Weight Loss Diary 2017 - Goal 1-0-5

Hey Misty, thanks for the very informative update.

Good to see that you are walking, that is great exercise and should help you feel better. I am sure you will figure out the right thing to do on the dating front. Hope you can get your stress levels down, stress is never helpful.

Hang in there girl!

Happy Canada day!

Thanks for your informative post, always interesting to read. Good to see you are walking, that is great exercise, and I am sure you will do the right thing on the dating front.

Best of luck with your therapist thing.

Stress plays out in so many ways & we should do what we can to lessen it. I have woken up a bit blank this morning & am struggling to find the right words. I may still be half asleep :blush5: I really just wanted to say "Hi, hon xoxo"

A hello is always always appreciated, love you xoxo

Happy Canada day!

Thanks for your informative post, always interesting to read. Good to see you are walking, that is great exercise, and I am sure you will do the right thing on the dating front.

Best of luck with your therapist thing.

Thanks so much Rob!

You know that joke they say - A Canadian asks an American, "you know what day it is?" on July 1st. The American responds with. " it's three days away from July 4th" lol

Sending love to you xoxo

My weight has been very stubborn - and I don't even know why! I have been walking daily. At least 10K steps or more.

I have been stalled at 114lbs :/

I guess I will now need to work harder on a calorie deficit.

A lot has happened since July 2nd, it seems.

- I have gotten off the birth control pill again and have cleaned up my diet. The water weight has dropped. I am going to give it my all to ovulate and get a period.
- My boss is driving me insane, so I have been actively looking and networking. Company may also be going through layoffs.
- Seven more lbs away from my goal weight but I would honestly be happy even dropping 4lbs and be at 108lbs, like I was last year

CW: 112lbs

Hey Misty, good to hear from you!

Congrats on the weight loss, you are clearly doing something right.

Good luck with your boss and job things, I know that can be stressful.

How are you feeling? Reading between the lines you sound better.

Hi, hon. You do sound more positive & “ready to rumble”. Your boss is probably under heaps of stress. I would hate to be back in our last business right now. I think we would have gone under as we didn’t really make much money. Certainly not enough to tide us over tough times.
Stay well my friend. It’s nice to hear from you xoxo

It's been a while, it's gotten busier. I have, unfortunately, gained 4 lbs. But I am still trying.
  • Been interviewing at a couple of places (finally, though interview rounds are very long, 4-5 rounds with different people
  • Trying to give up coffee, not working, will try again tomorrow
  • Period is MIA but working on it (long-term game)
  • Naturopath has said to maintain blood sugar balance, I need to stick to three meals a day. I am finding that hard to do with all the after-hours work I am doing trying to find a new job but I will get into the swing of it
  • Boss has said I am not doing enough - so I am trying to take on more projects to keep him happy until I exit, while managing job applications and interviewing - it has been busy in that sense
CW: 116lbs

Good luck with the job thing. Three meals a day is not a bad thing to do. I really eat four, my evening snack has evolved into a fourth meal. For me so long as I stay on track with calories it seems to work.

Good to see you posting again.

Hey Misty, thanks for the very informative update.

Good to see that you are walking, that is great exercise and should help you feel better. I am sure you will figure out the right thing to do on the dating front. Hope you can get your stress levels down, stress is never helpful.

Hang in there girl!

Thanks Rob! Your pic is looking so good!!!! <3

Life has been very busy - job hunting has been taking a lot of time up. I need to be more aggressive as well.

I am keeping my hopes up. I did not get the first job I interviewed for but made it to final rounds (which was sort of an accomplishment). I am interviewing with one more company and still looking. I am trying not to stress and keeping my hopes up. My company just announced 4000+ layoffs in North America. They gave us the option to leave voluntarily but the package isn't substantial. So I am taking my chances for either being laid off or seeing if they let me stay. My gut says I won't stay but the good thing is I have been looking for work for a couple months now and am in the swing of it.

Re: weight, I have not kept track but recently have gotten more strict with food. I was eating too much prior to. I have promised myself to at least get down to 110lbs this month. At least. end goal is still 105lbs.

Also, in good news, I got my period back after being on the pill for almost a year. That is one step towards progress. I now need to work on regulating it. To that end, just trying to eat healthy, get rest, and of course, cutting back on caffeine.

CW: 115lbs

It's been a while. I had to focus on life a bit. In good news, I managed to make a lateral move to another company and want to stay with them a bit and see what happens, at least once COVID lets up. Jobs have opened up more now but when I was applying the pickings were slim. But glad I made the move. The job is very fast paced and more demanding in that way but its a much healthier atmosphere.

Re: health, so I have finally figured out a big piece of the puzzle. It just clicked. My gut is not absorbing nutrients, which is affecting thyroid, periods, hair, everything. I'm working on healing my gut, it's as always, a slow and restrictive process as I need to eat foods gentle on my stomach and need to then work on a few months of rebuilding stomach acid levels, but after three-four years of focusing on the symptoms, I am happy to have something I can actually believe in. I got off the birth control pill and am not looking back for now. My period came back and while still a bit irregular, I am hopeful that as I heal my gut, I will heal that too. I've often said to doctors, I feel like I am not absorbing my nutrition. And that has exactly what has been happening. I feel like it's still a long road, and I need to rule out a few gut issues still but happy to be able to identify what is throwing everything off.

Re: dating, I got back in after nearly a year off but am facing the same insecurities. Sort of realize I need to get back to a healthier weight, so started working on that.

Re: side hustle, in the works as I would like to move into a bigger apartment & rent is higher.

Current: 116.8lbs
Goal: 105lbs
To go: 11.6 lbs

Hi, Misty. That all sounds really promising. It would be a wonderful thing if healing your gut could be the answer to so many of your health issues. Glad you made the move to a job that has a better culture. It's lovely hearing from you xoxo

Hey Misty, good to see you back! And you sound better, still working on things but better. Figuring out the gut problem is great, and starting to date again is positive. It must be hard to date right now with all the restrictions...

Stick with us a while!

Hi, Misty. That all sounds really promising. It would be a wonderful thing if healing your gut could be the answer to so many of your health issues. Glad you made the move to a job that has a better culture. It's lovely hearing from you xoxo

As always, Cate, lovely hearing from you too!! Yes, it feels like a breathe of fresh air at the new place. I was needing the change as my last boss had me in tears during nearly every 1:1. My new boss is on top of her game but I feel she's a bit more reasonable.

Hey Misty, good to see you back! And you sound better, still working on things but better. Figuring out the gut problem is great, and starting to date again is positive. It must be hard to date right now with all the restrictions...

Stick with us a while!

Yes, Rob. Dating is very hard right now b/c there is not much going on in life and conversations fizzle out very fast. I can normally keep up a good conversation via text but I am finding that very hard to do. If I do start seeing someone, I'd have to ask if they have experienced any COVID symptoms. It is a process for sure but let's see how it goes. Pfizer is said to have a vaccine that is 90% effective, not sure when it will get to us but we need something. Also, as always, so happy to hear from you =)

Back