Very low fat and calorie. And you can get antioxidants from prunes and spices! Ginger has relieved arthritis pain and stiffness in patients better than aspirin and other NSAID drugs, report Danish researchers. Wrap this lil marvels and its a perfect gift!
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 jar (2.5-ounce) baby-food prunes
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger or 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger for a strong ginger taste
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 cup granulated white sugar
- In a large bowl, beat the brown sugar, prunes, molasses and egg substitute until smooth. Combine the remaining ingredients except the white sugar; thoroughly stir into the wet mixture. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours, or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a cookie sheet with canola or olive oil. Form the dough into small, walnut-sized balls, roll in the sugar and place 2 inches apart on the cookie sheet. Bake 10-12 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.