Chicken soup with chipotle peppers, tomato and lime.
- 1 can (14-1/2 oz.) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 Tbsp. chopped chipotle chili peppers, or to taste
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp. dried oregano leaves
- 1 bay leaf
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1-1/2 qt. (6 cups) chicken broth
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- Salt and black pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- Mix tomatoes, onion, chili peppers, garlic, oregano and bay leaf in 4-quart sauce pot. Cook on medium-high heat 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the chicken, chicken broth and lime juice. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer 30 minutes. Remove and discard bay leaf. Season soup with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Serve topped with cilantro.