like to lose some weight, for obvious reasons, but that is not my imperative.

And I would agree with you that losing 74 pound in three months is very ambitious and probably not smart.
I would give myself at least a year for that number.

Maybe you could try to endure hunger after 7pm for two days no matter what, and see if it would get easier.
I thought of you yesterday Milanica as I considered not eating after 7pm. Couldn't do it! Maybe I will try again once I get used to my current plan. I love the idea of giving my body more of a fasting time.
Great job in not giving into temptation at the cafe--that is quite the test especially in early days of a new plan!

Thanks Maria! Yes, that helps me stay motivated.

I thought of you yesterday Milanica as I considered not eating after 7pm. Couldn't do it! Maybe I will try again once I get used to my current plan. I love the idea of giving my body more of a fasting time.
Great job in not giving into temptation at the cafe--that is quite the test especially in early days of a new plan!
Yes, it will probably be easer to do one step at a time. When the is right it will be easy for you.
Yes, it was tempting :) It's very hot here, and the fruity freezers were calling my name :) But water saved the day.

I find it interesting that you set 100 days of healthy eating as your aim, with weight loss being a bonus if it happens. Too often we focus on the scales & I think focussing on getting as healthy as we can is a much better goal.

Today was a lovely day :) Just after waking up and having breakfast I went with a friend to a cafe on the river. I drank only water, but enjoyed so much the music, the nice weather, the fact that everything works normally again, the river... After that we went to another cafe-restaurant on the river, and I had small pizza for lunch. Margherita. Maybe I should have had another one with everything Margherita has + spinach, arugula, garlic and prosciutto. But it is ok. Then we went to the third bar on a small island on the river. There was so many people, laughing, swimming, drinking. I had a small beer. Also I was the only one not in a swimming suit. Although I love my body maybe I am too self-conscious to be in a bikini in a bar among a lot of people. It is different on a beach, that is ok. I just drank water after the beer and felt great. We were the last guests and came back to the city with a small public boat. Everybody on a boat was drunk. We had a very long walk around some new city neighbourhoods.

The atmosphere in the city is incredible. People are in a great mood. All restaurants, cafes, streets, riverside, parks are full of people, there is live music in most places. The summer started!

Sounds like a glorious day, bikini or no.

Back