Whisper's Diary

I'm glad that you have people to talk to. It's very important to have someone that you can offload to.

Bummed out to the universe. My neighbor across the street, who I just talked to, passed away yesterday. It was so strange. He didn't seem to be in bad health or anything like that. He was an older man, that I very much looked up to. He mowed 10 yards each week and has been for years, so we frequently talked about lawn work and such as well as family.

I miss him already.

Well...well....man today has not been good at all. Now, my dad isn't doing well. His legs are swelling and he says his back is hurting. But the thing about his back is it is the lower back right above the tailbone. He has never been one to retain water, unlike me. So that in itself is concerning. He won't got to the doctor. He wanted some prostate pills because he thought that would make him feel better. We did get those as well as some cranberry juice pills.

I need to think long term. I need to think about what kind of job I can do. My sister doesn't make enough to cover the bills and I've been doing what she asked which is take care of my dad.

I worked for 34 years, but was using old programs (over 30 years old) so that kind of work is basically out. Now with the hernia, I am afraid to lift a lot. I'm not sure what my options are especially the way things are these days.

I'm afraid to go to the doctor myself, but if I went enough times, I'm sure I'd get used to it or they could just knock me out. LOL.

It's funny how life is. It's nothing like I thought it would be. Before, I worked 34 years. I lost my job which was my identity and at that time I felt like I wouldn't be able to recover if that ever happened. Then I lost 5 people I was close to in 6 months. I've gone through a lot in my life and that period seemed like the hardest part of my entire life. I honestly thought things would be easier. Now with everything going on, this part of my life feels so much worse. I don't get it.

I know everyone is having a hard time. It's not just me. If there is a long term solution, I need to figure out what it is pretty quick.

The good news? LOL. I actually did pretty good on my diet today.. I've been so depressed that I haven't had any will power to do better.

Maybe, it will end up something like that song. "It's the end of the world as we know, and I feel fine...."

Thanks.

I do think it's really important to look after your own health. Your Dad is a good example for you. You can't make him go to the doctor, but you really do need to think of your own future. You do have one, Tom. Getting your hernia fixed would be a really good mental & physical boost for you. Life looks better when we don't have pain.

I do think it's really important to look after your own health. Your Dad is a good example for you. You can't make him go to the doctor, but you really do need to think of your own future. You do have one, Tom. Getting your hernia fixed would be a really good mental & physical boost for you. Life looks better when we don't have pain.

I'm not in any pain. It was just when I coughed, it felt like that region wanted to bulge out. It was a strange feeling. And unfortunately, I've been coughing and coughing and coughing. Not so much the last week, thankfully. I call it the 3 month cough, but I swear it's been like 6 months this time. Anyway, over the last week, I was careful how I coughed and when I did feel the sensation it was higher and higher as if it was moving up. yesterday and today, I haven't felt it at all. Still, I want to be careful and lose some weight. Keeping this weight on is not going to help matters any. This time I need to find a way to break the plateau. Last time, I didn't lose anything for like 5 months and just gave up. I need to quit that crap!

Tomorrow is a new day (er...well today.,..it's actually 12:07). I need to pick myself up again and move forward.

The goal is the same as last time, a much thinner corpse.

Swollen legs when he didn't have that issue earlier and didn't change anything is worrying but it is his body and his decision, for better or worse. Thinking about the future sounds sensible. Maybe look at job listings for an idea of what your options could be.

1654275565898.png

I was doing computer spring cleaning last night to keep the worries away and ran into one of my many projects that I never completed. I need to finish this. This is the only page that is halfway done.

Swollen legs when he didn't have that issue earlier and didn't change anything is worrying but it is his body and his decision, for better or worse. Thinking about the future sounds sensible. Maybe look at job listings for an idea of what your options could be.

Yeah. That's what bothers us the most. When my sister gets home she is going to force the issue and take him to the ER.

Job - My sister does food delivery and she does pretty well. I don't have a car at this point, but me and her could do some deliveries at night for someone. When I had my car, I did delivery for the guy I worked for. I didn't make much, but I did like it. Other than that, doing some kind of sells online. I've done that before also and I liked that.

Both of those are reasonable options which wouldn't be too hard on the body. Best of luck to your dad!

I like the look of your weightloss setup. Now to get those numbers rolling in the right direction!

Both of those are reasonable options which wouldn't be too hard on the body. Best of luck to your dad!

I like the look of your weightloss setup. Now to get those numbers rolling in the right direction!

Thanks. He did go a little while ago. I was afraid he was blocked altogether. My nephew said something about a yeast infection he may have, but I don't know anything about those.

On most weight loss journeys I've had, it's a crises that kicks it off. My real problem is long term.

Here's something else I like to do. - 3d Modeling. I'm not very good. This picture was from a tutorial I did. Now if I could get really good, I could make money that way also.

Attachments

• thumbnail_RoomViewB.jpg
    thumbnail_RoomViewB.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 4
Don't know anything about that either but it looks good to me. I just build houses in Minecraft...

Am I right or wrong on this?

Calorie Overage/Deficit = (BMR - Calories Consumed) - Exercise Calories

So my BMR shows (on one calculator anyway) 2151. So if I eat 1751 calories in a day with no exercise, that would be a deficit of 400 calories a day, 2800 in a week which would be less than one pound.

Is this correct? Bottom line is I am trying to get a better understanding of my weight loss and expectations. I know none of this is going to be totally accurate. It is all an estimate, but still it gives me something to work on.

BMR doesn't factor in NEAT (non-exercise activity) or TEF (thermal effect of food) either but other than that you are correct.

Updates:

Dad - My dad is doing pretty well. The swelling in his leg is almost totally gone. It's weird. He had seen an advertisement on TV about prostate pills and wanted to try some. My sister got them and it was within 2 days after taking them that all of the swelling started and he was in bad shape. Well as soon as we saw the swelling, we took them off those. We had him take some straight cranberry juice pills and he had a few prostate pills from his last expired prescription. Both of those helped reverse the process. We've since been able to contact a doctor and got a prescription for his regular prostate pills. WE told him if he sees anything else on the TV to ignore it! We don't need the drama.

Heat - I am sweating buckets. It is supposed to be 104. I don't know what it will feel like with the humidity factored in. They put us on an extreme heat advisory. I mowed the backyard and my clothes are totally soaked through and through.

Backyard - I went out to the backyard to mow. It's been several weeks since my hernia incident (Apr 23) when I did all of the work in the backyard. I hadn't been out there only a time or two since then. Well, a couple of things have happened in the interim. 1) a tree fell down. It's big enough that it stretched across the entire width of the yard. Thankfully it didn't fall on anything. When I went out into the backyard, I was heart broken because it looked as if I've done nothing at all back there. And to top it all off, there was a pretty big puddle of water back there and it hadn't rained which means we had a pipe bust. Ugh.

Money may not buy happiness, but it would certainly fix a few things.

Money may not buy happiness but no money definitely makes life a lot harder. Glad your dad is feeling better but that's awful about the tree and the pipe issue.

I'm glad that your Dad is feeling better, Tom. Pity about the tree & the plumbing :(

Back