Time for Jenefer to Finally Figure this Out!

:grouphug: Forced positivity wouldn't be healthy so don't worry about always being upbeat. I'd also guess your neighbor was making a bad joke. Especially if it was someone you at least knew by sight. Maybe he doesn't like it when people "baby" their pets? Some folks get really intense and snarky about that.

:grouphug: Forced positivity wouldn't be healthy so don't worry about always being upbeat. I'd also guess your neighbor was making a bad joke. Especially if it was someone you at least knew by sight. Maybe he doesn't like it when people "baby" their pets? Some folks get really intense and snarky about that.
:iagree: with LLama. Some people do get snarky about pets. Boo to them!

Thank you Llama and Cate, I don't think he dislikes pets/would be trying to be snarky, although I have indeed encountered that on more than one occasion so that was certainly a valid thought :mad:! BUT he does seem to have a weird sense of humor. I still really feel like he thought I was pregnant, but that doesn't make sense. My husband, I shall call him W, said it might be because of the way I walk when she is strapped across my body, kind of like a bit of a lumber. I just don't know what to think though and it was quite upsetting and embarrassing. :( I am pretty sure if I was 30 pounds lighter and NOT carrying the weight in my stomach that I wouldn't even be questioning this.

So time to get rid of the 30 pounds and the self-doubt! I did make sure to do my workout today, even though it wasn't until lunch time. I do intend to do some more toning exercises later. I did buy a new little arm toning machine. Eating has not been bad, not a lot of snacking or empty calories, so that is good. I did make sure to get a bit of fruit in and dinner will be stuffed peppers with a side of beans with baked apples. It sounds odd but it works!

I am determined to get back on track and not let upsetting things derail me. That is super counter-productive! This entire process needs to be about being kind to myself, doing things that 'feel good', taking time out to 'smell the flowers' and basically putting my own 'oxygen mask' on first. I hope that everyone did at least one thing for yourselves today, just purely because you wanted to and that you felt good about it! I believe that weight loss is mostly mental, and being in the right positive headspace is what will really help us all! ❤️

Jenefer said: I am pretty sure if I was 30 pounds lighter and NOT carrying the weight in my stomach that I wouldn't even be questioning this.

That's what it always comes down to in the end: it's not about how people mean things but about how we feel. Using this unpleasant experience as motivation instead of drowning out the feeling with a chocolate bar is a sign of strength!

I genuinely think he was joking Jen. Sorry you felt rattled by the whole thing, it was definitely not what you wanted to hear! But I just think he was talking about the dog strapped in front of you making you look like you were pregnant, not your weight!

I love the way you end your posts on a positive note, very encouraging! :)

"I believe that weight loss is mostly mental, and being in the right positive headspace is what will really help us all! ❤️"
Oh, definitely xo

Hi Em-I am feeling a bit better about it all today :giggle: I admit that I did very much hope to avoid seeing that neighbor when I walked the dogs and thankfully I did not see him.

A bit tired today, so will keep this brief. Not a bad day, but I did work 2 hours later than I wanted to. I really need to try not to do that! But food was okay and I did my workout. Off to bed now.

Hope all of you had a lovely day!

I totally understand not wanting to see that neighbour for a while. I have a picture in my head that he will make it up to you somehow.

Glad you had a good day!

Hello Everyone! Thank you LLama I did get some rest, which I think I needed! Em...maybe one day he will be able to, but I think it will be a loooong time before I will stop going out of my way to avoid him, lol!

I think I should start off with some positive things! I seemed to have done a much better job getting back on track in the morning after 'touching' my computer. I have not let my differently wired brain hold me hostage in my seat for the entire day. That has helped. I have done my workout after my 'brisk walk, not quite a jog' every day. Even if it is later, and I haven't felt guilty about it. Where I work they do put a priority on physical fitness, there is even a gym. Other folks workout for an hour, I can too, just not there :giggle: And I always work my hours. It was just a mindset I needed to get past. Like I was doing something wrong. I was working when I was not scheduled to work, so then I can take that time back.

I would say that I have not done much excessive snacking, which is the root of the problem. I wore a pair of 'skinny' jeans today and didn't feel like my 'muffin top' was rolling over, so that was also good!

I hope you had some victories this week as well and that you recognized them too! You probably had as many of them as you did minor pitfalls. We seem to concentrate on those pitfalls instead of the wins, let's reverse that!

Wishing you peace on your journey!

Yay for pants fitting the way we want them to! And well done going for that jogwalk even on days it didn't happen first thing in the morning. I find it harder to get up and go to the gym when I'm just half an hour later than normal - like I'm messing up my day somehow - when in reality the exact time matters so little.

Hello Everyone-have to say it has been a very stressful couple of days, well more like 3 days. My little poodle Chloe has been very sick and I am terrified. She really has been my best friend for 17 years. Up until a couple of days ago she was still full of energy ran up and down the steps in our house went for walks. Was just like a little miracle for a senior dog. She won't really eat and has just been very lethargic. I think maybe she has a bad tooth, need to make a vet appointment. At least I hope that is all that it is. I have been feeding her baby food in a little syringe. She is still drinking, which is good.

So with all that is going on with her, I haven't been too focused on thinking about weight loss. I did workout out today, she was in her little bed in the room. What I do every day pretty much without fail is that 45 minute to an hour fast walk/little jog. But then my goal is to come home and do some more things-arms, abs, some time on the elliptical. Would definitely say there hasn't been too much snacking. I guess worry will do that to a person.

One thing that I have to say I have done a good job with over the past 3 years for sure, but even before then is to really try to value the time that is available to spend with all the creatures 4 legged and 2 that I love. My parents are getting up in age, my father has had some health issues. And of course my little furbaby...I have really made it a priority to take time out to spend with them.

Dinners with my parents on a regular basis, almost never too busy to take a call. I try to remember that one day I won't get interrupted during the work day by them. Part of the reason working from home as much as possible has been so important to me is so that Chloe is never alone. She sits right beside me while I work all day. I knew that as she got older, that something could happen to her and if I wasn't here, I would be devastated. I am glad that I realized that time is not infinite, and that it can be so easy to think "I will make time for that tomorrow." I have certainly done that with eating healthier, oh boy have I done it with that! There are some other things I have done it with too.

But not with Chloe, so no matter what I will continue to help her be happy and healthy for as long as possible, I am indeed worried, but I do know that I will have no regrets.

I hope everyone got to dedicate some time today to the things in your life that are important to you too- xo

Poor little Chloe: I hope the vet can figure something out so she'll be comfortable and happy with you for a few more years.

Would definitely say there hasn't been too much snacking. I guess worry will do that to a person.

Generally the exact opposite for me, so well done.

:grouphug: for you & for little Chloe. My last little dog, an Australian Silky Terrier, lived for 17 years & I thought I wouldn't get another as I was so attached to her. When the time came for her to go we just knew.
"One thing that I have to say I have done a good job with over the past 3 years for sure, but even before then is to really try to value the time that is available to spend with all the creatures 4 legged and 2 that I love. My parents are getting up in age, my father has had some health issues. And of course my little furbaby...I have really made it a priority to take time out to spend with them."
I love that you are making this a high priority. There is nothing more important than the ones we love & who love us :beating:

Aw, I feel so sorry for Chloe. I really liked what you said about valuing your parents and your furry friend and making them a priority with the time you have. That's so cool.

Hello Everyone-I have been away for couple days, because I am very sorry to have to write that Chloe died. It was so terrible and I am still in shock. I miss her so very much. Even on the day she died, she crawled to the door looking for me. Thank you all for your kind words about her! Like I wrote, I did make her my priority, I actually turned down a pretty big promotion to be with her more. I have so many good memories with her. I actually have made a calendar filled with her pictures every year for almost a decade.
Llama-thank you for your wishes for some more years with her, alas it was not meant to be. But I appreciate the kind words.

Cate -it comforts me to know that you were able to get Archie, I do believe that people who are meant to have fur babies in their life, should have them! It also comforts me that I did make her a priority and will continue to do that as much as possible with all who are important to me. Time is just not infinite.

Em-Thank you for your kind words as well! I really do appreciate the well-wishes and support!

I have made myself get up every day and at least get some exercise. Chores around the house and some work stuff done kind of on auto-pilot. Llama when I am kind of stressed, anxious or annoyed I snack, but when it is something that is really just awful like this, I do tend to lose my appetite. Not really focused on that at the moment I suppose. But I did really want to come here and check in.

I have to say that I am very proud of myself, she did not die alone. She died with me holding her, talking to her and making her feel as safe as I possibly could. I know some people don't understand people like me, who literally value their pet as much as any other close family member and that is okay, we are all different. But I do appreciate it even when people don't understand, that they understand that this was important to me. I actually have zero tolerance for anyone who tries to invalidate the true feelings of another person.

I hope that everyone has had some time this week with any living being that means something to you. Make those memories and enjoy your time with them! xo

Back