What is the best Pre-workout supplement?

a cup of green tea, black tea, mate tea or even coffee has worked better than any of the "Endurance boosters" I've wasted loads of money on.

My friend uses Avora Energy

He says it works really well for a pre workout.

Anyone else tried it?

I just bought this pre-workout the other day from my local nutrition store. It is from Empyrean Nutrition and its called Beta-Peptide. This pre-workout is the best tasting pre-workout that i have ever had. I get a good pump in the gym and I feel like a could spend another hour working out.

Always found that hydration was key. And drinking some right before the workout isn't enough. I like to drink about 1-1.5 gallons of cool water through the course of the day before the gym, and make sure I keep up with that even on non-training days. Lately I like to add some coconut water to my jug. Maybe 4oz per gallon of water.

I took N.O.Explode a few years back, and found that, yes, while it did make me feel a bit more excited to go work out, I can't say if that wasn't just a placebo effect. What I CAN say with absolute certainty, is that it made the rush to the locker-room bathroom a freaking EMERGENCY. Since then, along with the warning that "Do not take this more than x weeks in a row etc" I have ceased taking it.

^Well said, just drink a sip of water once in a while, when my mouth gets dry. Not too much or you get cramps and stuff...

W/out a second's hesitation...ARGININE!

I'm not aware of any single supplement which has the # of benefits that arginine does. Before any jerk say "It don't build no mussel bro!" - there is no supplement in existence which will "build muscle" not even steroids which are IMO the biggest joke ever dumped on the world besides nuclear weapons are necessary for world peace. You can drive your T:E ratio up to 1,500ng/dl and never build an ounce of muscle unless your busting your ass deadlifting 150%+ of your bw. Arginine does, however, w/out a doubt significantly increase blood circulation through vasodilation, increase gh blood plasma levels, & many, many other benefits.

Creatine will increase intra-cellular water though in all fairness but quickly vanishes upon cessation of use much like "MASS" steroids which only cause massive edema NOT lbm growth. Except at least w/ creatine you haven't suppressed endogenous hormonal (HPTA) for a long time before normal hormonal functions return (even w/ PCT).

Deadlift, deadlift & more deadlifts! 90% of person's muscle gains are directly in proportion to how much (weight & volume) they deadlift. Nothing else comes close or matters.

Attachments

• DL great form.jpg
    DL great form.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 2,178
Your claims about arginine..well, you already experience vasodilation as soon as you begin exercise, so that point is kinda null. As for increase HGH levels, nothing is conclusive in that matter, and there's a good chance that supplementing arginine for that purpose is just another thing that works only in theory.

Anyway, arginine should be part of your regular diet anyway. If you intake any protein, you're already getting arginine, and supplementing with extra is unlikely to have any significant effect on muscle growth.

Your claims about arginine..well, you already experience vasodilation as soon as you begin exercise, so that point is kinda null. As for increase HGH levels, nothing is conclusive in that matter, and there's a good chance that supplementing arginine for that purpose is just another thing that works only in theory.

Anyway, arginine should be part of your regular diet anyway. If you intake any protein, you're already getting arginine, and supplementing with extra is unlikely to have any significant effect on muscle growth.

The last impression I wanna give is some internet punk know-it-all but...there's just too much medical evidence not to conclude that supplemental arginine is going to have literally huge positive health effects, including increased exercise results. I am not by any stretch of the imagination alleging that arginine will independently stimulate more muscular growth that a placebo. An study using arginine won a Nobel Peace Prize which isn't given carelessly.

Arginine has had a dramatic positive effect on my exercise program & health in general.

As I said there's just way too much evidence not to conclude that arginine is most likely THE most incredible supplement available.

The only substance I rate above arginine is PHENIBUT.
Arginine gives me significant stomach pains & annoying somewhat minor headaches. Also its definitely not for people w/ chronic low blood b/p because such a person would probably end up in the < 80/60 range w/in a few hours after ingestion which is dangerous.

Your pre-workout supplement will have been the food you ate a few hours before, or even the days prior. Fats can take up to 4 hours to digest and be in your system, protein up to 2 hours, carbohydrate up to 1/2 hour if complex, obviously far less if simple. All but the simple sugars will be longer durations if you stuff yourself.
If you take a mass of sugar before a workout your body will usually produce a mass of insulin to lock it away, leaving you depleted. There are various chemical aids to affect metabolism etc. but your body will produce these effects as needed when you train regularly anyway so there is very little if any noticeable gain.
If you find something that works for you the likelihood is that it is psychosomatic, and that is worth its weight in gold, because the mind thinking you can do more will aid training immensely.

Creatine and BCAA's are the only pre workout supplements I've ever used. BCAA's only because I train fasted and they stimulate protein synthesis while preventing the brake down of skeletal muscle for protein. While fasting obviously not any kind of pre workout supplement, I've found training in a fasted state dramatically increases my focus. Sleep is something else that shouldn't be compromised.

read more about it .

Supplements are used to develop your body and fitness. Supplements include vitamins, minerals, nutrients, fiber, iron and acids that are used to boost energy, build stamina, grow bones, strong muscles and improve fitness. Omega-3, Creatine are best pre-workout supplemnts.

i had never used a pre-workout supplement until last week. I always just worried about the meal I ate.
I used a supplement called Jacked (Its well named). It worked extremely well for me,
second, it contains: Glucose, Dextrose, Micronised Creatine Monohydrate, L-Glutamine, L-Leucine, HMB, Taurine, L-Valine, L-Isoleucine, flavors/colors

so its MORE than creatine. Not everyone wants 50g of pure sugar in their creatine supplement. Plus the glutamine is worthless, Taurine is just a stimulant, and the leucine/valine and isoleucine should be found in all the meat you eat anyways.

Plus you think supplements really stimulates muscle growth... BCAA is one of the best supplements to use. It's true that you need more than a few grams to really benefit.yes at last i would say glutamine is worthless?

Last edited by a moderator:

Attachments

• 1001860_152480051611064_1756689658_n.jpg
    1001860_152480051611064_1756689658_n.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 210
  • 1234986_162166980642371_2138246028_n.jpg
    1234986_162166980642371_2138246028_n.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 172
  • 1236957_162167280642341_1239854814_n.jpg
    1236957_162167280642341_1239854814_n.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 318
  • 1256491_162166837309052_312574215_n.jpg
    1256491_162166837309052_312574215_n.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 683
bananas and a glass of Spark water(fruit punch is my favorite flavor)

Back