Weight-Loss Vegetables, fruit & fresh herbs challenge (perpetual).

Weight-Loss

Cate

Support crew
This is a challenge, rather than a contest & hopefully, will encourage people to try new veggies or fruit. As a collective how many different kinds of vegetables can we eat? List what you had today. That's it. It's a very simple challenge. No pressure. Ask any questions you like, ie how to cook anything.
Today I ate or plan to eat later, in varying quantities-
avocado, beans, Bok Choy, broccoli, carrots, cauliflower, celery, chilli, garlic, nectarine, orange, parsley, pear, potato, snow peas, sweet potato, & tomatoes.
Go!

Last edited:

aiminglow

Hooray for a co-operative challenge! :hurray:
Today I ate: capsicum, lettuce (two different kinds), tomato, white radish, celery, orange and mango.

LaMaria

Today I ate: baby spinach, arugula, celery, apple, raspberries, blood orange, curly kale, bell pepper (half orange, half red), button mushrooms, and avocado. Haven't decided what to have for dinner yet.

alligatorob

Respected Member
I am in, but probably don't have access to the variety some of you do. Will take me a while to even get close to LaMa's count for today! It will be fun anyway.

Is this a measured thing? Do we have a score keeper? Not that I think we need to, just curious.

I had blueberries for breakfast, that's my start.

liza

I will hopefully use this as motivation to eat more variety.
So far today--mixed frozen berries (blackberry, blueberry, raspberry, strawberry)
Carrot, savoy cabbage, onion, chickpeas
Probably won't have more variety than that but probably just more of that...

Petal001

Oh i love this . Today
Blueberries , raspberries, kiwi, melon , grapes , small banana , small orange , peppers . Onion , peas , potatoes
Have frozen blueberries defrosting over night for breakfast.

Oh and I had a full raw carrot .

aiminglow

Hooray - another carroteer! :hurray: Such a good, crunchy snack!

lunch.jpg
I should have said chickpeas too, yesterday - I cooked them up to make the hummous (there, in that bowl) that went with the vegetables. :)

liza

I should have said chickpeas too, yesterday
yes i wasn't sure if i should include them in my veggies--i don't really think of them as such, but whatever :)
That looks delicious amy!

You know i can't eat raw carrots! The only veggies i eat raw seem to be the fruit ones like tomatoes, cucumbers etc or leafy ones like lettuce.
but just can't get a raw carrot down.

This challenge will be really good for me to try and expand my meals a bit.

Cate

Support crew
I haven't thought about adding chilli or garlic so far, but I eat them every day really. Do you think we should include fresh herbs as well? I wouldn't count dried ones. What's the consensus. At the start of next month, I will list all of our combined veggies etc in alphabetical order.

Petal001

We have to count garlic and chilli in SW as speed foodvso yes should be included but I never thought of that

LaMaria

Oh in that case I had garlic, jalapeños, chickpeas, and pinto beans as well. And today I'm adding red kidney beans, raspberries, and mango to my total.

alligatorob

Respected Member
Yesterday I had blueberries, lettuce, broccoli, and peaches. Not much variety compared to some of y'all, but it was good.

aiminglow

Today I ate: orange, mango, tomato, celery, onion, chilli, and lots of mugwort, chopped up in my morning egg, done like a frittata. :)

(That's the plant sometimes called Chinese Mugwort - I don't know about the edibility of the European kind.)

Last edited:

Cate

Support crew
Yesterday I had avocado, beans(green & pinto), bok choy, carrot, cauliflower, coriander, corn, garlic, lime, nectarine, onion, pear, prunes, spinach, strawberry, sweet potato & tomato. (I had a Mexican dish for lunch.)

liza

Wow Cate such abundance and variety! I like the idea of including fresh herbs into the count.

So far today--potato, carrot, cabbage chickpeas...
I have to stock up my veggies hopefully today so maybe will try and get some variety. A lot of times I just go for cheapest rather than variety or what i want, but I'll try adding something new into the mix

liza

I got stocked up on veggies today and can add to what I already had today--cauliflower and beans
Also had my mixed frozen berries again so raspberries, strawberries, blueberries, blackberries

alligatorob

Respected Member
My list is pretty small again today, but here it is peaches, lettuce and oranges. I am finding it hard to keep my protein up and eat as much fruit and veggies as I want.

aiminglow

Today I ate: orange, watermelon, banana, lettuce, tomato, celery, onion, chilli, and another good handful of Chinese Mugwort (which I now know is called artemisia argyi by the learned. :) )