Whisper's Diary

Oof, that's rough. Both the temperature and the water. The only advantage to heat is that it makes me less hungry.

Just a quick note. It's nice to put things here. Several times, I've gone back and referenced dates from these posts lol.

Got the water back on yesterday. Still, need to work on the kitchen plumbing that busted, but at least we can take showers and wash clothes!

As far as exercise, I'm trying to do about 1 hour outside each day. I'm mindful of my hernia, but it has been much better, to the point it is hardly noticeable. I'm doing what I can as I can. Now to finally just get this weight off.

Yay for having the water back on. Did you fix it yourself, Tom?
As far as exercise, I'm trying to do about 1 hour outside each day. I'm mindful of my hernia, but it has been much better, to the point it is hardly noticeable. I'm doing what I can as I can.
Good news re your hernia :)

when i see temps like that it makes me happier about the often cloudy, cool, rainy weather we have here in the uk!

Summers for us are really hot, lots of sunshine. today and tomorrow is going to be 104F (40C I think). Right now I think I'd like some cool, rainy weather lol.

I'll send some of our cool, crisp air to you, Tom. Where I live in Tasmania it's going from 5-14oC today. I love it, I must admit.

I'll send some of our cool, crisp air to you, Tom. Where I live in Tasmania it's going from 5-14oC today. I love it, I must admit.

I would absolutely love that temperature!!!!!! I worked out in the yard today. It ended up getting to 104 again, but our bodies do adjust to the temperature after awhile so what is hot to some isn't necessarily hot to me. But anything over 95, I'm ready for cooler temps.

I'm becoming more of a winter lover too, but I can spare you a little, especially as it's getting down to -1 tonight.

I'm becoming more of a winter lover too, but I can spare you a little, especially as it's getting down to -1 tonight.

I used to like winter, especially snow, until I moved in here. there's no heat so it gets really cold. a lot of times it is cold enough in the house to blow our breath out and see it.

Oof, i grew up with ice on the inside of the bathroom windows but at least the kitchen and living room were always nice and warm.

A cold front!!!!!! well, to us anyway. It was 102 yesterday and today will be more like 92. Some relief. I worked in the backyard for 1 1/2 hours yesterday and sweated a ton. And I was really hot last night and had night sweats. So this morning, my skin is a little loose. At least, I'm losing some of the excess water weight. I am drinking probably 100+ ounces a day, so it's not like I'm trying to limit my water intake. So I'm trying to balance between not drinking enough and retaining too much. It's not easy.

Water retention sucks but drinking enough in the heat is definitely important. Good to hear you're taking care of yourself.

Hi Tom, I just moved to the Southeast, and am doing something similar trying to get outside doing gardening every day to sweat the pounds off. Glad your hernia is getting better! I have a bad back, so have to watch how I exercise, but love when it gets stronger with exercise. We just moved from Northern CA, where 92 would have made us hide in the house!

Back