Marsia's Diary

You do sound much more energised. That photoshoot sounds amazing! I love that you can soon start looking forward to a new life xoxo

Hi Marsia! I am new to your diary however I am so inspired to have arrived here at the time you have finally gone through all the work of moving and getting your old house ready and on the market. Congratulations on climbing that mountain and I hope you get to savor being human again for a very long time to come,

Last edited:
Hi Marsia,

Just catching up a bit. So great to hear you are finished at last and the viewings are happening. I really hope you get a great price after all that work.
A neighbor was looking at the house and had a bunch of criticisms about the layout which were valid, and I couldn't say anything because we are not supposed to be at open houses.

Did your neighbor not know who you were when he was criticizing the layout? Not nice to hear that kind of criticism after all that work you put in! Anyways I hope someone lovely and appreciative gets your place, like the woman you mentioned. It would be nice to think of a kind soul inheriting all that good work you put in.

And congrats on losing that 5 pounds too!

Your body seems to know how much you need to catch up on sleep and rest right now. Enjoy it! Great to hear that a lot of people are enthusiastic about the house: fingers crossed it'll all get wrapped up asap.

I am not good at being patient, so this is really a nail biting experience.
I can really imagine that. Sounds like the house should sell pretty quick so hopefully you won't be held in suspense too long!

How is the settling into the new place going? Is it starting to feel more organized?

Hi Liza! The new place is starting to feel more organized because J has been unpacking and putting things in good places. I haven't been at all! I really needed a break for my hands to heal and for me to sleep off all the soreness. I feel good today and will start on things at the new place.

I have a feeling we'll be fine with selling the house. For me it's more about hopefully getting to hand it over to someone I think will respect the landscape and wildlife and not try to tame the yard and make suburbia there. But really that is partially out of my hands, so I'll just have to hope really hard! It doesn't help that I really super like the woman who we met who is going to bid on the house. She's someone I could become friends with, and I tend to only make friends with a few people and need most of my time to myself.

Every time we go to the house we fix one more little thing. Today we got our old car towed off to charity. I can't believe what we've accomplished in the last few years with getting our house remodeled nice, taking care of my mom, raising a kid, packing, and trying to have a garden and a nice life while juggling so much. It feels good to take a break and look back. I haven't unpacked much yet. I am just happy I can take my time. I did fiddle around with getting K's website working on this really crazy interface where it's super hard to figure out how to hand code. Now she has something to start with and I'll let her do the rest of her project herself.

I think after unpacking a bunch of the kitchen I'll secure our big bookshelves to the walls so we can unpack all our books. It makes me giddy thinking I get to finally enjoy all my gorgeous, lovely books!

The new place is starting to feel more organized because J has been unpacking and putting things in good places.
So great that's not all falling on you and you can hopefully get a bit of a rest in while things get organized.

I can't believe what we've accomplished in the last few years with getting our house remodeled nice, taking care of my mom, raising a kid, packing, and trying to have a garden and a nice life while juggling so much.
Yes you'll probably wonder what to do with all your new free time!! You sound like you have a lot of interests so I'm sure you won't have a problem filling it--I'm sure it will be nice to be able to just focus on what you want to do rather than needing to do.

I think after unpacking a bunch of the kitchen I'll secure our big bookshelves to the walls so we can unpack all our books. It makes me giddy thinking I get to finally enjoy all my gorgeous, lovely books!
That sounds so fun to me--setting up the new place. I know when I moved into my present tiny space I wondered where everything would go, but it's funny how everything necessary always finds a way of fitting in and then everything else can go!

I did fiddle around with getting K's website working on this really crazy interface where it's super hard to figure out how to hand code.
I have no idea how to do coding or even what it is really! Good for you for being able to help K out with all that!

I love how you sound now. I can't imagine you ever being bored. Imagine using your creative mind to do something fun! There is this adventurous life ahead of you. I love it!

It is so understandable that you are all so tired. Your time will come soon for those adventures. Anticipation is one of life’s joys. Your mention of yoga might just inspire me to check out local Tai chi classes. Flexibility is so important! I will enquire tomorrow xo

Today we were climbing around in the tide pools looking at sea anemones and I haven't gotten to do something relaxing like that in ages. It felt so wonderful! And the light was so glowing and blue - that glow before dusk that is so relaxing.
That sounds lovely. It must be such a relief to get to see the wonders of the world again.
I am slowing unpacking, too, but mostly just eating well so we don't get sick, as we're all so tired.
Excellent thinking. Self care first.

Sounds like a lovely Thanksgiving dinner! How wonderful that food is starting to feel like food again rather than a lifeline.

It is wonderful to see that you are getting back to being your "old" self again. Enjoy Thanksgiving. It's not a thing here, but I know it is a big thing there. How big is your benchtop oven, M? R needs one in his little house. What brand is yours?

That Thanksgiving dinner sounds like a nice way to welcome in the new place and a new phase of your life.
I love the sound of the strength and flexibility you found with yoga. I wish I could incorporate both yoga and Tai Chi on a regular basis but somehow just can't seem to. Not sure why because it does feel really good when I do it.
Congrats on another pound lost!

Having Thanksgiving here did seem a nice welcome to the new apartment.
Hadn´t even thought of that: Housewarminggiving!
I didn't really enjoy it because of how sweet it was, but it was nice to have dessert with everyone.
:) Best of both worlds.
I am feeling so lazy lately
Or maybe you´re still exhausted. But how lovely that the nice lady got to buy the house! That must be motivation to get the rest of the work done, right?

Back