Greens for your perfectly healthy meal plans!
- 1 8-ounce bottle light honey-mustard salad dressing
- 1/2 of a 16-ounce can jellied cranberry sauce
- 1 lemon or lime
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 apples, cored and very thinly sliced crosswise
- 6 cups mixed salad greens
- 2 small beets or candy cane (chioggia) beets (about 12 ounces), trimmed, peeled, and thinly sliced
- Chopped fresh cranberries or dried cranberries (optional)
- For dressing: In a blender or food processor, combine salad dressing and jellied cranberry sauce; cover and blend until smooth. Pour into a small serving bowl; set aside.
- Squeeze juice from lemon or lime into a medium bowl; add the water. Add apple slices to juice mixture; turn slices to coat well. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine greens and sliced beets. Drain the apples; add to greens mixture. Gently toss together. Spoon greens mixture onto eight salad plates; drizzle with dressing. If desired, garnish with cranberries.
- Make-Ahead Directions: Prepare dressing as directed in Step 1. Cover and chill for up to 1 week. Stir before using. Continue as directed in Steps 2 and 3.