Weight-Loss 100 day weight loss competition

Weight-Loss
Status
Not open for further replies.

Starlight1

Hello fellow moonstones and welcome to my idea.
I am a very competitive person so when I saw there was a contest section with no recent contest for me to win I just knew I had to make one of my own. The goal is to lose the most weight in 100 days starting January first and ending March 30th. The winner will receive bragging rights for life and a free cheat day which expires on June first. You can enter by replying "I'm in" by December 31 after that every you can share progress tips and weigh-in results here and on March 30th the number of pounds lost needs to be shared so we can announce the winner, spoiler alert: me. if nobody joins by the 31st I will win by default.
ttyl bye

Ok, I'm in.

Wouldn't want you to win by default!

Happy Holidays and Merry X-mas!

Hey Star, as zero hour approaches it occurs to me we may need to handicap this, or have an alternative measure. If Vic were to lose as many pounds as you or I might it could kill her, and we don't want that.

How about one prize for the most pounds, kilograms or stones lost, and one for the highest % of loss towards goal. For example Vic has 4 pounds to goal, so losing 2 pounds would be 50%. Me on the other hand, I have about 70 pounds to go, so losing 20 pounds would be about 28%. If you agree folks can weigh in on the first and tell us how many pounds they need to lose to goal weight.

Just a thought, its your contest Star.

If Vic were to lose as many pounds as you or I might it could kill her, and we don't want that.

Lol. I'm here for the camaraderie despite my bluster above. I have about 30 pounds to go and will take things as slowly as needed or faster if I feel OK. I encourage you all not to overdo it especially in the beginning if you want it to last.

Hey Star, as zero hour approaches it occurs to me we may need to handicap this, or have an alternative measure. If Vic were to lose as many pounds as you or I might it could kill her, and we don't want that.

How about one prize for the most pounds, kilograms or stones lost, and one for the highest % of loss towards goal. For example Vic has 4 pounds to goal, so losing 2 pounds would be 50%. Me on the other hand, I have about 70 pounds to go, so losing 20 pounds would be about 28%. If you agree folks can weigh in on the first and tell us how many pounds they need to lose to goal weight.

Just a thought, its your contest Star.
Sounds fine to me, the same prizes still apply and starting weights need to be shared tomorrow or Wednesday so there's no cheating when its time to announce the winner on 3/30.

hey, moonstones don't forget to tell all your friends about this contest. I see alligatorob already has. The more the merrier, I find if there are more people you have to compete with you'll work even harder to win.

Doing some quick adding up here... umm.... 31+29+30 = 90!

Oh well... it's still your contest, Star, and it's looking like lots of you will have fun doing it, however you re-arrange or rebadge it. :) (You could say that it's ending on March 30th, but it will feel like a hundred days?)

actually the only reason it occurred to me is that when i saw 30 March, it reminded me to check when Easter is this year and the same page calculated 12 April 2020 as 103 days away, so i had one of those "wait a minute" moments followed by same math.

not to be too theological, but you could end it on a "good" Friday...?

Zero hour is upon us, looks like I get to be the first weigh in.

January 1 - 234 pounds my current goal is 160, so I have 74 pounds to lose, don't expect to lose it all in the 100 days but I hope to put a dent in it.

A good start to our 90 day long 100 day challenge!

Jan 1st: 168 lbs. Ideal goal is 125, goal this year is 145, just under 0.5 lbs per week. Slow and steady is my plan! 90 days would be about 6 lbs, and 100 days is 7 lbs to stay on track.

Good luck everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back