Enjoy the caramelized natural sugar from the grilling which exudes intense sweetness from the fruit!
- 1 small pineapple, peeled, cored and cut into wedges
- 2 large mangoes, cored and cut in half
- 2 large peaches, cored and cut in half
- Nonstick, butter-flavored cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- Mint or basil leaves, for garnish
- In a large bowl, combine the pineapple, mangoes and peaches. Spray generously with cooking spray. Toss and spray again to ensure the fruit is well-coated. Sprinkle with brown sugar. Toss to coat evenly. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan, heat the balsamic vinegar over low heat. Simmer until the liquid is reduced in half, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat.
- Prepare a hot fire in a charcoal grill or heat a gas grill or broiler. Away from the heat source, lightly coat the grill rack or broiler pan with cooking spray. Position the cooking rack 4 to 6 inches from the heat source.
- Place the fruit on the grill racks or broiler pan. Grill or broil over medium heat until the sugar caramelizes, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Remove the fruit from the grill and arrange onto individual serving plates. Drizzle with balsamic syrup and garnish with mint or basil. Serve immediately.