Where to start, What to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey I just joined this forum and so far it looks like it is going to be so helpful. My goal is to lose 25 pounds and to live my life in a healthy way. I am going to start tomorrow but I feel like I do this cycle constantly where I get motivated to start eating better and exercising and then I screw it up. I have a really hard time drinking Coke constantly and that is one thing I am going to cut out. I also want to try the trick of eliminating any white foods from my diet like sugar and flour... I would appreciate all the support and help I can get!

health

hi every body,

Lewis.

[I AM A SPAMMER}

Last edited by a moderator:
New and motivated

Hi everyone. I would say I need to lose about twenty pounds, but wouldn't mind a little more. I am a 40 year old mother of one 8 year old, and my weight has been creeping up over the years. I work out every day of the week, but my main issue is food (I love to cook) and alcohol (I love wine).

Starting yesterday I am cutting all alcohol out of my diet Sunday through Thursday. I am also cutting out most "bad" carbs and trying to concentrate on proteins and vegetables.

Bathing suit season is upon us. I hope to lose this weight by June 15. Any advice? I already do anywhere from 60-90 minutes of cardio per day, plus long walks with the dog, so exercise is not my problem.

Newbee

hi there, my name is tabytha, i am 5' even and have just started "dieting" when in all actuality i am trying to live a better live. i have lost 5 lbs my first week and that takes me to where im at now. so 160 lbs is obese for a short girl like me...i need to be about 110. my bmi is 32..needs to be 19 i think. so i am looking for some support-advise- and things that have worked. i look foward to learning alot from everyone.:biggrinjester:

duke university rice diet

hi everyone im new.........anyone have a sample menu of the duke unviersity rice diet? or any imput on their success or failure with it? any help would be appreciated. thanks have a great day!

Have just joined here. very much looking forward to being part of this community. Ive got some weight to shift, hopefully i can get help here.
Cheers from sunny Dublin
Ah the Emerald Isle
:)

Hi everyone, just stopping by to say hi. :waving: I'm certain I will be relying on this site to keep me motovated.

Hi

Hi to everyone. I'm new on here and I'm sure I'll bump into you all on some of the threads.
bye for now.
Jen

Hi,

I am a newcomer from Amsterdam in The Netherlands. I am 5 10 and 15 stone. It's weird as I am quite fit having run a half marathon this year, going to the gym all the time and cycling around the city. However since I stopped smoking I can't seem to stop putting weight on. Its two stone in 15 months and rising. I am not eating differently than before...

Any advice? I can't afford to start smoking again :D

Cheers

Damtrader

Reply to Damtrader

Hi Damtrader,
Congratulations on giving up smoking:hurray:...don't go back to it. Everyone seems to put weight on when they give up the cigarettes. Your taste buds are more alert. There doesn't seem to be any reason why you are putting weight on as you aren't eating differently and you're exercising???? You may need to look at what it is you are eating because somehow (in my experience) smoking keeps the weight off a bit so if the food stays the same and the smoking stops, the weight goes on. Does that make sense?
Keep us all informed. Anyone else got any tips or ideas? I'd be interested to know too.
Jen
:willy_nilly:

Hi, Im new here - i always weighed around 60 kgs and in the last 2 years put on 17kgs! been ignoring the problem for a while but now the suns coming out feel frumpy and flabby and tired - i just cant stick to dieting on my own thought i'd give the forum a try to help with motivation.

Hi Biba,:waving:
You sound just as I do. Its amazing really how many of us are dissatisfied with our weight. I tend to read a few posts to get the motivation because by doing that you realise then that you're not on your own. I think knowing that is a good place to start to get the motivation to carry on losing.
Try it out and read some posts.
Hope that helps.
Jen

I am now in my late 20's, 5'6 in height and I weigh about 72 kgs. Is this an ideal weight for me?

I really need help on where to start.

Hello everyone

Hi... I am new here and also new in joining a forum discussion. It took me about 30 minutes to look for this page where there is a title on top of it.

Anyway, I intend to lose about 6kg by the end of June because i will be going on a holiday and wish to have a bikini body by then.

This is a great place for motivation. Great stories from people with the same problems and hope to gradually get to know the members here.

Help, A damsel in distress

Hello to all

I'm very much new here. I would like to know, how do you maintain a healthy body if your work requires you to render service in the night shift? I will appreciate advise that you can give.

Thanks.

Hi - I am new here also and have been lurking through the site for the last few weeks. I think I am going to develop a personal page so I can really get engaged (which will surely help me on this journey. Please keep me in your positive thoughts - I have about 70 pounds to lose and this time .... I WILL!

One More Thing

Thanks for all of the great advice that has been dispersed here - when you are at the beginning of this type of journey, you need lots of input. So glad I found this place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back