Weight-Loss Vegetables, fruit & fresh herbs challenge (perpetual).

Weight-Loss

Cate

Long term member
This is a challenge, rather than a contest & hopefully, will encourage people to try new veggies or fruit. As a collective how many different kinds of vegetables can we eat? List what you had today. That's it. It's a very simple challenge. No pressure. Ask any questions you like, ie how to cook anything.
Today I ate or plan to eat later, in varying quantities-
avocado, beans, Bok Choy, broccoli, carrots, cauliflower, celery, chilli, garlic, nectarine, orange, parsley, pear, potato, snow peas, sweet potato, & tomatoes.
Go!

Last edited:
Hooray for a co-operative challenge! :hurray:
Today I ate: capsicum, lettuce (two different kinds), tomato, white radish, celery, orange and mango.

Today I ate: baby spinach, arugula, celery, apple, raspberries, blood orange, curly kale, bell pepper (half orange, half red), button mushrooms, and avocado. Haven't decided what to have for dinner yet.

I am in, but probably don't have access to the variety some of you do. Will take me a while to even get close to LaMa's count for today! It will be fun anyway.

Is this a measured thing? Do we have a score keeper? Not that I think we need to, just curious.

I had blueberries for breakfast, that's my start.

I will hopefully use this as motivation to eat more variety.
So far today--mixed frozen berries (blackberry, blueberry, raspberry, strawberry)
Carrot, savoy cabbage, onion, chickpeas
Probably won't have more variety than that but probably just more of that...

Oh i love this . Today
Blueberries , raspberries, kiwi, melon , grapes , small banana , small orange , peppers . Onion , peas , potatoes
Have frozen blueberries defrosting over night for breakfast.

Oh and I had a full raw carrot .

Hooray - another carroteer! :hurray: Such a good, crunchy snack!

lunch.jpg
I should have said chickpeas too, yesterday - I cooked them up to make the hummous (there, in that bowl) that went with the vegetables. :)

I should have said chickpeas too, yesterday
yes i wasn't sure if i should include them in my veggies--i don't really think of them as such, but whatever :)
That looks delicious amy!

You know i can't eat raw carrots! The only veggies i eat raw seem to be the fruit ones like tomatoes, cucumbers etc or leafy ones like lettuce.
but just can't get a raw carrot down.

This challenge will be really good for me to try and expand my meals a bit.

I haven't thought about adding chilli or garlic so far, but I eat them every day really. Do you think we should include fresh herbs as well? I wouldn't count dried ones. What's the consensus. At the start of next month, I will list all of our combined veggies etc in alphabetical order.

We have to count garlic and chilli in SW as speed foodvso yes should be included but I never thought of that

Oh in that case I had garlic, jalapeños, chickpeas, and pinto beans as well. And today I'm adding red kidney beans, raspberries, and mango to my total.

Yesterday I had blueberries, lettuce, broccoli, and peaches. Not much variety compared to some of y'all, but it was good.

Today I ate: orange, mango, tomato, celery, onion, chilli, and lots of mugwort, chopped up in my morning egg, done like a frittata. :)

(That's the plant sometimes called Chinese Mugwort - I don't know about the edibility of the European kind.)

Last edited:
Yesterday I had avocado, beans(green & pinto), bok choy, carrot, cauliflower, coriander, corn, garlic, lime, nectarine, onion, pear, prunes, spinach, strawberry, sweet potato & tomato. (I had a Mexican dish for lunch.)

Wow Cate such abundance and variety! I like the idea of including fresh herbs into the count.

So far today--potato, carrot, cabbage chickpeas...
I have to stock up my veggies hopefully today so maybe will try and get some variety. A lot of times I just go for cheapest rather than variety or what i want, but I'll try adding something new into the mix

I got stocked up on veggies today and can add to what I already had today--cauliflower and beans
Also had my mixed frozen berries again so raspberries, strawberries, blueberries, blackberries

My list is pretty small again today, but here it is peaches, lettuce and oranges. I am finding it hard to keep my protein up and eat as much fruit and veggies as I want.

Today I ate: orange, watermelon, banana, lettuce, tomato, celery, onion, chilli, and another good handful of Chinese Mugwort (which I now know is called artemisia argyi by the learned. :) )

Back