Where to start, What to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, i'm new and i have to much to read. I need to lose weight because i have a 3 year old.

Just dropping a quick note but I plan to hang around much more. I hope I find many friends and we can accomplish our weight loss goals together.

Hi I love your avatar... It's so beautiful.. Yes we are all on here for the same thing so yeah we can accomplish all this together.. :cheers2:

I'm going to try my best to stick by these rules...
What happens if you go below 1200? I'm just curious. I definitely don't eat less than 1200... I usually end up eating barely any 'real food' calories and end up eating my way in sweets... It's really messed up and I need to do something about it.. I'm worried that I'm going to end up diabetic. b

The aliens will come get you if you go below 1200 :)

Nah, some people do go below, but its advised not too without a doctors advice - eventually your metabolism will slow down to match and you will be starving and not loosing weight much, as soon as you get to your goal you will eat normally and pile on the lbs.
Ideally you should eat your maintaince calories or 500 or so below. This teachers you good eating habits (ie its not a diet) and your body will thank you for it. Use exercise to lop off another 500 calories

I'm new here, and I just wanted to thank everybody for all their comments. I'm looking forward to starting some good exercise and weight loss programs!

Well, I apologize, I thought that links were allowed in the signatures? Anyway, I'm thinking about doing Aerobics with my wife, does anybody else do aerobics and are there usually men in those classes?

hi there

Hi everyone,

My name is rene, im 44yo from singapore. Just stumble unpon this forum and would like to get to know more people and share my journey in weightloss....

I believe there are many ways to loose weight but the most effective ones must be those which are sustainable.

Even since i was a kid ( teenage onwards ) i had weight problems. Mainly due to my eating habits. Went to the army and lost quite a bit of weight due to the vigorous physical training. However, after my army days , my weight shot up again and i couldn't control it for years.

My weight then was 100kg. ( im 1.7m tall )

When i was 25, someone told me about protein sparing diet. I knew it was very popular in the west. Being asian , i was a little sceptical but i tried anyway. The package consisted of protein powder, vitamins and other so call health food suppliments.

To my horror,I got even fatter due to the high protein diet which i was taking. I took all that was recommended in the package on top of my usual diet!!!

I was depress and demoralized even though i knew i had to loose those weight. ( i wanted to look good, i was only 25 then ) later, l realise that the slimming package that i bought was suppose to replace my normal meal and im suppose to eat just that!!! ( a little bit of normal food is allow though )

Well...to a food lover like me, this kind of lifestyle is not worth living for....haha.

Then i got innovative and started "designing" my own food group base on high protein and low carbohydrate. This allows me to eat the food i like to eat but of course i had to give up those which are bad for me. ( not difficult if you know how ) With that i can go eating what i like without putting on additional weight. ( believe me, there are many delicious high protein food around ) I also learn about the word ketosis and what it does for my body. With that, i went on to loose more than 10kg in a month and never look back since.

Today, almost 20years later. I am still very much in control of my weight at 75kg. I have not suffered from any of the symtoms many people asscociate with high protein intake. ( we can discuss that later )

I have learn to listen my body and know when i should stop munching on my favourite titbits....there is a correct formula to loss weight but only a practitioner of that formula can assure you success. Anything else is just hot air.

I'll be most willing to share with anyone who is serious about loosing weight without having to excercise yourself to death or go on a strict diet.

cheers,
rene

Secret Weight loss program for Holywood Stars

Hi,
For me the most effective weight loss program i have been on is the one below.
Don't spend your money on products that do not work. It has been shown on BBC and CBS as the most effective product.

Apparently it has been reported as the program been used by a lot of the Holywood stars. I am currently on this program and it is working like magic.
Visit their website below.

Some of the things I have practised

Hi everyone!

Below are some of the tips I have adopted.

Stop eating while you're busy. Don't eat while driving or doing other activities. Consume your food in relative tranquility, while taking your time to masticate well before swallowing. From now on pay attention to what you eat by carefully looking at your food before putting it in your mouth. Make an effort to control your food and not the food control you. The best way to control your food is not to finish what is on your plate. Yes, delicious or not, only eat 80% to 90% or less of your portion. It is simple steps like this that will help you lose weight naturally and faster.

Last edited:
Hello, I finally made it to a real forum!

Hi all,

I was looking all over the place a real place to learn and share. I'm happy to have found this place. So, now I start reading!

I must be an idiot... I just want to post my daily food intake and progress and I haven't a clue where I can create my own little world. I see something about a diary and that sounds GREAT! if I only knew how to get to it. There's so many options to choose from, I don't know where to go!!! I really would hate to give up before I start! haha... Well I wouldn't go that far, but how could I resist throwing it out there! So can someone PLEASE tell me what to do, where to go, how to get there... etc? Yes I am a woman and that is why I am asking for directions! heehee... ;)

wanting more than change

I have NO clue if this is where or how I post a NEW topic conversation where I can post updates on myself. I'm looking for a place to keep track of my daily food intake and exercise. I AM wanting more than change, I want RESULTS. I have trained with the best, I know what to do, I just want to be accountable for doing so.

My problem is, I'm a stategist. I'm spontaneous, easy-going, intellectually curious, use objective thinking to solve issues, bright, logical and individualistic.... however, I do tend to forget practical issues such as paying the bills and shopping for food!

Here's my thing. It's VERY good to learn your personality type to help with creating a plan that is right for you.

BBC - Science & Nature - Human Body and Mind - Mind - What Am I Like?

That's the link to the test I took which pretty much nailed it. Like I said I'm a strategist which means I like to get to the heart of things on my OWN and come up with innovative solutions. I analyze situations with a skeptical eye and develop ways of measuring everything, including myself. But I also am a big thinker of solutions, but not much for following through! So I have to learn to change this! This is where I need help.

I love to come up with ideas and I’ll even go as far as making a list so that I can manage my plan, but I won’t follow through with it. I’m too spontanious and get bored easily with routine. So... Here’s my plan. Haha! LMAO

I love making a difference in peoples lives. I’ve been that girl and still am that girl who looks at success stories and say WOW, wish that was me. I’m going to get there and I want to document how I do it.

I don’t mean to be selfish about it, but if I have too many opinions on what to do, I’ll say forget it, it’s wasting my time. I’m REALLY bad to cut off communication if it overwhelms me. So, I want a small tight network of people involved.

• I want 4 people to fill these spots:
- someone to go to when I have questions on what to do when I’m stuck. (basically a trainer)
- someone who is exactly the same way that I am and wants it just as bad as I do, prefer a girl (a friend)
- someone who HAS done it, prefer a girl (an encourager )
- someone who is BRUTALLY honest with me, prefer a man (a jerk to put it bluntly)

That’s what I want to start out with. And just so you know, I like honesty and I don’t consider people jerks because of it. I think people can be honest with me but I’m looking for a challenge. I win people over very easily and because I have such a sweet sincere personality I find that people spare my feelings. And I can spot a faker quick! I need a guy for this because honestly as women, we don’t have it in us. We either become friends or enemies and as friends we can be honest but we’re considerate. As enemies, we’ll say things to purposely tear down someone’s moral. SO... I want a guy to be my jerk.

I would like it to become a tight group and develop a relationship with each person through email and phone. I doubt I’ll end up with anyone close enough hang out with and workout with which is a good thing. I don’t want one single person to be closer than another.

Thank you for taking the time to read my post or more less AD! Haha... I hope it works!

I just joined this site. I've been trying to lose weight now for a 3 months, and was doing quite well (lost 20lbs) but then I got a really bad sinus infection, and really stressed with work and stopped exercising and watching my intake. So I gained 4lbs back, and that threw me off.
Now I'm a bit stuck in a rut of non-motivation and thought that maybe joining a forum/site like this may help.

Hello Everyone

Hello Everyone, today is my first day on a forum. I thought I would give this a try because I need motivation. I use to workout everyday because I had easy access to equipment and lots of support. Now since I changed jobs I went from a highly active job to a desk job. Needless to say my weight has gotten out of control because I don't workout hardly ever and my diet is bad. I am addicted to carbohydrates and soda. My new job is mentally exhausting and I work long hours. I am looking for some advice to adapt to my new lifestyle and get the motivation to become active again. Any advice?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back