Funny things you see in the gym

Sitting at my desk entering numbers and someone comes in and waves and smiles as they are trying to walk through the door which is pull they often bop themselves quite well!

Not bashing the ladies but...there was a girl at the gym Saturday on the elliptical machine, probably going -1 mph for about 45 minutes. She could've went outside and walked backwards uphill faster than the pace on the machine. Then unfortuantely she went to the useless leg squeeze and outward press machine. She wasnt big, she was extremely small.

I have noticed a trend though, the ladies at my gym go from treadmill, to eliptical, to crunches, to those two "inner" thigh machines, then bike, then leave. Maybe I should inform them, I dont know.

tonymcclellan said:
Not bashing the ladies but...there was a girl at the gym Saturday on the elliptical machine, probably going -1 mph for about 45 minutes. She could've went outside and walked backwards uphill faster than the pace on the machine. Then unfortuantely she went to the useless leg squeeze and outward press machine. She wasnt big, she was extremely small.

I have noticed a trend though, the ladies at my gym go from treadmill, to eliptical, to crunches, to those two "inner" thigh machines, then bike, then leave. Maybe I should inform them, I dont know.

Not all ladies do :D I'm working on some of the ones at my gym. So far I have gotten 5 into the free weights :D

I saw an a guy last Saturday sitting on the one free bench, towel draped over him, talking into his mobile phone :mad:

Seriously...

One bloke asked him if he minded moving and the guy said "Can you not see I'm talking?".

So said bloke moved him :D

Every Wednesday night that I go to gym, as Im near the end of the routine I do dips and hanging leg raises. Well for the last two or three weeks about this time in comes this girl (last week in sandals) and goes first to the roman chair. Well Im also using chair at this time so it really bothers me that she gets up in chair and stands there for 10 MINUTES playing with her hair (seriously) and what not.

One thing I found funny last night was I noticed two guys just bs'ing for probably 20-30 minutes. Well I guess guy 1's gf was using eliptical and when she was done he was gonna show her how to do a couple low rows on cable machine. Well shes saying its heavy blah blah, and guy 2 walks over and says "Geez thats only like half the weight I normally use.":confused:

Fly said:
I saw an a guy last Saturday sitting on the one free bench, towel draped over him, talking into his mobile phone :mad:

Seriously...

One bloke asked him if he minded moving and the guy said "Can you not see I'm talking?".

So said bloke moved him :D
This is when you grab his phone and break it in half then tell him "Now your not".

:)

tonymcclellan said:
Every Wednesday night that I go to gym, as Im near the end of the routine I do dips and hanging leg raises. Well for the last two or three weeks about this time in comes this girl (last week in sandals) and goes first to the roman chair. Well Im also using chair at this time so it really bothers me that she gets up in chair and stands there for 10 MINUTES playing with her hair (seriously) and what not.

Please tell me that you ask her to move.

Literally about 10 minutes. Then she moved to the other side of the dip machine, and as I was finishing my HLR she was just standing there, playing with her hair still. Oh well, its like the guys who just flex in the mirror.

Yep they annoying yet oh so funny at the same time. I get annoyed with the girls coming in taking up benchs to sit down to do curls - with 5 lbs weights. Grrrrrrrr its a waste of space stand up to do the damn things and if it knocks you on your ass you have no business in the free weight area. People need to get educated before they step into the free weight area. And preen at home. :D

The other day all 5 power racks had people doing curls w/ <80lbs... I almost flipped, wtf do you need a power rack for?

well..um

I did something funny yesterday and laughed at myself !

well,

I was swimming in the pool @ the gym and...my swimsuit is kinda loose on me and....I swam around a bit and then was gonna stand up and rest for a minute and....

....I was COMPLETELY exposed!! my boobs were totally out !! ahahahah!!

I just fell back in the water real quick and looked around lol. No one was looking .....

...but there was a a camera RIGHT OVER ME !! it was there to watch the pool i guess make sure no one is drowning...and before I left I looked around the front desk to see and the camera is friggin POSTED up on a screen @ the FRONT DESK!! I wonder if they saw it hahahah!! ohwell.. :p:eek:

Well yesterday there were three guys who did a complete curl day, not whole arms, but curls. Looked more like a shoulder workout with their form.

Today one guy said to his partner "So you wanna get some McDonalds after this?"

tonymcclellan said:
Well yesterday there were three guys who did a complete curl day, not whole arms, but curls. Looked more like a shoulder workout with their form.

Today one guy said to his partner "So you wanna get some McDonalds after this?"

Holy crap, wow. Well...it IS jersey. lol.

This guys asks me for a spot the other day, he looked pretty small, and you can be small and strong, but he didn't look like he was strong either. There was probably 195 or 205 on the bench, he says "probably 6 or 7." I give him a lift, he lowers the bar about an inch and a half...each rep. I just couldn't say anything although I felt like I shouldve.

My experience..

here is a different take...

I went to the gym, and I was one of those "guys" that just did the work out, and there was this beautiful woman ( A rutgers University senior) there, she saw me working out and it was obvious she was a serious work out person as I was new, any way she came over to me and told me I was doing it all wrong, and she corrected me, we became friends and she offered me advice and basically trained me.

Forwarding a few months later, my wife (the Pharmacist) has a new intern, one day I go into the store and notice, the beautiful college student that helped me so often, was my wife's new intern.

It would have been akward if I did not tell my wife about my Gym friend prior to her working with my wife. Luckily for me my wife is not the jealous type, nor am I a fool to screw up a good marriage.

So anyway, Basically I was that idiot on the machine, and was very helpful that someone took the time out to correct me and show me how it was done correctly.

JaymieB said:
well..um
I did something funny yesterday and laughed at myself !

A somewhat similar experience here - loose sweat pants, and getting off a stationary bike... Well, the pants got caught on the front part of the seat, and I heard one of those fabric noises, thinking only the fabric had stretched. So I climbed back on the bike, and discovered that I now had air conditioning where I hadn't any before, thanks to a nice large tear along the seam across the crotch. Thankfully the pants were large enough it wasn't really noticeable, but you can bet I hightailed it to the locker room after spinning class was over to change.

Edited to add: I've done the superman move many times in pilates class - guess the perspective's different when you're doing it, but I'd imagine a fish out of water wouldn't be far from the mark.

The funniest thing in the gym is... my mom! She listens to music while she's on the eliptical and there's this one song that goes really really fast and then goes really slow.

So she's on the eliptical going uber fast and then slows to almost a stop... then goes super fast again. Of course the whole time she's doing this she is shakin her butt and dancing and she's a bigger woman so it is hella funny.:)

JaymieB said:
well..um

I was swimming in the pool @ the gym and...my swimsuit is kinda loose on me and....I swam around a bit and then was gonna stand up and rest for a minute and....

....I was COMPLETELY exposed!! my boobs were totally out !! ahahahah!!

POSTED up on a screen @ the FRONT DESK!! I wonder if they saw it hahahah!! ohwell.. :p:eek:

I need to get a job at the front desk of a gym with a pool.

I'll share a story about myself; I don't know if I've posted this one before.

First-get yer minds out of the gutter as the story progresses AJP. :D

I was doing jerks one day at the gym and a gf of mine decided she wanted to learn how to do some Oly lifting. Anyway, I get all set up and am showing her the correct way to jerk. I drop into a quarter squat position and throw the bar up but I had my head to far forward...the bar slams into my chin, doing basically an upper cut and nearly knocks me out as those bright yellow spots cloud my vision.

I somehow managed to finish the motion, drop the bar, and at some point regain my senses. She is laughing at me and decides she doesn't want to learn the jerk.

I chipped the hell out of my front right tooth and I felt like an idiot.

Back