Marsia's Diary

Self-care is not only not selfish it reminds us that we have worth, which is easy to forget or stop believing when we're exhausted or depressed. Glad to hear that the new place is starting to feel welcoming!

It is also more bearable leaving now that our new place is looking nice. I am starting to dream of not doing all this work constantly. I'm also starting to do little things for myself before others
That all sounds so great! Lovely to hear.
While I hate the work of a move I usually do like the fresh start and new beginning. And only with a move am I motivated to sort through certain things so it's nice to do that once in a while.
I love that you are seeing the value in doing things for yourself. Those little things make such a difference!

I think it's the sense of accomplishment with the house and raising a kid and feeling like I did the mom/caretaker thing well!
If happy, well-adjusted kids are proof of a job well done yours definitely has you graduating summa cum laude.
I brought out bags and told them to pick all the apples they could for themselves and their friends, and they were so happy.
❤️
Anyway, the yard officially does not look remotely like home, so I am feeling like I am in a resort with a mowed down landscape outside. You can see more of the lovely forest this way, so once the land heals again, it should be nice for the new owners.
Always finding silver linings: you´re awesome!

You really are an amazing woman, M. As LaMa said you always look for a silver lining & that is a wonderful thing xoxo

It rained again, and the yard got so happy, but then the landscapers chopped down a huge hedgerow and raked away all my nice mulch for the trees and such.
Oh no! That sounds kind of sad. But I am glad, as the others say, that you are able to see the silver lining in it all. I hope future owners will love and care for the land as you have.

Wonderful to share out the abundance of apples-fruit season is always so nice when shared out like that!

And doing things for myself makes it feel like I can slow down and enjoy life, even if for a few minutes here and there.
That is really great to hear.

It is so understandable that you would get emotional about the changes being made to what was once your very happy place- your wild garden. It will be much better when you're out of there. Sending you another hug :grouphug:

the woman whose house we are moving to - would love all the plants the realtor doesn't want to go here, so her gardener is getting them tomorrow!
wonderful! So nice that they will move with you--I bet they are happy to stay with you as well!
He says I am a natural interior designer, which made me happy. I can do upscale - surprise!
Again wonderful! So nice to get such good feedback from a professional. Especially after all the hard work you put in!
Done, done, done - can't wait for done!
I bet!

I am so happy for you that it's getting to the finishing stages!

Sounds like you and kitty can join forces :D Take it easy unpacking, if you can. Can you take a break from the house once the stuff under the tarps is gone or is there still work to be done?

I really dislike putting the groceries away when they're delivered so I don't even want to contemplate the thought of unpacking all of those boxes :svengo: It would be nice if J & K turned into wizards & put the boxes into the appropriate places while you were finishing up.
Please try not to overdo it anymore. I fear you will fall in a heap :grouphug:

It sounds like you have 2 kids :ROFLMAO:
I'm glad you like unpacking & I'm so, so glad the end is getting closer. What a job!

I'll ask Lumi the cat if she'd like a diary page! That would be really fun!!
We may have to start a new section in the forum for our pets. Archie would be in that. His could be a maintenance thread. He only eats when hungry & stops when he's had enough. *sigh* Smart dog! Edit: I started a new thread- Pets in the off-topic section :)
It sounds like you were much more efficient than the paid workers. There's no surprise there.
May we never ever ever need to do a big move again!
It will never be like that ever again.
Yay for being out of the house. Here's to the next stage in your life :cheers2: (with herbal tea) xoxo

Last edited:
What a relief it must be to finally be out! Fingers crossed for the photoshoot turning out amazing. I have no pets to add to the pet thread but I love the idea.

Glad the photo shoot went well.
but they were still filming near dusk!

I've never heard of such extensive efforts for good pictures!

ust a few days left of fussing over the old house. Then onward!!
So good--will be nice, I'm sure, to finally be able to move on!

Back