Marsia's Diary

❤️ Love that you have time to relax again. And time to cook and enjoy your food. Looks like the storm is finally over.

I love seeing you so relaxed & happy. I am so glad you have landed on your feet with the apartment & selling your place.
This morning on the way to school the rain and fog cleared and the sun shown through the fog banks, so there were bright rays coming out behind trees and layers and layers of fog lifting between hills silhouetting the redwood forest. It was dazzlingly beautiful.
This sounds so beautiful. I love your descriptions :beating:
I don't think I will buy R a stovetop oven as I can see him possibly moving in the not so distant future. Hopefully, it will be closer to us.

I am hoping our next house is on the smaller side so I am not tempted to fill it up.
Not gonna happen, sorry... Of course generally less space = less storage space = less stuff but it WILL all fill up. Pretty sure it´s a law of nature.

Where you are sounds lovely. Living in a small apartment & not having any pressure to move will help give you the space to really work out what you want to do next & where you want to go.
I just feel like it's time to pause and appreciate things around me a lot more.
It certainly is.
So yesterday K and I got most of the garage packed up, and will go back today and finish up. That just leaves the pond filters to clean (which is usually a 2 day thing as I have an upper and lower holding tank above and below the little waterfall), and I'll be done! Ok, time to start the day!
I can't imagine anyone else I know going to the effort that you have making sure everything is almost perfect for the new owners, M. Kudos to you. You are a very considerate, good person. They will love living there.

He thinks I can learn Spanish no problem, but I am not too sure. I am ok at getting by on a few key phrases in a language and faking the rest.
That's all you need for everyday life and you'll get better quite quickly when you're immersed in a language.
I got rather stressed out today because J came back from up north talking about re-sorting everything because we probably still have too much stuff. The thought of that right now made me really stressed out, and then he wanted to know exactly what I envision our life to be like next.
After all that's happened I would've SLAPPED him! Well, not really, but I'd want to. You haven't even begun to recover from the massive overload of the last two years. I hope you tell him that you need time to unwind before you can slowly start to work in a new direction. He may not be aware just how overwhelming this all has been.
I hope I don't gain weight from that
If you've been eating very low carb meals eating a high carb one will push the scale up, possibly by several pounds. That's normal water weight because each gram of glycogen in your muscles binds a couple (4?) of grams of water. But that'll go away as soon as you use up those carbs again.

I did have a talk with J about being more encouraging, and he told me he hadn't slept much in the last few days and was overwhelmed with the stuff at the storage apt. So I think he gets it now.
Great to hear you guys were able to talk about it. Have fun stockingfillershopping!

I'm glad you had a talk with J. I know G keeps things to himself for ages & then snaps about something little & it takes some interrogation before I find out what the actual problem is. He will lie awake at night worrying too.
Life will get better for all of you & this apartment gives you some breathing space. It will take time for everyone to settle into the smaller space. We have to watch this family of ours & catch them before they boil over. Communication is a wonderful thing. Getting G to talk about small stuff before it becomes big stuff is always an issue.

Sounds like the scramble to get the house ready did a number on all of you. I hope K's holding up well and you can all get some rest now. Enjoy the pond meditations, that sounds lovely!

I am going to take a break from the forum for a while. My life has been non-stop stress especially the last 6 months, and I am super appreciative for all the support through that. But for now I need a break from anything stressful and just need to just focus on family and getting our new place nice for winter break. I hope you guys have lovely holidays and great times with family!

I understand. I hope you have a lovely time with your family and get a chance to recharge :grouphug: Enjoy responsibly!

Taking a break from the forum sounds like a nurturing thing to do. I am feeling the same. Take care, hon. I'll stay in touch regularly :grouphug:

Thanks LaMa and Cate! Our house sale was a real nail-biter, and it just closed 2 days before the new year deadline. I was getting so I felt dizzy with stress and was worried I'd have panic attacks, but doing yoga and taking lots of walks got me to relax and the house sold and we are able to pay our bills again and relax. (We had multiple contractors calling us to see why they weren't paid yet, and other bills past due.) That was very intense! I am hopefully going to come back to the forum after K goes back to school. Just really soaking in every moment of family time during the break now. Hope you are doing wonderfully, and I'll catch up soon!!

Oh, what a relief that you now have that settled! I think I will need to find a way to manage stress better this year. I would like to put in an edible flower garden. I was thinking about it yesterday & then my sister said she uses calendula flowers & makes her own creams. I could start it off in pots....

Thanks Cate and LaMa! It's so good to have things normal and non-stressful. I feel so grateful we pulled this off, especially as it looks like the California housing market may crash soon due to the mass exodus out of California and the crazy high real estate prices. The edible flower garden sounds really nice! I will probably start an herb garden in pots, as S is changing how she wants to do the garden, so pots will be a safe bet for now. I want to plant a lot of lavender for relaxing tea! I'll catch up with everyone in a few days!

Is S the lady you're currently renting from?
Yes, she's J's friend who rented us part of her house. She would like raised beds where you don't have to bend down to garden, as she's in her 70's now. Today I help K with her write up for her year-long project, and hopefully we'll get to the beach. Last night was a gorgeous winter sunset with a strip of slightly green-y-yellow and orange with pink streaks. I love winter-y sunsets!

Gardening can definitely be challenging when you get older. Be careful with how much unpaid labor you´re signing up for though!
Last night was a gorgeous winter sunset with a strip of slightly green-y-yellow and orange with pink streaks. I love winter-y sunsets!
We had some glorious ones while I was away, too. The beautiful sunsets, sunrises, and moons may be the only thing I like about the short winter days.

Raised beds are a great idea. G & I made our own but didn't build them long enough or high enough. We could add to them to make them higher & that is probably a good idea. Some people have beds on stilts but then the worms couldn't work their way up. Does S have someone lined up to build them? Helping to fill them would be a big enough job & she will probably appreciate a hand then.
Hope you got to the beach, M xo

Back