What motivates you?

It came as a shock to me when I started gaining weight at 18. I had no health problems before that. My goal was not to have a beautiful body but to be healthy. I hurt my back at work, and I needed the training to strengthen my body.

I'm wondering about the little things you do that actually get you to exercise and measure and track your food, put down the cake, etc.

For example, when I first started with MFP about 4 weeks ago, I took a picture of myself in a bikini, printed it out, and put it on the fridge. I plan to do it again once I reach my mini goal and put it next to the first one. I will do this every 5 lbs until I reach my goal weight/measurements.

On the wall in front of the space where I workout, I've printed out a picture of a celebrity body that I resemble when I'm in my best shape. I've already looked like this so I'm not going after an unattainable ideal. I've cut off the head and have thought about pasting my own face on it. I've read about this trick in diet books. I look at this body when I'm working out, especially if I feel my energy slumping.

I also have 2 signs on that wall that say, "just do it" and "you're going to feel great after it's done." So far this wall technique has gotten me to workout 6 days a week. And i read fitness blogs and magazines; looking at perfect people can motivate more!!

Thank you for your response! I used to put motivational quotes on my phone screen saver, or nice body photos, but most of the time it just got in the way. I often think about bad things, so that doesn't work for me. Now I try to work out 3 times a week. Hopefully, I'll get better with time.

For me it is that I miss the attention I was getting was I was fit and thin, yes I know I am an attention seeker :D:D:D:D:D:D

That was 2 years ago? I guess... so how about now? o_O

What motivates me, is to stay healthy as much as possible, keep out from the disease and illness...

What motivates me the most is being able to ride and be good on it.

See this guy's overcoming example

Last edited:
Back