Vic’s Weight Loss

Thanks, Llama.

My sis cancelled our New Year’s Eve getogether. I already bought the groceries to make the app. So I’ll just eat it for lunch. Sticky shrimp lettuce wraps. Almost went to Panera for a salad.

Had a coffee with creamer and Splenda from McDonald’s and a banana for breakfast.

Tomorrow I’m going to weigh myself for the New Years. Don’t want to. It’s gonna be high. My mom leaves in 10 days.

I went to the gym and walked for 6 min. Then I did some weight machines. Might go back later.

Today is a mild winter day. No snow in forecast for next ten days. Hasn’t snowed yet for winter.

Late lunch of a salad with sg poppyseed dressing.

Last edited:
Well done going to the gym on NYE but what a shame your sister cancelled. Good thing you hadn't bought lunch yet!

It is a shame your sister cancelled your NYE dinner, but well done on going to the gym & making the most of the cancellation.
I hope you have a happy & healthy New Year, Vic xoxo

Jan 1, 2023

CW: 150.2 lbs

Today I made it to the gym and walked around the tracks for 30 min and elliptical for 16 min. Will try to do a fitness video later today. Did a 10 min Latin dance… 10 min upper body… and 5 min core.

Everyone is sick by my sis so I am not going today to see them. Had some time for myself. Ended up cleaning up my kitchen and doing laundry. Will do the rest of the tasks later today.

My mom has her tik for next Monday to go back to STX. I began my fitness journey today. And my new diet.

Breakfast was just a coffee with creamer and Splenda from McDonald’s. Lunch was a salad and a banana. Early dinner was some 3 oz shrimp and corn, green beans, carrots and Lima beans. Dinner was half a turkey burger and some salad (lettuce, tomatoe,bell peppers, cucumber, carrots and onions) with sg poppyseed dressing. Then I also had broccoli rice and some carrots green beans Lima bean and corn. If I’m hungry later I’ll eat the other half of the turkey burger with some cauliflower rice (I’ve been staying up late).

I’m also trying to drink more plain water. So tomorrow morning I’ll bring water with me. I’ll refill by my sis.

Last edited:
No breakfast and just a salad for lunch? Unless that salad had some solid protein in it I'd be gnawing on a table leg by teatime!

Breakfast and lunch were late. I slept in till noon. I’m having my actual dinner a little later. Going to try to push it to 6 pm.

Tomorrow I have my tire appt early in the morning. I’m going to try to have breakfast before I go. Then I’ll dress for the gym so I can go after I visit my mom. These r the last few days with her so I’m going to make them count. Then when she leaves they will be no more excuses (I hope!).

I’m also going to bring my own food there… I’ll make something tonight so I don’t get tempted. And I will NOT go look at the snacks that the kids have. I love my snacks so that’s going to be hard.

Last edited:
Happy New Year Vic!!

I'm impressed you got to the gym on New Year's day, good for you!

Hope you don't catch whatever your sister has.
Happy New Year, Rob!!!

Thanks. This year I’m going to prioritize fitness. (And my diet.)

I think that I’m going to wake up a little earlier than usual to do a workout.

Sis just invited me to go to Browns tomorrow for lunch. Will just have clams. Or lobster. Haven’t decided.

Last edited:
150.2 lbs

Well did not accomplish any goals for this morning. Slept in late. So did not do a workout. Did not prepare my lunch. Did not eat breakfast. Went to McDonald’s for coffee since it was on the way to my appt.

Hopefully I’ll salvage my day by making better choices at lunch. Think I’ll have the lobster and I won’t have butter.

Breakfast was a slice of banana nut bread and a bite of a red velvet donut. Also a slice of Parisian bread and salami. Lunch/ dinner was a lobster pie. A few fries and a glass of moscato and a glass of red. Also had a slice of cake.

Went for a 10 min walk at a local park with my family. Went to the gym. I did 30 min on the elliptical and 45 min walking around the track. Might do a fitness video later.

I listened to time to walk. It can finally use my iPhone so I can hear it alot louder now.

Last edited:
Sleep is kind of wonderful but sleeping in always feels like a waste of daytime as well. I hope the extra sleep helped strengthen your resolve, at least.

Vic, once your Mum has gone back & you decide to get straight back into healthy eating I know that you can do it & that holiday gain will be gone. Having healthy food at home makes it much easier to make good choices.

Thanks, Cate. You are right. I will be able to eat healthier when my mom goes. Plus I’ll have so much time since I won’t have to go anywhere. So I can workout whenever.

151.2 lbs

Had an egg and half a slice of banana bread for breakfast. With a passion tea lemonade. Had another slice of banana bread. Had some hot Cheetos. Bite of lobster.

At my tire appt now. I’m going to try to skip lunch. Going to go to the gym after I’m done by my mom. Packed my bag so I won’t have to go home.

Went to the gym. Did an hour on treadmill and 10 min walking on track.

Last edited:
150.2 lbs

Today did not get up and go to the gym. I am at my moms this morning. I did prepare a gym bag so I’m all set for later. Kids began school again.

Had an egg and a slice of whole wheat bread. For Breakfast. Snack was a slice of banana bread. salad for lunch: romaine lettuce, tomatoe, red onion, cucumber and carrots. With sg poppyseed dressing. Dinner was 2 beef stick and a little shrimp fried rice.

Did 60 min on elliptical and 30 min of walking on track.

Last edited:
If you have the time and inclination to work out later in the day it may even be more efficient than early morning exercise. I just don't get off the couch if I don't do it early in the morning.

Yes, I prefer working out in the morning. Maybe when my mom leaves I’ll go back to waking up and go straight to the gym.

Back