What is the best Pre-workout supplement?

I have been using N.O.-Explode since September of 2006. When I first started using it, it worked great. After taking it for 12 weeks I stopped for 4 weeks then went back on it. I have been repeating this cycle. I just started a new cycle of N.O. yesdterday and it doesnt seem to be having an effect at all on me. I need something that will give me energy and focus before my workouts. If any one has any suggestions, I would appreciate it.

while we're talking about that... what is an optimal pre-workout meal with just regular food?

I have always thought it to be like brown rice and a protein shake..? eat the brown rice an hour before and slam the shake right before you go in... that's what I think... is that good?

I usually have go lean cereal and the protein shake.

hey, i like to use kre alkylyne. Its a ph correct form of creatine, which prevents water retention and bloating, and is safe for everybody.

I had never used a pre-workout supplement until last week. I always just worried about the meal I ate.
I used a supplement called Jacked (Its well named). It worked extremely well for me, but then I don't
have a lot of experience with this category of supplements and I have only used it for a week.

I had never used a pre-workout supplement until last week. I always just worried about the meal I ate.
I used a supplement called Jacked (Its well named). It worked extremely well for me, but then I don't
have a lot of experience with this category of supplements and I have only used it for a week.

Provides ultra-intense muscle gorging strength, energy, power and endurance
For a stimulating effect to the body and mind

HAHAHAHAHA

The only thing that got jacked was your wallet.

Anthony,
first off, it looks like your musashi creatine is only sold in Australia...so most members here have no access to it.

second, it contains: Glucose, Dextrose, Micronised Creatine Monohydrate, L-Glutamine, L-Leucine, HMB, Taurine, L-Valine, L-Isoleucine, flavors/colors

so its MORE than creatine. Not everyone wants 50g of pure sugar in their creatine supplement. Plus the glutamine is worthless, Taurine is just a stimulant, and the leucine/valine and isoleucine should be found in all the meat you eat anyways.

End result: Musashi creatine is just another grossly overpriced supplement that has a few useful items in it, and a lot of useless crap.

Plus you think it stimulates muscle growth...

Malkore I don't agree with you with the ingredients part. Not supporting that product, just some of the ingredients.
BCAA is one of the best supplements to use. It's true that you need more than a few grams to really benefit.
And why do you say glutamine is worthless?

Malkore I don't agree with you with the ingredients part. Not supporting that product, just some of the ingredients.
BCAA is one of the best supplements to use. It's true that you need more than a few grams to really benefit.
And why do you say glutamine is worthless?

Unless you can PROVE to me that you have a an amino acid deficiency, or are a professional athlete, the BCAA's just aren't useful to the average person who works out.

Why do you say glutamine isn't worthless? Everything I've read on it (in terms of real scientific research studies) found it did NOTHING for athletes. Burn victims, cancer/AIDS patients...it can be beneficial, but that's it.
And if you do want glutamine in the diet, just eat more red meat and cottage cheese...they're both pretty rich in glutamine.

Unless you can PROVE to me that you have a an amino acid deficiency, or are a professional athlete, the BCAA's just aren't useful to the average person who works out.

Why do you say glutamine isn't worthless? Everything I've read on it (in terms of real scientific research studies) found it did NOTHING for athletes. Burn victims, cancer/AIDS patients...it can be beneficial, but that's it.
And if you do want glutamine in the diet, just eat more red meat and cottage cheese...they're both pretty rich in glutamine.

Eat real food?? Are you crazy?? If it doesn't come from GNC it can't possibly help build muscle. :)

I'm starting to like it here. Thought this thread was dead.
SXIPro - I agree with you, although you are ironic.

Malkore. I'm not talking about deficiency. I'm talking about benefits of BCAA.
Story. My story. Over 10 years of weight lifting and at least 5 years of clean diet(not a bulk eater). 2 years ago, while on a moderate-low carb diet, moderate-low protein and moderate-high fat I started to use BCAA before training(15gr) and in the morning(5gr). Other than this my usual post workout and multivitamin supplement. Diet relatively the same in the last 6 months.
Results after 2 months of BCAA added to my diet. 5kg of lean muscle and a bit skinnier. Recovery was much faster and I could see a visible effect on performance in the gym(weight lifting) and on my 100meters sprints.

So, I'm talking from my own experience.
Also I would advice anyone who try to use bcaa, to start with small amounts and increase in time. ;)

About glutamine. Are you talking about studies. I like studies, but do you have any experience with glutamine for more than a few weeks/months to say it is useless?
Also I don't like to eat to much meat or dairy products(except yogurt).

As said I like and enjoy any valuable information as long as it is sustained both by studies and experience(practice).

Hope you can see my point of view.

Thanks

I used to take glutamine back in its hey-day. I never noticed any benefits from it, especially when I stopped using it.

And yes, there are many studies out there on glutamine specifically, and also arginine since they are really popular aminos in the marketing world.

That said, taking BCAA's won't hurt you either. If the cost isn't outside your budget and you want to take them, take them. Just don't take more than you need/label instructions say to take.

You might be enough of an athlete that they help you, but I still maintain that's beyond the 'average person' in America at least :)

Jack3d in fact dilates your blood vessels allowing better blood flow, with this your muscles have more oxygen flowing to them, which stimulates them allowing more endurance and strength.

Please read up/experiment before you give ill advice, and be pretentious about it.

Back