Whisper's Diary

I've had that problem, and it was generally a sign that I was being too fanatic. Nuts are healthy. Avocado is healthy. Beans are healthy. But they all also give you a lot of calories.

I've had that problem, and it was generally a sign that I was being too fanatic. Nuts are healthy. Avocado is healthy. Beans are healthy. But they all also give you a lot of calories.

I confess. I think I am being too fanatic, but I really want to lose for good this time. Some nuts I'm allergic. Others tend to stop up the plumbing so I've never been real keen on them. I've only had Avocado in Guacamole. :) I like beans especially black beans and lintels, but I haven't had them in a while. I used to make burgers out of them a long time ago when I first started my allergy diet. I think I need to get back to the basics.

Some nuts I'm allergic. Others tend to stop up the plumbing so I've never been real keen on them.
:waving: Fellow nut-allergy-haver here. No peanuts, hazelnuts, walnuts/pecans, sesame, or almonds for me. But most seeds are fine and some nuts as well. I only get blocked up if I use nuts/seeds instead of other fats rather than adding on to them. Probably because at that point I'm not getting enough total fats. Your mileage may vary though.

I went for a walk a few minutes ago. I walked 1.2 miles at a pace of 2.7 MPH. I am slow as molasses compared to what they say the average person walks of 3-4 MPH. I felt like my blood sugar was dropping as I struggled to make it back home. It's rainy and humid outside. I worked up a good sweat nevertheless. I'm doing a virtual walk from San Francisco to New York. It's going to take a while. :p

Nuts clog me up too, so I only have them occasionally.

You'll get there! I gradually built my walking up. I love it.

I've never done this before and never talked about it. But you know what I would really like to do? I'd like to enter a 5k walk. I actually looked into a couple of them, but my walking speed is too slow.

Maybe you can find one that happens in August so you can build up to it? Having a specific goal can be so helpful.

You know, I might just do the same. I would take my dog. I don't think it matters about the pace. It would be an achievement & we would be out there. Maybe participate in a fund-raiser?

Maybe you can find one that happens in August so you can build up to it? Having a specific goal can be so helpful.

That sounds like a really good plan! I was looking for today for a guide. I used to have a week by week guide I downloaded from somewhere a long time ago, but didn't find it today. It detailed how long to walk each day to build up to the 3k mark.

You know, I might just do the same. I would take my dog. I don't think it matters about the pace. It would be an achievement & we would be out there. Maybe participate in a fund-raiser?

The only reason I mentioned the speed is that on one of the races, they said if you go over the allotted time then they would ask you to step to the side and continue on your own.

I'm utterly exhausted today. It is what I call scary tired, so tired I barely feel like I can move my head off my pillow and my intestines are rumbling. The tiredness I've had a lot in the past. 1) For the past 10 days, it's been raining off and on so the pollen count goes from low to very high. I was sneezing a lot this morning. Could be fatigue from that. 2) This starts week 2 of my P90/Ab routine so it could be my body getting used to the new exercise demands. 3) My body seems to be having a hard time "adjusting" to this new way of eating. I seem to be constipated which is unusual for me. You would think eating all of these vegetables, everything would flow better.

Edit: Something I didn't think about. I went from eating sweets a lot and drinking cokes all day to nothing in the last couple of weeks. I don't do caffeine so it's not that kind of withdrawal, but I'm sure it could be for the sugar.

I think my body is in revolt! And I for one can't blame it. I think I may skip tomorrow for exercise. It is a cardio/AB day. I pretty much walk some every day anyway.

Two things that come to mind for me regarding constipation: water consumption and fat. If you're suddenly eating a lot more fiber your body needs extra water to make it slip down the slide. You may not be getting as much as you used to if you cut out all flavored drinks. And if you're cutting your calories drastically you may not be ingesting as much fat as your body is used to. I can't find a formal lowest number for fat but I know WW used to have a minimum of three teaspoons of oil/butter a day on top of whatever fat is in your food, specifically in order to keep people from getting constipated.

Two things that come to mind for me regarding constipation: water consumption and fat. If you're suddenly eating a lot more fiber your body needs extra water to make it slip down the slide. You may not be getting as much as you used to if you cut out all flavored drinks. And if you're cutting your calories drastically you may not be ingesting as much fat as your body is used to. I can't find a formal lowest number for fat but I know WW used to have a minimum of three teaspoons of oil/butter a day on top of whatever fat is in your food, specifically in order to keep people from getting constipated.

I remember the three teaspoons from WW. I did WW for the longest time. I wouldn't necessarily think it's fat. Usually, I am fat heavy, but at the same time I have radically changed how I eat and have not been tracking the details in my spreadsheet. I've only been going by the calories. I need to change that so I can track trends and problems. I do know some foods that will stop me up - peanut butter, grapes, corn tortillas, white flour etc. But with the wheat allergy it makes the white flour a little difficult. Today, I'm going to the bread store and see if they have any rye. Yesterday, they were out of everything but I think they get a delivery today. I need to drink more water. I've never drank that much. My doctor used to tell me that my kidneys where excellent. I think it was because they were hardly ever used lol. Today, I'm going to concentrate on drinking more water and working on my spreadsheet to get it functional. Then, I can spot problems easier. I'm also going to record the weather and pollen count and so forth. I'm sneezing my head off again this morning. I watched a vid this morning about a couple who got off sugar for a month and they described how terrible they felt. That could be me! Maybe, I need to cheat with a cookie and gradually make changes instead of this all of a sudden health kick. So today, I'm going to try and feel better no matter what it takes.

If it's the sugar "cheating" with fruit might make more sense. I personally find it very hard to eat only one cookie, but your mileage may vary. Make sure to check the ingredients for the rye bread: usually it 50% or more wheat because it's easier to work with.

If it's the sugar "cheating" with fruit might make more sense. I personally find it very hard to eat only one cookie, but your mileage may vary. Make sure to check the ingredients for the rye bread: usually it 50% or more wheat because it's easier to work with.

Nah I'm good. One cookie is fine. I'm determined and not that big on sweets anyway. Because of low blood sugar, I used to never eat anything with a lot of sugar in it. Then when I lost my job and moved in with my sister and dad, I started drinking cokes all the time like they do. Now I gotta get back to my way of life.

Allergies exhaust me & often I feel like I have the flu. Having a piece of fruit really picks me up if I'm feeling low on sugar & doesn't make me have that drop afterwards. It's great that you can take or leave sweets like cookies.

As somebody who is anaphylactic to wheat, I can say that over time exposure to your allergen makes the reaction get progressively worse over time and from smaller and smaller amounts of exposure. When I was younger I was like you and happy to ride out the reaction to the wheat until it got to the point where my throat would start to close up from cross contamination and the hidden wheat in products. Try to avoid deliberate exposure now to avoid the sort of situation I am now in.

As somebody who is anaphylactic to wheat, I can say that over time exposure to your allergen makes the reaction get progressively worse over time and from smaller and smaller amounts of exposure. When I was younger I was like you and happy to ride out the reaction to the wheat until it got to the point where my throat would start to close up from cross contamination and the hidden wheat in products. Try to avoid deliberate exposure now to avoid the sort of situation I am now in.

That's the way potatoes and chicken is with me now. I can't (I won't) eat those at all. At one point, I had potatoes three times a day, but now I haven't had any deliberately in probably 5 or 6 years. Ultimiately, it'd be great to buy a bread machine and make my own bread and stuff like I used to. However, the money just isn't there any more so I'm doing the best I can. It'd be nice to win the lottery lol.

Back