Whisper's Diary

Allergies exhaust me & often I feel like I have the flu. Having a piece of fruit really picks me up if I'm feeling low on sugar & doesn't make me have that drop afterwards. It's great that you can take or leave sweets like cookies.

That's how it does me. I'm allergic to grass and I have to mow the lawn so every time I mow I feel like I have the flu for 2 days afterward. I don't like fruit much so I haven't really eaten much of it. I have at times.

Well I am feeling some better this morning. It's almost like the feeling you get after getting over a stomach virus. Kinda weak, but good. My stomach isn't as clogged as it was, but still spasming at times. I was able to change out bread yesterday from white to rye. Yes, it does have some wheat in it. The fiber count went from 0 to 3 and I'm fairly compatible with this so it's a win until I can do better. I need to mow! It has rained 7 out of the past 9 days and the next 10 days doesn't look that much better. It's supposed to be dry today and rain again tomorrow night. I'm letting it dry as much as possible today (yesterday, we had standing water. walking on the grass was very squishy). Then I'll mow tomorrow. Ugh, I hate mowing. It takes a lot out of me. I sweat tons. Since it has been raining so much and hotter, I'll be sweating even more with the humidity. But it is good exercise even though I feel like I have the flu for a couple of days afterwards due to the grass allergies. I do wear a mask while mowing. It helps some, but not as much as I hope.

Well I just mowed the lawn. 88 degrees and very humid. I soaked my clothes. 8521 steps and 93 minutes of activity. I didn't do my weight lifting routine today, but I think I got plenty of cardio. Now to recover!

Well done. Hope you don't suffer too much.

I feel like I'm going to keel over but I made it. I can't wait to lose 20 or 30 more pounds and see if it makes a difference or not. Today was really hard. I had a hard time punishing to the end.

I even feel like my allergies aren't quite as bad as they once were, although I'm no sure if that's due to weightloss or due to better food.

I even feel like my allergies aren't quite as bad as they once were, although I'm no sure if that's due to weightloss or due to better food.

That's sounds encouraging to me! Mine are worse than ever. I had shots before and they helped for a long time, but gradually they are getting worse so maybe as I lose weight and do better on food choices they will get better. I'm really dragging today. It's after 9am and I just got out of bed. Normally I am up way before now, but that is what mowing does to me.

I take an antihistamine all year round as I am allergic (very sensitive) to so many things, mostly synthetic fragrances. My allergies to grass etc have lessened while the other has worsened. I can't manage without AH's.
Hope you feel better as the day goes on.

I take an antihistamine all year round as I am allergic (very sensitive) to so many things, mostly synthetic fragrances. My allergies to grass etc have lessened while the other has worsened. I can't manage without AH's.
Hope you feel better as the day goes on.

I take AH on occasion. I don't like the way drugs make me feel and they take a lot to get used to for me. I do use NasalCrom and/or Xclear. They seem to help me when I'm stopped up. I'm currently working on not eating cheese. This helps me a lot.

Cruising along the promenade on your bike looks like an excellent way to get to any goal :) I don't do well with a lot of antihistamines but desloratadin works well for me without side-effects. Would be out of commission for months every year eithout meds.

Cruising along the promenade on your bike looks like an excellent way to get to any goal :) I don't do well with a lot of antihistamines but desloratadin works well for me without side-effects. Would be out of commission for months every year eithout meds.

I've never heard of that antihistamine. I'll have to look into it.

"Desloratadine (trade name Clarinex and Aerius) is a tricyclic H1 antagonist that is used to treat allergies. It is an active metabolite of loratadine."

Oh my gosh, I am so tired! I wish I had unlimited energy to do all of this yard work. There is tons of it to do. Which reminds me. I wish I can find something besides water to drink that isn't too bad. I did make some water melonwater last night - watermelon slices plus my h2o.

Water with a bit of lemon juice? Herbal tea, possibly chilled? Mint grows like weeds in most places you plant it so if you have a yard you could have an unlimited supply and the fresh stuff tastes great hot and cold.

Water with a bit of lemon juice? Herbal tea, possibly chilled? Mint grows like weeds in most places you plant it so if you have a yard you could have an unlimited supply and the fresh stuff tastes great hot and cold.

I'm not keen on lemon because I feel like I have overdone it. Herbal teas would be good as long as they don't have caffeine. Mint sounds interesting. I haven't had it much before.

Back