100 Days

For lunch we will have new potatoes with chard and butter. Fried trout with parsley, garlic and lemon. Stewed carrots. And an arugula and cherry tomatoes salad.
Sounds like a great lunch to me! And I am sure the OJ was a fine addition.
It's still 39 C here
Wow, did not know it got that hot in your part of the world. We had a 41 degree day a couple of weeks ago, but we have no humidity, the dry air makes it easier to stand.

Glad to hear you had a nice refreshing time in the pool--a lifesaver in heat like this!
What is the book about?
Yes, it felt so good!
The book is about analyzing biological networks, Bioinformatics. I'm changing careers starting from September. So, I have to read it to prepare, at least twice. It has more than 600 pages, and I am on the page 141. Also I have to finish few courses, but most days I just chill and do nothing. And that definitely has to change :)

And I am sure the OJ was a fine addition.

Wow, did not know it got that hot in your part of the world. We had a 41 degree day a couple of weeks ago, but we have no humidity, the dry air makes it easier to stand.

OJ was a treat, I felt like eating a piece of cake :) :)
The humidity is 28 %. I'm not sure if that's normal or high.

With the covid situation, I would imagine there would be much more of a demand for people with qualifications in bioinformatics. Good for you changing direction. It might be a good idea to get stuck into some study ;)
I don't think 28% humidity is very high, but I dislike humidity. I couldn't live in the tropics.

That sounds super interesting and really hard!
Exactly! It is hard, so I procrastinate :)

With the covid situation, I would imagine there would be much more of a demand for people with qualifications in bioinformatics. Good for you changing direction. It might be a good idea to get stuck into some study ;)
I don't think 28% humidity is very high, but I dislike humidity. I couldn't live in the tropics.
Yes, definitely! I have to start studying more. :)

Today it's better, 30 C, and there is a breeze. In the following days it will be even cooler.
Yesterday I went for a drink and a walk with a friend and it was great, I feel good today.
I am weighting myself every morning (I know I should be weighting myself once a week, since weight can fluctuate, but I'm super curious to see if this is working). For the first 7 days I lost 3kg. But this week, I gained back +1kg. I'm not sure why, and it is not that important, I will just continue sticking to my plan. I will write down the results compared with previous week on Friday.

For the first 7 days I lost 3kg. But this week, I gained back +1kg.
Of those first 3 kilos two were probably water. Not saying that to disappoint you but to help you understand the scale swings. It takes around 7000 kcal of deficit to lose one kilo of fat. So to lose three kilo of fat in a week you'd have to burn 3000 kcal more than you ate every day. Which is impossible for most people. One kilo a week is very good and the water weight depends on salt, constipation, alcohol, muscle aches, hormones... so many things! I think you're doing really well and the scale will show it in time.

Thanks Maria! It makes sense. I am very happy with 1kg a week :)
I went to the farmer's market. It was very hot these days so there is not a lot of vegetables, but watermelons are everywhere and also blueberries. I bought some peaches, my favorite fruit, eggplants, violet beans, tomatoes and green onions.
Today I will have an eggplant lasagna (eggplant instead of meat).

Wow to that book--I don't blame you for procrastinating! Must be satisfying when you do gain some understanding though.
I've never been good with any sciences and always wish I was.
Nice to hear you're getting some relief from the heat.
I like to weigh myself every day too. It actually helps me to see the fluctuations so I don't get too dismayed when it goes up...I feel I can see the general trend of where it's going by weighing more often.
Sounds like a wonderful haul from the market!

Thanks Liza!! :*

I've been silent for a while, which in my case means binging. I didn't eat dinner, but on Friday I ate three pieces of cake, and on Monday two pieces of cake and a big ice-cream, after lunch. Sweets are number one reason why I gained weight in the first place. I'm not discouraged at all. I will just continue with my plan. I decided I'll start writing down everything I eat in my little notebook, which shouldn't be much since I only eat for breakfast and lunch. So I will have only two entries.

I've been seeing the boy I mentioned earlier, and I really like him, he relaxes me somehow. He invited me to join him on a one day trip to nearby village. It is beautiful and there is a pool. If I'm sincere, I hate how I look in a swim suit, I'm kind of disgusted. On the other hand overweight people, men or women, never look bad to me on the beach, on the contrary I love all body types. But when it comes to myself it is a completely different story. I've already missed so many things because I'm fat, and I've decided that has to stop. But it is hard. It is easier for me to just hide in my shell, than to face reality.

But, I must start loving myself now, and taking care of me, and results will come. I will start feeling better about my body I'm sure, I just have to focus on eating healthy and in small quantities.

How I wish that we could all be as kind to ourselves as much as we are to others. I am as bad with that as anyone. I hope you go with this boy & go swimming & be kind to yourself :)
Edit: & maybe stay away from cake ;)

So nice to have you back posting Milana!
I hope you can begin to love yourself and your body and be as kind to yourself as you are to others. And i hope you have a wonderful time on the trip with your new guy!

Thanks girls! :grouphug:
Yesterday I was studying a bit, and getting things done around the house. But I haven't had my usual walk, I've completely forgotten about it. I ate well, chia seeds with strawberries and Greek yogurt for breakfast, and some purple beans with creme fraiche and bread. Today I will have the same lunch, + arugula and cherry tomatoes salad. For breakfast I had oats and chia seeds with almond milk, raspberries, blueberries and and almonds.

I love oats for breakfast with berries & just remembered I forgot to add any yoghurt or almond meal this morning. Oh, well, That's fewer calories :) but also less protein :(

Long time, no see!
A lot has changed since I was active here. I moved to Barcelona, it is my fifth month here.
I started to eat dinner. I tried to follow the regime I had, but it made me feel sick and exhausted every time.
Of course, my final goal goal is to have just breakfast and lunch, but that will have to wait till the warmer months.
I eat a lot of sweets, that's my way of coping with everything, stress, boredom, anxiety... I occasionally stop, but then something triggers it again. It's an addiction, I'm sure.
For now the ideal diet for me would be: oatmeals with almonds, honey and berries for breakfast. Something homemade, cooked for lunch, and a salat or a sendwitch for dinner. But I am out of ideas, and always prepare the same food. Will have to work on planning more.
I have some problems with people. Firstly, I am a bit lonely here, need to meet more people, and I am in a supersensitive phase right now, everything triggers a strong reaction (might be connected with loneliness). I need a boyfriend. I would like to be more organized. And, lastly, I would like to work harder on my job.
I really hope this will help me. Writing a diary is a form of therapy, and especially when you can share it with other people.

Last edited:
Hi Milana, nice to hear from you again. Sorry to hear you're struggling a bit in your new place; hopefully it'll get easier once the weather gets nicer.
Would you like to go back to Milanica or is Jela better? If you'd like to be Milanica again a mod could fix that for you.

Back