🏋️‍♀️Science of Diet and Exercise Journal👩‍🎓

I hope you all feel better soon.

thanks, feeling a lot better this arvo.

I think I am fully recovered now from the gastro bug. Had liver last night for supper and a salad for lunch today. On the menu for tonight is chicken with a creamy mushroom sauce, everything cooked from scratch as usual.

Tested out a new exercise band (55 kg) for Palloff press definitely felt it, still need to take the band down to the gym and do a full training session.

I also joined a barter group yesterday, offering exercise program writing so I can build up credit to be able to get a handyman in to help hubby extend the peafowl enclosure by adding a large flight pen for use outside of breeding season.

You even "sound" better, which is great! I hope the people in the bartering group realize the value of what you're offering; most people think exercise plans are a simple copy/paste job.

You even "sound" better, which is great! I hope the people in the bartering group realize the value of what you're offering; most people think exercise plans are a simple copy/paste job.

I have set the trade value appropriate to the service, like anything I expect there will be some that will think it is too much but you don't get anywhere under pricing a skilled service.

My latest batch of Biltong just went into the fridge to marinate in white wine vinegar and traditional spices before I hang it to cure tomorrow night, it takes about a week to air dry in the drying box. I need to start cooking my mushroom sauce shortly so it will be ready to go over the chicken later.

going to spend 30 minute playing the new Pokémon game on the switch before I start cooking.

Today has been a bit of a nothing day, took little miss to speech therapy and the rest of the day has been spend binge playing Pokémon brilliant diamond with little miss. The remake is not bad, little miss has the pearl remake on her switch console until I finish diamond when we will swap cartridges.

I should have been more active today,

A bit of a rest sometimes may not be a bad thing with your busy schedule. How lovely that you can bond with little Miss over the Pokémon games!

I have set the trade value appropriate to the service, like anything I expect there will be some that will think it is too much but you don't get anywhere under pricing a skilled service.
I like this, standing firm on the worth of your time/expertise. I hope you get some takers.

Also, I had to look up Biltong. 😄👍

Also, I had to look up Biltong.

I make Biltong from scratch so I can have a healthy snack on hand that does not have any allergens in it. Similar to jerky however it is only slice once it has cured and there is no cooking involved. it simple air cures by hanging it somewhere that has a gentle air flow. I have a box with a small low power extraction fan to provide the airflow. Also unlike jerky the traditional method of making it has no added sugar etc. in the spice mix. I roast and grind my own spices to get not only the right course grind I am after, jars of ground spices from the supermarkets often have an anti-caking agent made from wheat which is not listed on the ingredients panel.

Today has been another mostly nothing day, It has been bucketing down rain all day and the humidity has shot up. I will spend some time on the rower later tonight.

most people think exercise plans are a simple copy/paste job.

this is soo true. A lot of people see free programs online and think that is what a program should look like when the reality is quite different. Even the programs most gyms hand out to members are little more than cut/paste.

The way I am pricing it is to be the equivalent of 2 hours of my time with the first 30-45 minutes being taken up by the health questionnaire, goal setting, finding out about their lifestyle (realistic time available to exercise etc.) and the type of equipment they have available to use. The rest of the time is actual program writing.

If a program does not match with client health and ability, goals of the client, cannot be reasonably done in the time available or requires equipment the client has no access to then the program is a failure no matter how fancy it looks.

It does not take much for people to make excuses for not doing a workout, I fall into that trap at times despite how much I enjoy training. Today excuse was I did not want to walk down the driveway in the rain to get to my shed.

It does not take much for people to make excuses for not doing a workout, I fall into that trap at times despite how much I enjoy training. Today excuse was I did not want to walk down the driveway in the rain to get to my shed.
Back when I was marathon training, I learned that if I allowed myself to have internal dialog mulling over excuses, I had already lost the battle. If I wanted the results I had to just shut my mind up and go do it. The only wiggle room was adapting the time of day to the weather forecast. Thanks for the reminder.

If a program does not match with client health and ability, goals of the client, cannot be reasonably done in the time available or requires equipment the client has no access to then the program is a failure no matter how fancy it looks
Take notes, Brittany Dawn Davis...
It does not take much for people to make excuses for not doing a workout, I fall into that trap at times despite how much I enjoy training.
We all do. Most of us more often than you!

I'm sure you'll get some takers for your skills in the barter system, Tru. What a great idea.

Training session done this morning, Doc appointment later to find out the blood results from a couple of weeks ago. I also need to stop off in town to get some medicated turkey starter. The noises from the nesting box suggests we have a hatch in progress and I don't want to open up and disturb mum chook if the peachicks are hatching.

Completed the game lol, just end game stuff to do now, gotta catch em all

Got my blood tests back, Vit D was low as usual but improved on last time, Cholesterol etc. all perfect, Hormone levels indicate I am still very fertile with no signs at all of menopause, not bad considering I am 49.

Testosterone is in the low end of the normal female range but my IGF-1 is below normal which could have an effect on fat loss but it is not far below normal.

All of my other minerals etc. like calcium are normal. All organ function tests normal hormone levels.

Inflammation markers slightly elevated probably due to my joint issues.

All this just means I am overall very healthy even if I do catch any and all bugs going around and I need to tighten my diet even more than it already is.

It is bucketing down rain again today, I hope there is a break shortly for when I go to get little miss from childcare.

You are doing really well, Tru! I love that you are so careful with your diet. I am hoping to see an improvement with my next blood tests too.

Great to hear your blood work is looking good - although some kind of deficiency to explain your immune system's gotta catch 'em all mindset might've made life easier in some ways.
Good thing you're not a religious fundamentalist: with that kind of fertility you would've beaten Michelle Duggar :eek:

Good thing you're not a religious fundamentalist

I think I have inherited my great grandmothers genes lol, she gave birth to her youngest at age 50 at home before all of the current medical science. however my great grandparents were extremely religious, no car or modern appliances when I spent time visiting most school days during the 70s and early 80s (both lived to over 100) you could have turned off the electricity and they would not have noticed. All her time was spent reading the bible. I think they were Mennonites.

Looks like another wet tropical day again. I have to go into the gym in town later to drop something off and then it will be time to come home and hit the weights.

I am itchy this morning so I ate something last night that has triggered my allergies.

Back