Skurgeon’s Diary

It took till today to lose the almost 14 pounds I gained over Christmas Eve and Day. (12 days). Not bad at all.
14 lbs was an amazing amount to gain in such a short time, but at least it's gone!

Turns out as good as I am at losing weight I’m even better at gaining.
You wouldn't be here if you weren't. I do feel for people who struggle to gain or keep their weight but there's a reason that's somewhat rare.

It generally means they don't enjoy eating, stress makes them lose their appetite, and they're very fidgety or generally active.

Interesting milestone reached this morning.

Not that I put much stock in BMI because of the muscle on my body but this morning I had a new lowest weight of 208 pounds which moved me out of the obese category and into the overweight category.

Obese is one of those descriptive words that I find more mean than the word fat. It’s just so clinically cold somehow.

So now I can say that I had to lose 194 pounds to become overweight!

Obese is one of those descriptive words that I find more mean than the word fat. It’s just so clinically cold somehow.
It may or may not get better if you know it comes from the Latin obesus, overeaten. For a while the term adipositas was more common around here; it comes from the Latin word adeps, for fat, so it really just means fatness. A bit like putting C2H5OH dependent into someone´s documentation rather than raging alcoholic. People don´t get as upset if they´re not quite sure what you mean. But of course overweight became so common we now all know what the fancy word means and now it feels mean again.
So now I can say that I had to lose 194 pounds to become overweight!
:D That did amuse me. But it´s also incredible. I´m really interested to see where your weight will end up stabilizing.

:D That did amuse me. But it´s also incredible. I´m really interested to see where your weight will end up stabilizing.

I have to think I’m pretty close to the end. I’m getting pretty lean in some parts of my body. My shoulders in the last couple of weeks have suddenly appeared where I can clearly see the muscle separation from the front, side and rear deltoids just standing relaxed.

I had the thought today that I may have to decide to stop losing weight at some point which means adding more calories to maintain whatever weight I decide to stop at. My current 2600 calories still feels super comfortable… like not dieting at all… sometimes I’m a little over and a lot of times I’m just under. I ate 450 calories worth of battered tempura shrimp out of my air fryer a couple of hours before bed last night just to top my calories off and I still woke up this morning lighter than yesterday.

My initial thought was I would just see where 2600 calories would bring my weight down to and be happy to stay there wherever it was but now I might have to rethink that because it might ultimately be not enough calories which is another mind bender.

i think I’ll get through January which has weird numbers because I’ll have a larger loss due to the Christmas gain and focus on staying as close to the 2600 calories in February as I can and see what those 4 weeks show me.

Wowsers. Congratulations! That photo really shows what you have done. Now for the tricky part. You are so active now that maintaining might not be so hard, but getting it right is not as easy as I once would have thought. Keeping tabs on your weight regularly & adjusting accordingly is the go. Don't let down your guard. It sounds easy, but weight can creep back up once you start adding a bit here & there. My weight gradually crept back up a little each year by doing that. It's a slippery slope. I'm pulling it back slowly.

Had some Covid symptoms which were all very mild. Got tested and it came back positive. So I get to sit here at home alone for the next week.

Super mild sickness…. I would say 2 out of 10 if I was going to describe how sick I was. Barely a cough, a slight achy feeling and bit of a runny nose but that’s basically it.

I am double vaccinated but no booster.

Back