Sensibly delicious that hits the spot on those cold snowy days!!!
- 2 tablespoons SPLENDA® Sugar Blend for Baking
- 3 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Baking Cocoa
- 1 can (12 fl. oz.) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Fat Free Milk, divided
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Miniature marshmallows (optional)
- COMBINE SPLENDA Sugar Blend for Baking and cocoa in medium saucepan. Gradually stir in 1/4 cup evaporated milk to make a smooth paste; stir in remaining evaporated milk and water.
- WARM over medium heat, stirring constantly, until hot (do not boil). Remove from heat; stir in vanilla extract. Top with marshmallows before serving.
- FOR SINGLE-SERVING MICROWAVE HOT COCOA:
- COMBINE 2 teaspoons SPLENDA Sugar Blend for Baking and 1 tablespoon NESTLÉ TOLL HOUSE Baking Cocoa in large, microwave-safe mug. Stir in 2 tablespoons water to make a smooth paste. Stir in an additional 3 tablespoons of water and 2/3 cup (5 fl.-oz. can) NESTLÉ CARNATION Evaporated Fat Free Milk. Microwave on HIGH (100%) power for 1 minute; stir. If necessary, microwave a few seconds longer or until hot. Stir in 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract.
- NOTE: For 3 serving recipe, 3 cups fat free milk can be substituted for the evaporated milk and water. For the single-serving recipe, 1 cup of fat free milk for the water and evaporated milk.