Cate's Diary

Sorry you and G are having a tough time lately. I wonder if you could find an outdoor tai chi class or something social with exercise involved so when G goes off you can have your own happy sports time, too? What is weird is that the pandemic brought J and I closer because he couldn't go socialize as much, so we started spending more time together. But you are in the less deadly part of the pandemic, so G can go out and do sports outside with other people and escape the isolation that way. It's not nice that you don't have that too, or that he doesn't compromise and take more walks and things with you. Anyway, the whole pandemic is really stressful and creates so much stress. I hope you can find a nice solution together you both love. I also hope you continue to go to the beach together even if it started as a trip to donate blood. Do you still take the little camper van out on little outings and picnics?

Maybe you could stop by a deli and get nice pre-made food and take G out to a romantic picnic spot. I had to initiate the things I hoped J would do, and he liked doing them and now sometimes also initiates them - like we go to a lovely plant nursery in the mountains and stop at a delectable cafe on the way back - it's become a happy little tri-monthly activity now. Anyway, I am hoping if you do nice outings for yourself and have G come along, you are making you a priority and G will by proxy, too.

I also have to make rules about no more than 2 improv things a week when J gets really hyper into improv and forgets about me. Then I don't have to monitor him so closely - he can pick and choose which things he's going to do without me having to intervene so much.

Anyway, your decluttering is really impressive and I hope your house feels all fresh and decluttered and relaxing!!

I'll try to catch up to you on weight loss and we can do round 2 now that the holidays have passed. Hugs!

We do nice things together, M. Just every now & then we have to re-establish our boundaries & communication & listening are so important in any relationship if you really want it to work. We have had a good day today.

Great to hear that R is feeling better! Maybe it really was just the work stress. I hope so, anyway.

Today
We are going in for another family lunch. Beforehand we are calling in to pick up some lemons from an older guy G was playing golf with at the other club. I have missed his lemons & limes. We are then going to try to get some RA tests before lunch.
Weight
I bounced back up a kilo. I know this can't be fat, but I'll be extra careful the next few days, including lunch today. I have a feeling my SIL will make her sensational Lebanese cheesecake though so may have to lay off the nibblies & cut down on everything else. They only have good stuff at their place. This cheesecake was the nicest one I have ever had.
Mood
Good. I'm no longer grumpy with G or grumpy full stop. I had a really nice day yesterday. I did have some wine at the end of the day & enjoyed it thoroughly, but won't have any today or the next few days.

What LaMa says! Glad you are happy and enjoying life again. I need to refocus and stop making so much delicious high cal stuff, too.

Thanks, LaMa & Marsia.
"The best-laid plans of mice & men".....
I didn't enjoy lunch yesterday. The city got to me. We were too early for the lemon guy & we got our wires crossed, but we raided his tree. Then we called in to see A & M, but they weren't home. G went in while I stayed out the front with Arch to have a pee & we let Arch have a bit of a run around their yard & chatted to their back neighbour. Then we called in to visit another friend nearby, but I rang to make sure he was home. He had been on his way out but stayed home for our short visit. While we were there A rang to say we had just missed him, but M had been home & on the phone. Apparently, G didn't even knock on the door.
Lunch was ok (food was good) but there seemed to be a bit of tension in the air. I ate a little too much, including the delicious cheesecake & had 2 glasses of wine, which I regretted as they weren't even nice. I'm definitely back to not drinking. We picked up 2 free RA tests. The 4 I ordered online on the 30th of Dec are on the way now.
R messaged me with a photo of another pound dog who looks adorable & he is going to try to be there first up this morning to see him. Wish him luck!
BF- was awful. I tried mixing up some low-fat quark with red onion, garlic, chillie & fresh herbs & it just wasn't nice & had it on 3 Ryvitas. Yuk.

G went in while I stayed out the front with Arch to have a pee
:D That sounds like you peed in their front yard.
had 2 glasses of wine, which I regretted as they weren't even nice. I'm definitely back to not drinking.
A shame about the bad wine but great that it strengthened your resolve.
R messaged me with a photo of another pound dog who looks adorable & he is going to try to be there first up this morning to see him. Wish him luck!
Best of luck to R and the possible new dog :beating:
BF- was awful. I tried mixing up some low-fat quark with red onion, garlic, chillie & fresh herbs & it just wasn't nice & had it on 3 Ryvitas. Yuk.
Hm, that could have worked although I'm not a big fan of fully raw allium (or rather my stomach isn't). Would need a good bit of salt though and probably a bit of whipping.

Ooo, I hope the new pound dog works out. That would be so nice. You are very brave eating raw peppers for breakfast. My stomach would not be able to handle that either. I do that sort of thing sometimes where I mix one too many styles of herbs and it just doesn't mesh, but good to experiment, because sometimes it comes out a keeper recipe. Sorry your lunch was a little awkward, but nice it drove you to cutting out alcohol for a while to make losing weight easier! Hope you had a much nicer day today!!

That sounds like you peed in their front yard.
Whoops! So it did. I promise I didn't :ROFLMAO:

The pound dog was snapped up before R got a chance to see him.
I usually don't have a problem with raw red onion or fresh chillies at any time of day. This was more a taste & texture thing. I'll put my thinking cap on for the rest of the quark. I wasn't going to buy it again & then saw it in the whole food shop & did.

I had a much nicer day yesterday, thanks, M. We loaded up the car with a whole heap of stuff to go to the tip shop including a wood box & a kennel. They were happy & so were we. We are going for our booster shots today & are taking another load of recycling & one bag of landfill. I'll rat around during the day to fill the car. We use G's car for tip runs as it's a Toyota RAV4 & is spacious. We didn't have room for Archie in the back yesterday & he had to travel on my knee. He didn't mind.

I didn't weigh this morning. I will before my shower & make an adjustment.

:D I'm not at all surprised Archie didn't complain about more lap time. I should do some more sorting through my stuff as well. And get rid of the clock I bought last year because the ticking (while faint) is so fast it makes me want to crawl out of my skin.

:D I'm not at all surprised Archie didn't complain about more lap time. I should do some more sorting through my stuff as well. And get rid of the clock I bought last year because the ticking (while faint) is so fast it makes me want to crawl out of my skin.
Getting rid of stuff is incredibly satisfying LaMa & giving that working clock to a charity shop, along with some other things you do not use or would never want to wear again is also very rewarding. I had smaller clothes that I was hoping to fit into to again one day but went through them & discarded some that I really didn't like much. I'm not sure what I'll tackle next. The garden shed needs a good overhaul, but it is too smelly.
I think my photos might be next. I need some clear plastic tubs & lots of time. Rainy day job I think.
We're off to G's social golf day today. I think I'll visit my SIL. She's only 5 mins away.

Maybe you could start by airing the shed thoroughly for a couple of days to give you better chance later?

Wow, you're really on a roll with the sorting! Good thinking visiting your SIL instead of hanging out at the golf club. Do you ever just walk with all the golfers and get in tons of steps, or is that too far for your knee right now?

Maybe you could start by airing the shed thoroughly for a couple of days to give you better chance later?
I think I’ll leave it until the weather cools, LaMa & will probably wear a mask.
Well done on doing some more clearing out Cate - it's very therapeutic.

Hope R finds a new dog soon.
It certainly is, Em. I’m busting to do more. I hope R finds a dog soon too. I’m glad he’s looking already.
Wow, you're really on a roll with the sorting! Good thinking visiting your SIL instead of hanging out at the golf club. Do you ever just walk with all the golfers and get in tons of steps, or is that too far for your knee right now?
I am on a roll, M. So is my SIL, which is great. I don’t like tagging along with the golfers while they’re playing as it can be too distracting. I’m happy helping G but also doing my own thing. It was a good visit. I did lots of walking as I suggested that L come with us for a walk with her dog.
It was a really hot day ( for Tassie) & I am knackered. We’re helping our son, D, out in the morning. I’m pulling a yard apart & G is chain sawing. His house is being photographed tomorrow afternoon & listed for sale this week!

Sorry, LaMa. Thank you. I don't seem to be answering questions properly at the moment & I am so, so tired tonight. I got my laptop out so I could actually see what I'm doing. My knee is really improving all of the time, but I have been really careful as well. I don't twist at all & I had better be super careful tomorrow.
I'll check out the diaries when I get home tomorrow. We'll go early & I'll come home before G. I just had a chat with him, thanks LaMa about me needing to be careful. I do need reminders & I don't want to take backwards steps.

I don't think I asked any questions and had them ignored but even if I had you'd be fine. Life is complicated and exhausting sometimes and we all overlook things :grouphug:

Back