Skurgeon’s Diary

Glad to hear the vaccine is doing what it was designed to do. Hope you enjoy the time-out and suffer no ill effects.

I'm glad your symptoms are so mild. Is there a job you have been putting off in your home, like sorting out taxes, or photos or tidying up your kitchen that you have been putting off? It's the perfect opportunity. Yay for vaccinations!

I have my parents, brother, sister in law, nephew and niece over for the weekend. It’s my nieces 7th birthday tomorrow and they’re celebrating here at my home.

The nephew just turned 3 in January but we missed it because a few of us were sick so I have presents for both of them. Niece has requested no cake, she wants to make home made cupcakes! So that’s the plan.

Being a single guy throughout this pandemic has been rough. Having a house full of people drives home the point of how important human contact is. I’m already dreading the moment they all leave tomorrow and I’m left in this empty quiet house again.

I love being alone but the pandemic has definitely reminded me of how important it is to see people you love irl. Enjoy!

So today is the 22nd of the month which is exactly 25 months from my starting point. My weight has been exactly the same for the last 4 days so I might be nearing the end of this weight loss phase.

I’ve been 206 for a few days now. 196 pounds down from where I started at 402.

I think the plan is to just keep doing the same. Eating the same. Living the same. Maybe the weight loss will continue? I believe it should? I mean if I’ve been losing 4 pounds a month for the last 5 months I would assume it wouldn’t just stop that it would become 3 and than 2 and so on slowly trickling off.

So I’ll keep the status quo and see what happens. But if I never lose another pound I’m totally content with where I am at.

It’s been almost 20 years since I wore it but I had a secret goal to one day be able to fit into this suit again.

Attachments

• EA97D07D-F0CC-4227-890B-F4F23E6DEF7E.jpeg
    EA97D07D-F0CC-4227-890B-F4F23E6DEF7E.jpeg
    191.4 KB · Views: 6
  • 7CD0DAA9-E4FB-4FCD-A20C-0EA54D7DD22A.jpeg
    7CD0DAA9-E4FB-4FCD-A20C-0EA54D7DD22A.jpeg
    246.2 KB · Views: 6
  • 4FACC758-D6F3-4683-94B4-6FDB6DA92C6F.jpeg
    4FACC758-D6F3-4683-94B4-6FDB6DA92C6F.jpeg
    328.2 KB · Views: 6
  • F50CD18D-6BD5-4EF8-B00B-A9ED85AFC1C9.jpeg
    F50CD18D-6BD5-4EF8-B00B-A9ED85AFC1C9.jpeg
    127.9 KB · Views: 6
My last 10 morning weigh ins.

Thats the most stable my weight has been over a 10 day period in over 2 years. I’ve also increased my calories from 2600 a day to 2700 a day on non training days and 3000 on training days. Currently I’m training 3 days on 1 day off.

Today’s pre-workout breakfast. Air fried potatoes, onion, red pepper, chicken breast, laughing cow garlic and herb wedge, Cajun spice and Frank’s red hot. … and low calorie ketchup. Drank a whey protein mixed with water while I made it.

Attachments

• EEBB3D7A-A38A-4719-B4FF-4BDFC9AB8909.jpeg
    EEBB3D7A-A38A-4719-B4FF-4BDFC9AB8909.jpeg
    24.5 KB · Views: 2
So I’ll keep the status quo and see what happens. But if I never lose another pound I’m totally content with where I am at.
You have a very impressive story, and being content with your weight is great.

Based on my experience you may have challenges going forward, I have found maintenance harder than losing weight... Hope you don't.

That’s seems to be common knowledge but it’s a bit perplexing to me.
I’ve heard someone say that without a goal there was no more push to live the lifestyle.

I still have this goal that manifested during my weight loss to build as much muscle as I can. Maybe that will help me. I don’t have the mindset of “now I’m done”. I think that trips up people.

I think I’ll be weighing and recording my weight everyday… for the rest of my life. The weighing and measuring of food I assume I will ease up on in some capacity. I’ve gotten pretty good at eye balling amounts after weighing and measuring everything for a couple of years. But as long as I’m always weighing myself I can right the ship before I’m too far off course.

I think ultimately I’ll settle on a weight and give myself a window of 3 to 4 pounds in either direction before taking some kind of action. But all that’s easy to say now. Day by day. I’ll figure it out..

Sounds like you have a good plan. Continuing to build muscle and tracking your weight will be a big help.

Some of the things I struggled with were that I did not have a target and I think kept low calorie dieting too long. I lost too much weight and began to feel weak and dizzy. I also found that I lost a lot of the positive reinforcement of watching the scales drop. Finally I discovered that I am better able to stick with a rigid low calorie diet than a more rational one. Once I started eating larger meals they lead to bingeing. I am hoping your have none of these problems, just telling you what happened to me. Even with all that it has been more than worthwhile, my weight loss continues to feel great.

Best of luck to you.

I’ve heard someone say that without a goal there was no more push to live the lifestyle.

I still have this goal that manifested during my weight loss to build as much muscle as I can. Maybe that will help me.
Very likely. As soon as you go back to living the way you used to when you were overweight you will of course gain weight again but if exercise (and eating in a way that makes exercise feel good) becomes the new normal your chances look good.

Back