Weight-Loss 10,000 Challenge!!!

Weight-Loss
Thanks! I'm putting it back on tomorrow!

Might be tough now that the weather's not great. But I've paced around my kitchen many times before. I can do it again!

When I see that I don't have a lot of steps I play "monster" or "dogs" with my 3 yr old and we chase eachother around the table. :coolgleamA:

Hi This is the yr

Good to have you with us. Wear your pedometer all day long - you dont want to rob yourself of any steps.

Playing with your 3 year old is a great idea. Every step counts and exercise doesnt need to be at a gym or on a hiking expedition. I am sure that your 3 year old will love playing and they will get good exercise too.

You should have seen me pacing around the house on Thursday after the journey. I was determined to get my pedometer to say "healthy" which it did not long before midnight. It was so strange not going out on a walk that day.

Take care
Best wishes
Margaret

Hi this is the year. welcome. i dont get many days over 10000. actually ive had 1 so far in a month and today.

so after cleaning all my room, deliberatley taking the long way around everywhere, going up and down the stairs for no good reason:

DAY 24 - 22 dec 07

10203 steps (well worth it)

Ok! It's back on after letting it hang, clipped to my window shade for more than a week.

I walked for 2 1/2 miles today. Normally on Monday nights I have a barbell class but the gym is closed for Christmas Eve. Not that I'd leave my kids and husband home on Christmas Eve to go to the gym!

After dinner we always take the kids to walk around and look at all the lights. So that's another 1/2 mile. And I've almost hit 10,000. Definitely will today.

How's everyone else doing?

Well done This is the yr. It has turned midnight - so I have my reading.

Pedometer reading:

Monday 24/12/2007 20,791 steps, 7.87 miles

======

Margaret

WOW, Omega! That's a lot of steps!

The highest number I ever had was 18,000.

How do you all get your steps? Long walks outside? Treadmill? Pacing?

I do some of all 3.

Yesterday was 11,655.

Today I'll try to rally some of my extended family to walk after we sit around and eat Christmas cookies. Over Thanksgiving I got my 19 yr old niece to come out and do a quick mile with me in the bitter cold.

I think she's probably the only one who'll come with me today, but that's ok. It gives us time to chat. :bigear:

I'm feeling really motivated. This-is-the yr is my name here because I woke up on my 36th birthday in November and that's the first thought that popped into my head.By 37 I will be at my goal. I must. I'm so tired of wishing and not having it!!!

Hi This is the yr

I do a lot of steps - but it is not reasonable for anyone else to try and compare themselves with me. I am fortunate in that I do not currently work - so I am able to treat my weight loss campaign as a full time job.

I am actually doing less steps than normal because of the Christmas holidays. I am staying away from home and am therefore only going on one exercise walk a day. When at home I go on three.

Every morning I go on a long walk which is normally at least 6.3 miles. Christmas Day (today) and Eve (yesterday) I went on 6.4 mile walks.

I walk excessively because I have great difficulty losing weight by strict calorie counting alone. I have a medical problem which works against me. I started this weight loss campaign back in late February and have found that walking excessively kind of levels the playing field and so I have finally found a way to lose weight. I have been very big for the past twenty years.

I wish that I had managed to achieve weight loss by the time I was 37. I am sure that you will achieve it if you are motivated towards it and work hard controlling both your diet and exercise levels - which certainly sounds to be the case. I finally now really believe that I can bring my weight down to normal healthy proportions. I cannot wait for it to happen.

Take care
Love
Margaret

Mon 12/25 3,668
Tue 12/26 2,398

I seem to have caught my sister's sinusy misery, and spent most of yesterday lying on the couch. :p

Hi everyone,

Omega, even so, what amazing motivation you have! I think it's fantastic!!

Allyphoe, sorry you're not feeling well.

Here are my number:

12/24-11,655
12/25- 10,559
12/26- 14,847

Also, my mom gave one of my brothers a pedometer she had laying around when I ws showing him mine. He's actually wearing it! I'm so glad. He's 46 and pretty big and I just want him around for a long time. I worry about his heart, you know?

So all day yesterday he emailed me from work with step updates. :) And he skipped his standard piles of peanuts at his desk. Yay!

Sorry that I havent been posting for a few days.

Phoebe - I am sorry that you have been unwell. It is a rotten week to be ill. I hope that you (and your sister) are feeling tons better really soon.

This is the year - Thanks. Well done for getting your 10K in over Christmas. Well done also for influencing your brother. :hurray: I honestly believe that everyone who has the use of their legs and could do with losing any weight would benefit from wearing a pedometer.

Thursday was the day that we travelled home and spent over 7 hours on the motorway. I didnt manage to get out for a long walk - but did my short walk in the dark when I got home.

Pedometer reading:

Wednesday 26/12/2007 20,566 steps, 7.79 miles
Thursday... 27/12/2007 13,348 steps, 5.05 miles
Friday....... 28/12/2007 26,314 steps, 9.96 miles

======

Margaret

Well done Angel - you did another 10K

Pedometer reading:

Saturday 29/12/2007 27,190 steps, 10.29 miles

======

Margaret

Margaret, I love reading your numbers!

Well, I have this horrendous cough so the last few days are spotty:

5,106-Thursday
10,559-Friday
5,061-Saturday

But I'm feeling better and the weather is not so wet and cold so I'm pretty sure today I'll get over 10K.

The big news is that I lost 1.8lbs since the 26th!!!! I'm so excited about that! :party:

I need to change my signature line. I thought I was 156 but really, when I weighed myself after Christmas I was 158.2. So down to 156.4!! :)

Hi This is the yr

Thanks.

I am sorry that you have not been well. Well done for getting in your 10K on Friday despite all that. Good luck for today.

Congratulations on the weight loss. :hurray: It is lovely losing weight at Christmas time - like an unexpected bonus!

Remember when you are out walking you are never alone - because I will always be out walking too.:grouphug:

Take care
Love
Margaret

Thank you, Margaret. I did think of you yesterday when I was walking and I figured you must be to, seeing that you walk sooo much! (Actually, you were probably sleeping..time difference and all) but still, it was motivating to think of your long walks.

I went out walking today. 11,670 right now. It'll be 12k before bed, though. I have to put some laundry in and do bedtime with my kids.

Angel, Allyphoe, how are you doing?

(Angel, I go up and down the stairs with no reason too!)

Probably we all go up and down the stairs with no good reason. I often go out of my way and think "it is all extra steps".

Pedometer reading:

Sunday 30/12/2007 25,950 steps, 9.82 miles

======

Margaret

HEY aint posted here in a while basically because i don't have anything to post lol. i've been hitting below 10000 for the past few days!

i think i have to start walking up and down the stairs without reason again lol!!!

well done you guys!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR

Back