Where to start, What to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone, I just joined and I am a noob in every sense. I'm 31 yrs old and about 350 lbs. I don't have a scale, but I've been floating around that weight for the last 6 months or so. Anyway, I have NEVER seriously tried to diet or exercise to lose weight. I've always been overweight, but never cared much to change it. For some reason that's changed. Also, I've never used a forum before, so I'm not even sure if I'm doing this right LOL, but we'll see soon won't we? Anyway, any help, tips, advice, or encouragement anyone might have is WELCOME! And if I'm lucky, I'll figure out how to read them. =) Oh, I've found FitDay and love it. I'm looking forward to journaling my food intake and activity.

Good luck to everyone else who is on their journey to a healthier fitter self.
Hi Sandei

Im jealous! If you've never dieted before your odds of doing it successfully are much much greater!

If us yo yo ers could have one thing, it would be to start again, with what we know now. Unfortunately once you've tried and failed a few times, you're no longer "on a level playing field" - well you are, but its called a plateau ....

Good luck! (hey but you wont need it :)

hi i am dr.ashwin from india 27years. i am just a beginner. iam 165lbs in weight now for 170cms height. i need to reduce it to 140lbs within 4 months. i have bought myself a treadmill ( powered)and dunno where to start and what type of workout to do on treadmill. so i am here. i have streamlined my diet to. so i am looking for a regimen for workout on a treadmill to loose weight basically

happy to see u all here

Hello

Hello,
I'm new here. I'm 33 years old, 166cm and 86 kg. I was down to 83 kg in August, but then I shot back up again. My goal is to weigh 69kg by July, 2009.

New To WLF - Hope To Find Many Friends

Just dropping a quick note but I plan to hang around much more. I hope I find many friends and we can accomplish our weight loss goals together.

Where I started

I am not so much into the "diet" thing. As soon as I start denying myself something, I want it more, then I eat it, then I feel guilty and then I say what the hell I am going to eat the whole dang pan.

This is what I am doing. I am making an effort to eat healthy most of the time and I am exercising. The exercising has been the fun part! I also started a blog to keep me accountable, motivated and honest. You can read about my exercising adventures and weight loss epiphanies at:

LINK DELETED

I have a lot of friends who are on this journey with me and I would love some fresh input. I would love reading and posting your comments, stories, frustrations and successes!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Everyone! I'm really excited to have found this site!

I'm a 37 year old woman who has been overweight for the past 30 years! That is scary! I'm really looking for advice, support and friendship to help me get control of food, and not let it control me!

All comments and advice would be welcomed, and I'm looking forward to becoming an active member of this group!

Take care everyone

Jeanette
Glastonbury, England

lost...

Is what I am feeling at the moment. This is my first visit here. I would like to lose the 50lbs that I have gained since my wedding in 2002. I am scheduled for knee replacement surgery which should occur in about 4-5 months (I live in a foriegn country where you have to wait your turn) and it would sure be helpful for my recovery if I could lose weight before then. It is difficult because all the supports I have ever found helpful are not available to me here. We moved here 4 years ago. Trying to adjust to the food here has not done much for the weight struggle. I am now trying to find my way around this site. Just reading what others are writing seems to feel motivating.
I hope that I can become familarized with how this works. I am an American, female, grandmother. Hello to all!

New

Hello everyone, and happy new year! I'm new here to this site and have never been part of a forum before, and I'm hoping that this will help me stick to my weight loss goals. Everyone here seems so genuinely nice, it's refreshing to see that there are people out there with good hearts. I look forward to becoming a part of this "family"!

Hello All!

After reading most of the posts here I feel inspired to know that there are lots of fighters out there!! I am glad to have joined this group. I think it will help me alot with my weightloss goals. Thanks to all for the inspiration!!

Hi all!
I'm new here as well. I am 29 year old a mother of 3 and married to a wonderful man. I have fought with my weight for years. 3 years ago i had a break through with my weight, but not too long after reaching my goal I had a surgery. Within a month the weight started coming back. I have tried the diet I was on before with no luck. I'm hoping to start of the New Year with a fresh mind set with this forum. I've always done better with support. My husband is delpoyed right now so I am turning to you guys for help. Hope to chat with some of you soon.

~FtHood Wife~

Hey there! I am also hoping this forum will help me stay on track! I used to frequent a forum on the lab-band site since it was the only one I had ever found... but since I'm not considering surgery I like this one way better! :biggrinjester:

I figure this is a good "start" to the new year, and a place to help visualize food and exercise goals! I am also looking forward to spending more time here with you all!

Steffie60

Hi,

I just signed up for the forum. I am in deep water. My boyfriend and I are going to the island 2/7/09, no problem. The problem is I'm trying to lose weight by then. I started the acai ultra burn/colon xR yesterday. The biggest step is going back to the gym after 3 months of break, and xtra lbs. I'm 5'7', 193 lbs yesss 193 lbs(LOL). Has anyone tried the acai berry pills yet?:cheers2::cheers2:(the cheers are my problem) Thanks....

Hi,
I am Foodoholik, I have 240 lbs, and only 6 feet tall, I have tried all kind of treatments for last 5 years,and all of it had just temporeraly efekt. It isn not hard for me to exercize or to eat les, it is hard when I stop doing that!! I'm desperate. My wife told me that I'm so fat like hypopotamus.

Hi

I looked at your pic's and you look great...I'm so happy for you...Thank you for your Thread on here...You have probably have helped so many...Thank you again and God Bless

I've been here for about a few hours and have learned so much, I'll try to read everything! Thanks everyone for the tips. :driving:

Thank you! Your post was very helpful. This is my first day to this site. I am new to all of this. That calorie counter seems very helpful. But it seems that I cannot eat enough calories in the day which I know can make it difficult to lose weight also. It is around 2:30 in the afternoon and I am at 300 calories.

Hello All,
Donna here. Found this place among all the others, and thought this to be a good one. I gave up smoking 5 weeks ago, after 33 years. Along with that, I gained 20 pounds in the 5 weeks. I am over the withdraw area and now I am working on the weight. So far, I have lost 5.5 lbs. I look at it as every ounce lost, will add up to the pounds not needed. : )

Glad to be aboard.

Hi everyone,

I am new to this site and so far I have to say everything looks great! I look forward to sharing hints and tips in the future :)

Jess xx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back